IGNORED

Trouble On The Cumberland Basin

madmax

Spot on. What sort of person gets their kicks from making this sort of shit up, it does no-one any favours? And, before anyone starts, I appreciate people on here may have just been passing on info they heard elsewhere.

Not very bright on the part of "daisybcfc" posting this on the millwall board.....http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=10837

glad to hear that it wasnt as serious as some were making out

Spot on. What sort of person gets their kicks from making this sort of shit up, it does no-one any favours? And, before anyone starts, I appreciate people on here may have just been passing on info they heard elsewhere.

I agree with you - the way some people treat this site I am beginning to think it should be closed down

Tom please get on that board and let them know the information you have as clearly daisy's uneccessary post has stirred up the hornets nest again.. :argh:

tbh, they seem a bit slow... how can they seriously take that website at face value?

But yeah, it might be worth telling them it's coshure. (sp)

Thanks for that Tom (and Dolls) I normally stop at Leigh Delamere on the way home, I didnt tonght thank ****

God to hear no one was seriously hurt. I hope to ***** this cancer can be cut out of the game, although I really cant see it sadly

Ooooh yes i can see those Millwall fans tapping their keys harder than normal over one persons post, a real hornets nest.....

very intelligent and witty response, hat definately comes off to you.

I was merely pointing out that shortly after Tom had clarified the situation on here (and several other boards) someone decided it would be wise to post a link to clearly ill informed report which was only ever going to enflame the situation again.

I take it you wern't planning on making any away trips in and around London for the next few season's then?

I for one am looking forward to the Millwall return leg and don't fancy having my day ruined by a "revenge attack" sparked by someones ignorant post on an opposition forum....

But whatever you say....

I apologise my post has offended people. Although the posts were made, I did say all along it was unconfirmed. I agree alot posted on this forum is bull, but I was contacted by a non city fan who witnessed everything. This person has been called to the Police station tomorrow at 10am to produce a statement as he was drinking in the Rose of Denmark.

Once again, sorry. I will consider what I post in the future.

MM

Some of the ridiculous rumours posted on here over the last few weeks have been a let down to this forum.

But saying you know Michael Owen is going to sign is one thing, What's been said tonight is totally unacceptable.

FFS think before you post. Idiots.

Tom please get on that board and let them know the information you have as clearly daisy's uneccessary post has stirred up the hornets nest again.. :argh:

how was it "uneccessary"? just passing on info, to be honest if it was the other way round and you had friends who were at the game and its been reported you would want to know. you've had a few digs at me in the past weeks, im not sure if its a personal thing or what but grow up.

Ooooh yes i can see those Millwall fans tapping their keys harder than normal over one persons post, a real hornets nest.....

exactly!

---

Anyway thanks for clearing stuff up for us

I apologise my post has offended people. Although the posts were made, I did say all along it was unconfirmed. I agree alot posted on this forum is bull, but I was contacted by a non city fan who witnessed everything. This person has been called to the Police station tomorrow at 10am to produce a statement as he was drinking in the Rose of Denmark.

MM

Thanks for being honest and admitting that it is stupid to post rumours especially when they are rumours that relate to something that is serious

This thread needs to be deleted. Just listened to Radio Bristol and no mention of such a 'serious' event. Someone is stirring trouble up and until this rumour is credited with truth this thread should be put to bed before some national 'rag' or the evil post decide to run this story as truth and we really do find ourselves in the brown stuff.

I have no doubt the bridge swing caused trouble, but with so many police around today i can't believe this level of violence would have occured.

I am not saying there is no hooligan element or a problem with hooliganism, I must admit that all the police prescence before the game made me slightly fearful for the first time in years.

But this sort of chinese whispers causes too much damage.

MM

No need to apologize.

You never stated it was fact, and you were only passing on what you had been told.

how was it "uneccessary"? just passing on info, to be honest if it was the other way round and you had friends who were at the game and its been reported you would want to know. you've had a few digs at me in the past weeks, im not sure if its a personal thing or what but grow up.

exactly!

---

Anyway thanks for clearing stuff up for us

I'm sorry but I'm not sure i've ever encountered your post's on this forum before, therefore very much doubt I would have "made digs" at you as you put it... any examples? as I can assure you there would have been nothing personal intended in any of them..

I explained in my above post why I felt you posting that website to their board was uneccessary as clearly they had people who were in the know as the news was already filtering through to their message board that it was not at serious as was being made out - hence my request for someone in the know to clarify the latest piece of reliable information to prevent the article you posted being taken at face value and sparking it off again...

MM

dont beat yourself up about it, you just told us what you had heard, 95% of the people on here would have done the same, it just snowballed. I bet you are glad you were wrong as no one has died!

Archived