IGNORED

Richard Latham

Coach

Guest mesa boogie

Really?

370 odd miles - must have been before the days of speed cameras disapointed2se.gif

Easyjet. I've seen Hartley on a few flights, for a shithead he was alright. :ph34r:

Not really, I lived in Glasgow for a year and from my flat in The Gorbals to my parents house in Bridgeyate would take 3ish hours.

:disapointed2se:

Used Steve Lansdowns private jet did you?

EDIT: Sorry, just seen your post re EasyJet.

Could never have done it by road.

i thought that lathams match report was spot on. it appears that SC has no dealings in transfers. That seems to be Sextons job. so whether SC is being given players to work with he doesnt want(or rate) we dont know.SC sugessted that Dj transfer used up all available funds I would question why he gambled on Reids Fitness, he was culpable for mIlwalls first 2 goals. It suggested that SC had no faith in Edwardes.Why was Jackson preferred on the bench rather than Akinde. Akinde has been overlooked by 3 managers now. and why did he not start with vokes???

yesterdays result was coming from the 3 defeats at Exeter Torquay and Aldershot

SC honeymoons period will not last long. we are already playing catch up. it could be a long season

i thought that lathams match report was spot on. it appears that SC has no dealings in transfers. That seems to be Sextons job. so whether SC is being given players to work with he doesnt want(or rate) we dont know.SC sugessted that Dj transfer used up all available funds I would question why he gambled on Reids Fitness, he was culpable for mIlwalls first 2 goals. It suggested that SC had no faith in Edwardes.Why was Jackson preferred on the bench rather than Akinde. Akinde has been overlooked by 3 managers now. and why did he not start with vokes???

SC honeymoons period will not last long. we are already playing catch up. it could be a long season

catch- up, after ONE game ffs, I've read it all now!

Guest mesa boogie

:disapointed2se:

Used Steve Lansdowns private jet did you?

EDIT: Sorry, just seen your post re EasyJet.

Could never have done it by road.

Well you could of but it would of been in Thrust SSC.

Who the **** is Reid???

That's what I thought, and how can it be said 'it appears SC has no dealings in transfers'? Nonsense.

That can't be enitrely true, he signed Cisse from Reading because of his abilities and he said at the beginning of the season he would sign no players from Reading.

I've always found him to be a rather intense individual, so I wouldn't read too much into anything. I think some are finding this strange as our previous manager was so different, always quick to voice his opinions, often cracking jokes and larking around with the press, although that side of Johnson did seem to fade towards the end of his time here. They are two entirely different types of manager, and I don't think it's anything to worry about, Coppell is just a more reserved man imo. I'm confident he's 100% focussed on the job and I'd imagine he'll be working hard behind the scenes this week to get things sorted.

"Tuesday's annual photocall and press gathering ..... not so friendly was the atmosphere inside the ground when, after waiting the best part of an hour to interview Coppell, the assembled ranks of press, radio and tv reporters were told that he had driven off on a scouting mission.

Assistant Keith Millen was trotted out as stand-in, a substitution which did not meet with the approval of journalists, particularly those from National newspapers, and tv crews, some of whom had travelled long distances.

It was the first time I have ever known a City manager leave a pre-season photo shoot without doing a single interview and it came as something of a shock.

We knew dealing with the media wasn't high on Coppell's list of priorities, but this was still an extraordinary manoeuvre. It made me wonder how happily the former Manchester United and England player has settled in at Ashton Gate."

And his leading paragraph in the match report:

"Why have City invested so heavily in a goalkeeper when so many other areas of the team need strengthening?"

I must admit I've been worried a little as to whether Coppell has really enjoyed any of his time here. Nothing I can really put my finger on but just a feeling from watching all his interviews. Hopefully it's just a case me of not knowing his personality. As for James, I was also a little worried that he was kind of forced on Coppell by Lansdown. SL did say Coppell agreed to it when it was put to him but he's arguably not going to put the dampeners on something which would've excited his new boss so soon after being appointed by him.

Please let us get some wins under our belt and some injured players back again, I still shudder at the losing streak that Johnson went through so soon after taking over .....

over reaction.

Why do some look too much into something?

I remember seeing posts from Reading fans around the time SC was appointed, basically saying what many have already touched upon - that he is a very guarded and reserved character, who gives absolutely nothing away, and that his reactions would be much the same whether we won 3-0 or lost 3-0. I just think with us being used to GJ's chatty, outgoing, wisecracking style where he he would talk to just about anyone, SC's manner has come as a bit of a culture shock to a few people, and might take some getting used to. For example, I think most people would be able to predict how the post-match interviews would have gone yesterday if that result had happened under GJ.

Steve coppell is a quiet reserved individual and thankfully he's never going to be a 'neil warnock' type of manager. I'd question him prioritising a non urgent press conference over the urgency of pulling together his squad. Look at any change management model or theory and you'll invariably move backward before you go forwards. Yesterday was just the absolute realisation of how much change is needed and the length of time it will take. No room for unsettling rumours at this stage.

totally agree. dont read anything into coppells demeanour, the reading fans said he was like his when he joined. he's no spin merhcant and obviously isnt really interested in the media, doing the bare minimum. so what.

he has been very understated in pre-season. you could almost sense he was nervous about the lack of quality in our ranks, particularly the lack of fit quality. yesterday probably just told him what he feared.

Really good post. This is something that has been on my mind as well. Coppell seems to be an insecure kind of guy and I wonder how confident he is in his own ability, hence only wanting a one year rolling contract. He obviously has the know how to get teams promoted but I hope that this ability isn't dependent on the amount of change to a team he has to make (and we want a lot), having his own people around him and feeling comfortable where he is. Time will tell. Yesterday must have been a real reality check.

That is a million miles from the truth - it takes a lot more confidence to lean against the dugout looking like you don't give a damn when your team is losing than to scream and shout. Coppell has been there and won it - he has complete confidence in his own ability to get results long term, and won't panic. As he said on Radio Bristol last night, it took him 5 years to get promotion with Palace, and 3 years with Reading. We have got to be patient guys! Yesterday was v.poor but it really doesn't matter - we'll get there.

That is a million miles from the truth - it takes a lot more confidence to lean against the dugout looking like you don't give a damn when your team is losing than to scream and shout. Coppell has been there and won it - he has complete confidence in his own ability to get results long term, and won't panic. As he said on Radio Bristol last night, it took him 5 years to get promotion with Palace, and 3 years with Reading. We have got to be patient guys! Yesterday was v.poor but it really doesn't matter - we'll get there.

Agreed, we can't expect wonders from the first whistle but an improvement on finishing 12th would be superb

The more I think about this story, The more it has a ring of truth to it.

BCFC blow a significant part of it's wage budget on a 40 year old goalkeeper and there is not enough left to bring in what we really need a 'PROVEN' goalscorer and that will always be our problem this season, Because all though we might also need a creative midfielder, Maynard is our only recognised goalscorer, our back up strikers will still not score enough goals and that includes Haynes.

i'm not suggesting that Lathams story is correct, But you have to wonder.

The more I think about this story, The more it has a ring of truth to it.

BCFC blow a significant part of it's wage budget on a 40 year old goalkeeper and there is not enough left to bring in what we really need a 'PROVEN' goalscorer and that will always be our problem this season, Because all though we might also need a creative midfielder, Maynard is our only recognised goalscorer, our back up strikers will still not score enough goals and that includes Haynes.

i'm not suggesting that Lathams story is correct, But you have to wonder.

Have we blown a significant part of our wage budget on DJ?

We certainly needed a good keeper, and we've now got an excellent one.

Have we blown a significant part of our wage budget on DJ?

We certainly needed a good keeper, and we've now got an excellent one.

Agree totally, But in our circumstances (we are not Man City) surely priorities come into the equation and we have only one striker capable of scoring in a brothel and that will always be the unresolved problem from our time so far in the championship, Take the past 2 seasons for instance, Yes we need to shore our defence and stop leaking goals, But with another 10 or so goals in both seasons then the play offs could well have been within reach.

Archived