IGNORED

We Need A Creative Midfielder

Wilksi

And quick. Two midfielders in skis and Elliot together is not the way to progress this club. We missed hartley pulling the strings today.

Marv and cole were either to close together or two far apart during the match today and millwall just ran through them. A striker is impreative in the short term but a creative midfielder is even more important and super fast.

that we do, todays game was crying out for Paul Hartley. Marv and Skuse both looked clueless when aproaching the edge of the area and offen passed it back and fourth. I thought JCR played pretty well considering there wasnt many options for a pass and was baffled when he was taken off. Neither Ivan or Adomah had the quality to unlock the deffence and Clarkson isnt an out and out stiker. Gavin Williams anyone?

And quick. Two midfielders in skis and Elliot together is not the way to progress this club. We missed hartley pulling the strings today.

Marv and cole were either to close together or two far apart during the match today and millwall just ran through them. A striker is impreative in the short term but a creative midfielder is even more important and super fast.

Couldn't agree more. We lacked vision and craft in the middle today and need someone to fill the hole Hartley has left. Another thing I think we were lacking is leadership on the pitch. Without Orr, Hartley and Carey we looked ruderless out there today - we need to bring in an experienced player in the middle of the park to pull the strings.

Nobel could be class on his day, just enjoyed the drink to much.

Undecided on Williams, he's not a left midfielder that's for sure.

I don't think we have an answer currently at the club.

If I was coppell I would be on the phone a lot this coming week trying to plug this issue.

Couldn't agree more. We lacked vision and craft in the middle today and need someone to fill the hole Hartley has left. Another thing I think we were lacking is leadership on the pitch. Without Orr, Hartley and Carey we looked ruderless out there today - we need to bring in an experienced player in the middle of the park to pull the strings.

Agreed. Cole is a great player, but not ready yet to lead the team on the pitch. If he is to carry on then he needs to grow a set of lungs and he needs to use them.

Now call me old fashioned and yes I realise that he left because his good lady preferred haggis to Clarks pies but I thought we had such a player in Harts, so why didnt we just try a tad harder to keep him????

But the real gist of my thread is just HOW LONG is SL going to be prepared to bank roll SC's spending??? Even when you have as much wonga as SL undoubtably has, there has to come a time when the cheque book is put firmly back in the safe and after watching that today "if" I was SL sitting now in his chez-lounge in Guernsey the thought would certainly be going through my mind like "Just how MUCH more of my kids inheritance am I going to flush round the 'U' bend to follow what I have already lost???"

It might just be that "if" Coppello is thinking of asking for a little more pocket money early next week he just may have a nasty surprise....................................

Now call me old fashioned and yes I realise that he left because his good lady preferred haggis to Clarks pies but I thought we had such a player in Harts, so why didnt we just try a tad harder to keep him????

But the real gist of my thread is just HOW LONG is SL going to be prepared to bank roll SC's spending??? Even when you have as much wonga as SL undoubtably has, there has to come a time when the cheque book is put firmly back in the safe and after watching that today "if" I was SL sitting now in his chez-lounge in Guernsey the thought would certainly be going through my mind like "Just how MUCH more of my kids inheritance am I going to flush round the 'U' bend to follow what I have already lost???"

It might just be that "if" Coppello is thinking of asking for a little more pocket money early next week he just may have a nasty surprise....................................

You what?? Steve coppell has spent **** ALL. Look at Warnock etc they spend proper money.

Given that the tactics today from the off were to hoof long balls towards Clarkson such a player would have been wasted. As soon as JCR started to look creative he was hauled off. Today was same product with different branding. An awful long way to go.

Noble was a fantastic player and Gav gets treated like crap, i agree with most of the comments made. We have to spend money on a experienced attacking midfielder that can break down defences so we get GOALS!!!

Agreed, we can have the best strikers in the world but if there not getting any service then it's pointless having them, and you can't expect the wingers to be skining the midfielders and the full backs all game.

Spot on Wilksi. The reason we were so poor today is ALL our midfielders were totally over run. Millwall sussed us out, and their midfield totally bossed the game. The defence was subsequently regularly over run, and our admittedly poor strikers were made worse by an utter lack of decent ball forward. all we seemed to do is hoof it up almost every time

have to agree, I dont think we have anyone who I would trust to take a set piece. We may as well give Gavin williams a game, so then at least we know if he is up to it or not.

The person I feel sorry for is Mr Lansdown, he has backed his man yet again, the game was sold out, and the players serve up that. When you invest what he has to get Coppell here, and the england keeper, you have the right to expect better.

have to agree, I dont think we have anyone who I would trust to take a set piece. We may as well give Gavin williams a game, so then at least we know if he is up to it or not.

The person I feel sorry for is Mr Lansdown, he has backed his man yet again, the game was sold out, and the players serve up that. When you invest what he has to get Coppell here, and the england keeper, you have the right to expect better.

I think your right, think Williams has the right to at least be given a chance to show what he's got.

I do think we need another one though.

Lansdown knows what he is doing as does coppel. It took coppel 5 years to get palarse up and 3 for reading. It's not going to happen over night, I just think he needs to address this issue sooner rather than later.

Hartley's pinpoint ball distribution was certainly sorely missed out there. Sproule didn't have a good game (MOTM???!!!!!) but he did try a few runs off the ball without anyone trying to find him - an experienced midfield general like Hartley would've picked him out I'm sure.

I was a little disappointed in the way the club apparently didn't try to entice Paul to stay, personally.

You what?? Steve coppell has spent **** ALL. Look at Warnock etc they spend proper money.

Sorry my mistake??? Obviously David James, Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart, Albert Adomoah, Sam Vokes have come here as part of an OXFAM refugee charity package..................

Really must have missed that news release.

Offering their services at no on cost to Bristol City Football Club is a fantastic example of humanitarian goodwill

Was it not you expecting an attacking midfielder to sign yesteday on your cluedo thread?

Was their actually some substance to your "koren" info or was it all part of the chase? :innocent06: I hope there was as he could be the missing link :fingerscrossed:

Noble could bathe in vodka for all I care, as long as we win and he does a decent hours stint playing the role of puppeteer!!

Nobel could be class on his day, just enjoyed the drink to much.

Undecided on Williams, he's not a left midfielder that's for sure.

I don't think we have an answer currently at the club.

If I was coppell I would be on the phone a lot this coming week trying to plug this issue.

Sorry my mistake??? Obviously David James, Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart, Albert Adomoah, Sam Vokes have come here as part of an OXFAM refugee charity package..................

Really must have missed that news release.

Offering their services at no on cost to Bristol City Football Club is a fantastic example of humanitarian goodwill

Free, Free, PAYED US, 300,000?, Loan

So yes, Spent a fortune hasn't he....

Was it not you expecting an attacking midfielder to sign yesteday on your cluedo thread?

Was their actually some substance to your "koren" info or was it all part of the chase? :innocent06: I hope there was as he could be the missing link :fingerscrossed:

I think you need to re-read that thread then cus I never said that. I said a loan would be signing. Someone else said about koren. But I agree he could be the missing link.

I think you need to re-read that thread then cus I never said that. I said a loan would be signing. Someone else said about koren. But I agree he could be the missing link.

My bad, I couldn't be arsed reading 2/3 pages or w.e it was :innocent06:

He has been spoken about several times since it was announced WBA had released him, I heard he was in talks with some low end premierleage teams earlier in the summer but havn't heard anything since...

Free, Free, PAYED US, 300,000?, Loan

So yes, Spent a fortune hasn't he....

I think his point was that these players are mostly on high wages. Bar possibly Albert. James to be fair was all lansdown idea and doing so should be out of that argument, also Albert was lined up to come here under the previous regime so shouldn't really be counted either.

My bad, I couldn't be arsed reading 2/3 pages or w.e it was :innocent06:

He has been spoken about several times since it was announced WBA had released him, I heard he was in talks with some low end premierleage teams earlier in the summer but havn't heard anything since...

The issue would always be wages though.

The issue would always be wages though.

Same issue with any proven player at this level though... As he is a free agent we could possibly tempt him with a reasonable signing on fee with the agreement of a lower wage packet (which i would assume is similar to the deal put to DJ?!!) :fingerscrossed:

Same issue with any proven player at this level though... As he is a free agent we could possibly tempt him with a reasonable signing on fee with the agreement of a lower wage packet (which i would assume is similar to the deal put to DJ?!!) :fingerscrossed:

That could well be an option. Who else is out there and available at the moment? Has anyone seen what these Irish lads are like??

Archived