IGNORED

Players Must Leave

cityfan

Way to big, too unbalanced and many players will be farmed out on loan or released. Somebody has already posted that we have 10 strikers! Absolutely crazy.

In my opinion, the following players careers at City are finished, sometime this season

Nyatanga

Tom Williams

Styvar

Nicky Hunt - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

McAllister

Elliott

Clarkson

Gavin Williams

Can't really comment on the following as I don't know enough about them, although I cannot see how they are going to break into the team (Contradiction I know)

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Joe Lennox

Patrick Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Other question marks

James Wilson - Constantly injured

JCR - Mobile, holds the ball, but not sure what the end benefit is. Adomah already looks more threatening, Haynes is yet to come back and Sproule is looking good

Vokes - Loan signing and injured anyway

Yes, 16 players all potentially wasted at City in my opinion

Those that deserve a chance over a prolonged period of games

AKINDE

RIBIERO

ADOMAH - Playing I know, but I hope that continues

Nyatanga

Tom Williams

Styvar

Nicky Hunt - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

McAllister

Elliott

Clarkson

Gavin Williams

--------------

Elliot?

Williams?

Hunt?

Keep.

I hope you know Hunt still isnt match fit, and has admitted that.

Elliot is quality championship, let williams have a few more games.

We've got 10 strikers on our books (providing pittman and stead come in).

Styvar - out.

Jackson - Loan

Akinde - Loan

;)

Hunt - not match fit hardly fair to call

Nyntanga - was supposed to be one for the future when we signed him, may not yet be ready but should be given time.

McAllister - will go at end of this season imo.

Elliott - :rofl2br:

Patrick Hoban & Jimmy Keohane - We've literally just signed these lads, you even seen them play yet?

Joe Edwards - again one for the future! Loan him out in mean time, after Hunt retires we could see Edwards RB and Ribeiro CB.

Ribeiro and Adomah - deserve a chance?!!?! they're nailed on future game in game out first teamers for future

My players to go at end of season (loan players not included):

McAllister

Clarkson - if no product this season

G.Williams

Campbell-Ryce

Styvar

Loan out:

Edwards

Ball

Jackson

Akinde

Irish youngsters maybe, depends how they do in their first season at the club.

If the two new strikers DO sign, that will make nine new senior players into the club this summer - not including the two Irish lads.

We now have more than 30 senior players - far too many. We have too many central midfielders and too many strikers. Milly must trim.

Here is a possible off-load list:

1. Gavin Williams - just not effective enough at this level.

2. Peter Styvar

3. John Akinde - needs to be playing regularly at a lower level and learn the rudiments of the offside law

4. Ivan Sproule - yes, the fans' darling, Ivan. How he was given the MOM award v Barnsley was a joke. So many moves break down around him because of his lack of awareness and poor final pass. Sorry, but with Campbell-Ryce, Adomah and Haynes, we have enough 'wide' players.

5. David Clarkson - a clever footballer but his lack of pace is a big hinderance. If we get a decent offer for him to go back to Scotland, we should take it.

6. Lee Johnson - if we do sign that 'creative' midfielder that is being talked about.

The basis is there for a good squad and a good season, but without proper competitive reserve team football, the maximum number of senior pros should be 25.

If the two new strikers DO sign, that will make nine new senior players into the club this summer - not including the two Irish lads.

We now have more than 30 senior players - far too many. We have too many central midfielders and too many strikers. Milly must trim.

2. Peter Styvar

3. John Akinde - needs to be playing regularly at a lower level and learn the rudiments of the offside law

4. Ivan Sproule - yes, the fans' darling, Ivan. How he was given the MOM award v Barnsley was a joke. So many moves break down around him because of his lack of awareness and poor final pass. Sorry, but with Campbell-Ryce, Adomah and Haynes, we have enough 'wide' players.

5. David Clarkson - a clever footballer but his lack of pace is a big hinderance. If we get a decent offer for him to go back to Scotland, we should take it.

6. Lee Johnson - if we do sign that 'creative' midfielder that is being talked about.

The basis is there for a good squad and a good season, but without proper competitive reserve team football, the maximum number of senior pros should be 25.

I'd retain most of your off-load list.

I'd retain most of your off-load list.

I wouldn't, but I'd retain LJ, albeit to be on the bench once a new creative midfielder is signed.

Strikes me he is far more worthy of a squad place than the injury prone/often absent for no particular reason Gavin Williams, and we should be looking to keep one of them.

2. Peter Styvar

Ivan Sproule was superb yesterday and was rightly awarded the MOM. Him and Adomah caused problems all afternoon and he is going to be a key player for us this season. He must be retained. Styvar is quite clearly dead wood, and I am no Lee Johnson fan. If he can put in more performances like he did yesterday, I thought he was very good and his set-piece delivery was refeshingly of a good quality. However, time will only tell, and I'm obviously not going to change my opinions on him based on one match. Williams is a decent squad player to have imo and Akinde looks genuinely threatening, he just needs some game time!! Clarkson has made an abysmal start to the season, and if the two new arrivals do sign this week, I'd rather Clarkson was moved on than Akinde. He has one or two moments of brilliance in a game, such as his footwork and pass to Albert for the second goal, but he is just absent for the majority of ther match. He has no body strength whatsoever and is embarrassingly slow. His touch and technique are good, but his overall play suggests he is a luxury we can't afford.

Quite how anyone can be mugging off Sproule after both our and his start to the season is remarkable, like it or not, we NEED him on the right flank.

Sproule deserved MOM yesterday was one of his best starting perfomances for a while, half the people that voted backs that up.

Personally think we may have other options in that position, but between him and haynes they are the best 2 for that position,

Clarkson would also keep.

2. Peter Styvar

Agree with the first 3, definitely not the last 3.

Way to big, too unbalanced and many players will be farmed out on loan or released. Somebody has already posted that we have 10 strikers! Absolutely crazy.

In my opinion, the following players careers at City are finished, sometime this season

Nyatanga

Tom Williams

Styvar

Nicky Hunt

McAllister

Elliott

Clarkson

Gavin Williams

Can't really comment on the following as I don't know enough about them, although I cannot see how they are going to break into the team (Contradiction I know)

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Joe Lennox

Patrick Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Other question marks

James Wilson - Constantly injured

JCR - Mobile, holds the ball, but not sure what the end benefit is. Adomah already looks more threatening, Haynes is yet to come back and Sproule is looking good

Vokes - Loan signing and injured anyway

Yes, 16 players all potentially wasted at City in my opinion

Those that deserve a chance over a prolonged period of games

AKINDE

RIBIERO

ADOMAH - Playing I know, but I hope that continues

talk about over-reactive rubbish!!! only players I'd be letting go out of them would be Styvar and Williams

Sproule deserved MOM yesterday was one of his best starting perfomances for a while, half the people that voted backs that up.

Ivan did well yesterday and was a worthy contender for MOTM, as was Albert, who would have got my vote.

It does seem to me though that you don't necessarily need alot of votes to get the award and Ivan probably has a fan club who vote for him every week.

He has a popularity not merited by his usual contribution IMO, no other explanation for him getting the award at the Millwall game.

Ivan did well yesterday and was a worthy contender for MOTM, as was Albert, who would have got my vote.

It does seem to me though that you don't necessarily need alot of votes to get the award and Ivan probably has a fan club who vote for him every week.

He has a popularity not merited by his usual contribution IMO, no other explanation for him getting the award at the Millwall game.

Currently breeding like rabbits in Co. Tyrone.

2. Peter Styvar

Some I agree some disagree

McAllistar - How has this not been said, to slow time to move on, as much as we need Styvar out me thinks

Gavin - Yes sorry mate but you haven't come on and not providing something different, tough choice as you are such a lovely bloke

Styvar - Just terminate your contract

Akinde - Still too young, he shows lack of experience and know how about the game - maybe one to go as we have 11 strikers

Ivan Sproule - He is everyones first on the list to go but the last couple of games he has learnt to be effective, by January I think we will know where he stands

David Clarkson - Too many strikers, not enough goals sorry mate chopping block

Lee Johnson - Must stay, the few Quality players we actually posses - If anyone wants to argue that I could go all day about this one.

Fontaine - A shock for the block?! Not really for me. POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL he has never come on if anything he is starting to go backwards.

Jackson - I don't know if you are going to come on or be another Plummer, why do we keep bringing in strikers and not playing you, sorry bud!

James Wilson - Are you ever going to appear for city saying that we need you right now mate!

Lewin and Kalifa - Are they going to be average fringe players, I think so!

McAllistar - How has this not been said, to slow time to move on, as much as we need Styvar out me thinks

Been saying it for months.... but we need him as back up not the chop.

Gavin - Yes sorry mate but you haven't come on and not providing something different, tough choice as you are such a lovely bloke

Agreed.

Agreed. Although doubt he would terminate it himself!

Akinde - Still too young, he shows lack of experience and know how about the game - maybe one to go as we have 11 strikers

Loan to Cherries?

Ivan Sproule - He is everyones first on the list to go but the last couple of games he has learnt to be effective, by January I think we will know where he stands

Slight exaggeration, he has a lot of admirers, including me.

Disagree. good back up.

Lee Johnson - Must stay, the few Quality players we actually posses - If anyone wants to argue that I could go all day about this one.

Agree.

Fontaine - A shock for the block?! Not really for me. POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL he has never come on if anything he is starting to go backwards.

Agree.. but need him as back up, for now.

Jackson - I don't know if you are going to come on or be another Plummer, why do we keep bringing in strikers and not playing you, sorry bud!

DON'T KNOW enough to comment.

James Wilson - Are you ever going to appear for city saying that we need you right now mate!

DITTO my above.

LEWIN.. agreed. Kalifa.. just arrived, give him a couple more days!

What Game did you watch yesterday? Sproule deserved his MOM award. He has been one of our best players so far this season. Ok we have a squad of about 30 players but at present 9 of them are injured or are still trying to get fit following injury.

Some I agree some disagree

Macca - Was poor last season, has taken over Brads mantle of club's dodgy defender

Gav - Squad player only, don't want to get rid of everyone

Styvar - Thought he was a practical joke !

Akinde - Showed what he can do in flashes yesterday, doesn't get many chances

Ivan - Typical winger !! I've never known a consistant one at AG

Clarkson - Trundle without the talent

LJ - See "Gav"

Lewin - Good start at the club but has fallen away badly

All these players have their uses, but City have to start being ruthless, and face financial reality. Wwe can't afford such a large squad, and whilst all of the players may have some quality (Can Stuyvar wash shirts?), we have to trim the squad to affordable levels. We should have a core of about 20/ 22 players max., and when we have problems, a pool of Academy players to call upon, or in extreme cases, a loan signing. Once all are fit, we will have Albert, Sproule, Haynes and JCR competing for the right-wing spot, and all 4 competing for the left flank spot as we have nobody there! We have two left backs, neither of whom are much good. Unless we play 3 central defenders I can't see how we can have Stewart and Carey together. And how are Academy players going to get near the first team?

Ivan Sproule was superb yesterday and was rightly awarded the MOM. Him and Adomah caused problems all afternoon and he is going to be a key player for us this season.

Unfortunately experience suggests what will really happen is that he will go back to being ineffective and unable to beat an egg for the next 20 games before he has another stormer.

My definate out list would be:

Styvar - obviously.

Nyatanga - liability.

*Jackson - no chance of getting in with our forward numbers.

*Clarkson - too many strikers to justify keeping an average SPL player with no pace, and too often ineffective.

*Vokes - loan no longer required.

One of Williams or LJ - probably Williams in all fairness.

McAllister - if we sign another LB.

*Subject to arrival of Pitman and Stead.

Archived