IGNORED

Richard Latham

Coach

Well we did sign a striker, and a good one too. Unfortunately he got injured on his début.

Signings are not just limited by funds, they're limited by who is available and willing to come. If there had been a brilliant striker available and willing to come, maybe they'd have said "thanks but no thanks" to David James (who I believe is being paid less than Trundle was rumoured to be on anyway) and signed the striker. If there wasn't a striker available then why not use the money to sign the England goalkeeper?

I must say I have thought from day one coppell hasn't exactly looked happy here. Everyone just says that's his demeanour but what if it isn't? Hope all is well behind the scenes but he does give the impression all is not rosy, let's just hope he sticks it out and leads us on to better things.

I hate to say I told you so but....

Must admit at the time I thought SC wasn't that bothered about the James signing and it was all SL's doing.

However, I'm still right behind the new manager and have every faith in him, just wish he would lighten up a bit and look like he was enjoying the job just a wee bit more. The players will be looking to the gaffer for confidence and any other vibes he gives off.

I don't know why most people attacked Lathams comments, He never looked like he was enjoying it from the minute he signed on and then buggered off to watch Brentford while we were at home.

Firstly SL was the man who hired Marcus Stewart, so there is a history. Then again its a rich mans perogative to buy some toys. Then there is the Portsmouth forum that says James is on 8k to 10k per week, supported by a City fan who says we have a 10k wage cap. Then both James and SC are only on 12 month contracts. James and SC may well have recieved a handsome signing on fee, however large sums of money have so far not been mentioned in the media.

If SC does an early exit as he did with Man City, we always have come back Milly to call on.

When Coppell was first mentioned, I asked a very relevant question. Would he live in Bristol or try and commute from London. Now in his 50's that sort of travel can get very old in a hurry. I made the point then and now that I hope he's living in Bristol, at least for his 1 year contract. Hartley found it hard with a weekly trip North and unless SL loans SC his plane for London visitations, it will be a tiresome monotonous drive week after week.

A quote from 4 DAYS AGO !

" If SC does an early exit as he did with Man City, we always have come back Milly to call on." Prophetic ! Yet very sad for our club and fans.

Rednready.

Archived