IGNORED

Players Must Leave

cityfan

Hopefully we will be able to get some players moved on before the end of the transfer window, but it is not always that easy. Players may be happier here picking up there pay each week rather than playing first team football. I have a feeling that we will have to wait till there contracts are up before we can move them on.

Move on:-

Cisse - didn't get good ratings in midfield at Reading and I'm not sufficiently convinced by Coppell's judgement that he is the answer at cente-half.

Nyatanga - looks as if he should have the potential to do well (as Clayton Fortune did a few seasons back) but he strikes me as someone who is error prone, needs to be a bit more confident to be a dominant centre-half and doesn't seem to learn. Perhaps he could progress under Wrigley.

Gavin Williams - taking up a squad place and perhaps a more consistent and less fragile creative midfield player is needed. If he could produce his performances when played in the middle for City and Yeovil then he's already the answer but it depends if management can bring the best out of him and if he could remain injury free - a couple of big 'ifs'.

Joe Edwards - could be useful but lacks height and the team need more a 'finished article' to compete with Ribeiro.

Jackson - harsh but he will get better chances elsewhere. I'd rather keep Akinde under Millen and Wrigley's guidance telling him to frighten defences by running down the middle as he did on Saturday. Akinde is that 'other club in the bag' player as GJ calls them.

Haynes - to make way for a natural left-sided player. Haynes doesn't score enough goals playing down the middle and with the latest recruits will be down the pecking order then.with Sproule, JCR, Adomah then one of the right-sided players isn't going to get enough games

Styvar - enough said.

Ball, Lennox , Keohane, Hoban - review at end of season.

Bring in :-

1 x full-back, 1 x central defence, 2 x left back, 1 x creative midfield goal-scorer . 1 x left midfield,

Hopefully wrigley will be able to use his knowledge to flag up some good under 24 year olds - preferably the pick from leagues 1 & 2 rather than season loan signings from the Premier League.

He's needed at right-back but Ribeiro has a lot going for him as a defender and attacking force and looks to have the attributes to be a box to box midfielder. He's a classy player and has that bit of extra time on the ball that all the quality players have - he should slot in somewhere in the team (right-back or try him centre midfield) but not as centre-half as some have suggested.

I'd also like to see a top quality chief scout brought in as well. It's false economy not to have one.

Another six players ! This is pure fantasy. We have already added around ten new players to the squad this summer, plus a new manager and assistant. What is needed now, above all else, is a period of stability with the new squad being given time to get to know each other , their strengths and weaknesses, and to build team spirit. We now have a huge squad and should be looking to loan out or move on any not in the basic squad of, say, twenty-three. Then, at the end of the season, we should be looking at signings, in the light of contracts and obvious weaknesses. Additions then should obviously be quality signings and not just players brought in to make up numbers.

i think maynard will go in january[if fit]with our frontline now reinforced i think it will become very competitive to make the starting 11.

Doubt it. He would hardly have played enough for anyone to be interested in getting him straight off of an injury other than if the price was cut heavily.

Archived