IGNORED

Steve Wigley

Rocky

So names then, with a name like Wigley there is bags of potential...The Wigster, Wigmanator, Wiggage, Wiggles, Wigger, Wigasauras, Wigglington. Wig-wham..

MILLY and WIGGERS will take us forward !

This is a good, solid appointment. From what I have read so far about our new AM he will take charge of day to day coaching in the same style as his new boss.

Can't wait for Saturday, although it will take rather longer than that for his influence to show - hopefully especially in our wing play which let us down badly quite often last season.

Why? Who were you expecting - Kevin Keegan?

Wigley has been number two at Man City under Stuart Pearce and also coached England U-21's under Pearce. He was recently at Hull City.

He's very experienced and will no doubt have plenty of contacts within the game.

He played for Forest, Pompey and Sheffield Utd I think. Can't remember who else.

He's a new face to City and will bring fresh idea's and approaches.

I'm happy with the appointment.

Well said that man!! I am delighted with the calibre of Asst. that KM has a) attracted and b) appointed. Tonnes of experience and contacts and we are lucky that he has agreed to work with/for City imo.

Im new to this forum, this is my first post so might take me a little while to figure out completely how it works. Just got home and read about Wigley's appointment, first time i've heard of him so can't comment on him yet however he sounds like his has a good cv and history with previous clubs. Just hope that he doesn't do what the last Steve who joined city on a one year rolling contract did and "Wiggle" on out of his position after just two games :rofl2br: Shouldn't do though.

Don't know too much about him, just that he was at Man City with Pearce and his U21 work. Seems a decent appointment and his C.V is certainly filled with vast experience from a very varied range of clubs. I had no idea who to expect but this seems like a sensible acquisition to me. Hopefully they can guide us to good times!

VERY GOOD APPOINTMENT!

can't understand any complaints at all, I can only pressume it's from the younger generation who don't know his name right away so think he must be crap

GREAT SIGNING

Also being a key part of the u21 setup he'll be in a perfect position to talk up Bristol City to the younger players if their prem clubs

Yes Excellent appointment...He has a great CV and is well known to most of us over 35 (and older)

In my opinion a great appointment. A very well respected coach who obviously has excellent contacts within the game and has the right spirit ie Not afraid to stand on the touch line and "publicly rebuke" (Language on best behaviour) any player not pulling their weight?

In fact I spoke to one of our ex players (who sends his very best regards to ALL City fans) earlier and he concurs that the appointment of Steve W is a fantastic appointment, similar to spending a seven figure sum on a player!!!

Also what has not been so widely commented on is in my opinion the just as good news that Walshy (Spelt L E G E N D) is staying and also possibly the only one good thing that Coppello did leave us with ie Kunhle? Again from speaking to said player he reckons that the team really rate Kunhle's methods and that the present injury "crisis" has absolutely naff all connection with the introduction of our new fitness coach???

On a slight negative note I really do have to wonder just where this leaves David Lee (Is he going to carry on looking after the kids and being a "part time" scout - personally I think a club of our standing deserves a FULL TIME scout rather than somebody combining said job with his normal day job), Glen Schmidt (Do we really need and can we afford TWO fitness coached???) and finally Stuart Naylor (Again where exactly is his position now that DJ is in place????).

But all in all an absolutely superb appointment as Assistant Manager, a fresh set of eyes with fresh ideas. Welcome to the team Steve.

Now we just need some quality players for him to Assistant manage!!!!!

englandsmile4wf.gif

One of my biggest worries after SC left was that we may not be taken seriously as a club again, I'm glad to see with this appointment that we're still able to attract staff (and hopefully players) of this experience and calibre

Concur with the above, very happy with this appointment.

In my opinion a great appointment. A very well respected coach who obviously has excellent contacts within the game and has the right spirit ie Not afraid to stand on the touch line and "publicly rebuke" (Language on best behaviour) any player not pulling their weight?

In fact I spoke to one of our ex players (who sends his very best regards to ALL City fans) earlier and he concurs that the appointment of Steve W is a fantastic appointment, similar to spending a seven figure sum on a player!!!

Also what has not been so widely commented on is in my opinion the just as good news that Walshy (Spelt L E G E N D) is staying and also possibly the only one good thing that Coppello did leave us with ie Kunhle? Again from speaking to said player he reckons that the team really rate Kunhle's methods and that the present injury "crisis" has absolutely naff all connection with the introduction of our new fitness coach???

On a slight negative note I really do have to wonder just where this leaves David Lee (Is he going to carry on looking after the kids and being a "part time" scout - personally I think a club of our standing deserves a FULL TIME scout rather than somebody combining said job with his normal day job), Glen Schmidt (Do we really need and can we afford TWO fitness coached???) and finally Stuart Naylor (Again where exactly is his position now that DJ is in place????).

But all in all an absolutely superb appointment as Assistant Manager, a fresh set of eyes with fresh ideas. Welcome to the team Steve.

Now we just need some quality players for him to Assistant manage!!!!!

englandsmile4wf.gif

What do you mean about Stuart Naylor? James is a player, nothing more, nothing less. he needs to be coached, as do Hendo and Gerks.

I'm pretty sure Kunle is a sports scientist, not a fitness coach... although that's from memory and I could be wrong.

Don't know too much about him, just that he was at Man City with Pearce and his U21 work. Seems a decent appointment and his C.V is certainly filled with vast experience from a very varied range of clubs. I had no idea who to expect but this seems like a sensible acquisition to me. Hopefully they can guide us to good times!

He was a very tricky winger at Forest for a few years under Cloughie so has a great pedigree.

Brilliant news really happy with this appointment I don't doubt Millen's ability but to bring in that much of vast experience and hopefully bring youngsters into the team and useful loan links. Will also interesting to see how we do this season mentally with Kunle staying on good news I reckon puts bit less stress on the manager?

Archived