IGNORED

Steve Wigley

Rocky

what a huge dissapointment

Not really. Been there and done that as assistant manager, good reputation for bringing through young talent and must have decent contacts in the game given his experience. Just because he failed as a manager doesn't mean he can't do a decent job as a coach.

We're crying out for someone to help develop our youngsters when they hit 17-19, now we appoint someone with proven credentials for doing this. Can only be a good thing I think.

In Milly and Wiggles we trust!!!:city:

Why? Who were you expecting - Kevin Keegan?

Wigley has been number two at Man City under Stuart Pearce and also coached England U-21's under Pearce. He was recently at Hull City.

He's very experienced and will no doubt have plenty of contacts within the game.

He played for Forest, Pompey and Sheffield Utd I think. Can't remember who else.

He's a new face to City and will bring fresh idea's and approaches.

I'm happy with the appointment.

What did you expect? Alex Ferguson.....Hary Redknapp? :disapointed2se:

This guy has a wealth of experience at all levels, is involves in england under 21's so knows all the young talent around and is highly respected and weve managed to get him onboard to assist our manager who has very little experience and is not well known.

Couldnt have asked for much better is you ask me.

Why? Who were you expecting - Kevin Keegan?

Wigley has been number two at Man City under Stuart Pearce and also coached England U-21's under Pearce. He was recently at Hull City.

He's very experienced and will no doubt have plenty of contacts within the game.

He played for Forest, Pompey and Sheffield Utd I think. Can't remember who else.

He's a new face to City and will bring fresh idea's and approaches.

I'm happy with the appointment.

and i'm happy as well.

Well, without knowing too much about him, (apart from his CV) I'm reasonably pleased. It seems clear he was Millen's first choice too, which bodes well.

3 reasons we should be happy;

Firstly, he's not part of the City old boys network that was suggested by some on here, which included just about anyone who has ever played for us (Jacki, for christ's sake!)

Secondly, his experience coaching at clubs of a similar size (Hull, Bolton, Saints), suggests he must be doing something right, let alone his current involvement with the England under 21s.

Finally, he's available to start straight away, so no sorting out his release with another club.

a fantastic appoint by the club and millen he is still with the under 21's and is well known,

He's brought alot of youth players through and has even been manager at southampton so he knows the ins and outs of the game,

Well done Millen and the baord I'm very happy with this appointment

Archived