Maynard

Haynes

Clarkson

Vokes

Akinde

Stead

Pitman

I would keep Akinde to let him have a

chance and other than that i would keep Maynard, Vokes and the new strikers i guess :/

Would you not keep Haynes? I think he is a great player and is still young.

Those I would like to get rid of now:

McCallister (horrific)

Clarkson (rarely offers anything of use)

Sproule (over a season does not provide many decent games)

Nyatanga (another liability at the back)

Styvar

Vokes (pointless to keep if signing 2 more strikers)

T. Williams (waste of time Coppell signing)

Loan out (when we have no injuries):

Akinde (League 1)

Wilson (League 1)

Edwards (League 2)

Jackson (League 1)

Ball (League 2)

Lennox (League 2)

Players in:

Left Back

Left Wing

Creative CM

Experienced CB

If the above were to happen we would have 2 players capable of covering every position and a more balanced squad. Coppell was very correct when he said the squad was unbalanced and it still is.

Unfortunately experience suggests what will really happen is that he will go back to being ineffective and unable to beat an egg for the next 20 games before he has another stormer.

I see your point but for me we have no one else who I would pick on the right flank ahead of him atm, and whether people like it or not this means it is very likely Sproule

will be a key player this season. On the point you've made, he was very threatening on the break last week, and imo one of our best players. He was undoubtedly brilliant yesterday and was possibly the best player against Millwall, although it's hard to comment on that game as everyone was shit. I didn't go to Southend but he got on the scoresheet and sounded as if he was one of the better performers again.

Now from what I've seen this season, I'd suggest he's going to be more consisitent than he has been in the past, and while he'll most certainly frustrate at times, imo we must keep hold of him, and he's a definite starter for me atm. Obviously as more players return to fitness this may change, and a lot will depend on how he performs in the coming games, but I really feel he can be a decent player for us this season and a team with him and Adomah on the pitch will most certainly cause problems. Not too mention when Haynes returns...

I see your point but for me we have no one else who I would pick on the right flank ahead of him atm, and whether people like it or not this means it is very likely Sproule

I'd pick Adomah on the right ahead of Sproule all day long and probably JCR too myself who is being played out of position.

I don't see why Sproule would suddenly develop a football brain this season after three seasons at this level but I will be genuinely happy to be wrong as his pace is phenomenal.

I'd pick Adomah on the right ahead of Sproule all day long and probably JCR too myself who is being played out of position.

I don't see why Sproule would suddenly develop a football brain this season after three seasons at this level but I will be genuinely happy to be wrong as his pace is phenomenal.

So would you rather have Adomah on the right and JCR on the left or Adomah on the left and Ivan wide right? Because I'd much rather the latter! His distribution has certainly appeared better so far, and contrary to what the linesman thought he kept himself onside for what would have been the fourth goal. I couldn't tell at the time but I've watched the highlights on player and he is clearly onside.

Way to big, too unbalanced and many players will be farmed out on loan or released. Somebody has already posted that we have 10 strikers! Absolutely crazy.

In my opinion, the following players careers at City are finished, sometime this season

Nyatanga

Tom Williams

Styvar

Nicky Hunt - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

McAllister

Elliott

Clarkson

Gavin Williams

Can't really comment on the following as I don't know enough about them, although I cannot see how they are going to break into the team (Contradiction I know)

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Joe Lennox

Patrick Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Other question marks

James Wilson - Constantly injured

JCR - Mobile, holds the ball, but not sure what the end benefit is. Adomah already looks more threatening, Haynes is yet to come back and Sproule is looking good

Vokes - Loan signing and injured anyway

Yes, 16 players all potentially wasted at City in my opinion

Those that deserve a chance over a prolonged period of games

AKINDE

RIBIERO

ADOMAH - Playing I know, but I hope that continues

It is a big squad but over the top imo :disapointed2se: . I think get rid of...

Styvar

JCR

Clarkson

Wilson

T.Williams

Gavin Williams is a good player, we need to play him regularly. Adomah is awesome and Ribs was playing well before getting injured.

So would you rather have Adomah on the right and JCR on the left or Adomah on the left and Ivan wide right? Because I'd much rather the latter! His distribution has certainly appeared better so far, and contrary to what the linesman thought he kept himself onside for what would have been the fourth goal. I couldn't tell at the time but I've watched the highlights on player and he is clearly onside.

I would not play any of those three players on the left because none of them is left footed or comfortable crossing with the left.

I would say they are all right wingers and in terms of effectiveness Albert is a long way in front of the other two and for me JCR is a better footballer.

They are also younger than Sproule so I'd be moving him on ASAP and I'd be signing a left winger not playing someone out of position there.

And on the "goal", I've watched the highlights too and thought he was off slightly though that was more Akinde's fault than anything. He had a good game but I've seen him have a good game a handful of times in three years, no more.

I would not play any of those three players on the left because none of them is left footed or comfortable crossing with the left.

I would say they are all right wingers and in terms of effectiveness Albert is a long way in front of the other two and for me JCR is a better footballer.

They are also younger than Sproule so I'd be moving him on ASAP and I'd be signing a left winger not playing someone out of position there.

Yeah we've been crying out for a left-footed player for a while now, but I was referring to the players we have at the moment. I'd much rather have Sproule playing than JCR, he offers a much more serious threat in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't have JCR in the team. Adomah has made a good start and at 22 is definitely a more important player as he has many years left. However Sproule is only 2 years older than JCR and I think a full back would much rather be playing against JCR.

His inconsistency is obviously a concern but I just feel his threat in comparison to JCR's is huge, and although Ivan's moments of magic may be infrquent, they are at least evident.

Yeah we've been crying out for a left-footed player for a while now, but I was referring to the players we have at the moment. I'd much rather have Sproule playing than JCR, he offers a much more serious threat in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't have JCR in the team. Adomah has made a good start and at 22 is definitely a more important player as he has many years left. However Sproule is only 2 years older than JCR and I think a full back would much rather be playing against JCR.

His inconsistency is obviously a concern but I just feel his threat in comparison to JCR's is huge, and although Ivan's moments of magic may be infrquent, they are at least evident.

I think JCR provides far more reliable service than Sproule except when asked to play in the middle which is the wrong position for him - he out assisted Ivan last season despite being here for only half the time and playing off the left most of that.

Given a run on the right side I would be certain he would produce good service into the box with far more consistency.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I posted something along these lines last week I believe. Our squad is pretty huge especially in comparison to Lansdown's original hope for a squad of 24/25. Now with a couple more coming in too it just keeps growing. We need to get some off the wage bill asap but I think the injury "crisis" is the reason the squad is so big right now. Hopefully we'll try get rid of a few, Campbell-Ryce, Styvar, Williams x2 would do for starters with a few of the younger players heading out on loan.

I'd pick Adomah on right wing over Sproule as well.

Without any doubt.yes.gif

Exit door for nice chap Ivan I'm afrraid, and frankly it's at least a year overdue.

How about a triple swoop from one of Scotland's 'giants' for Sproule, McAllister and Clarkson?devil.gifdunno.gif

Way to big, too unbalanced and many players will be farmed out on loan or released. Somebody has already posted that we have 10 strikers! Absolutely crazy.

In my opinion, the following players careers at City are finished, sometime this season

Nyatanga

Tom Williams

Styvar

Nicky Hunt - YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

McAllister

Elliott

Clarkson

Gavin Williams

Can't really comment on the following as I don't know enough about them, although I cannot see how they are going to break into the team (Contradiction I know)

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Joe Lennox

Patrick Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Other question marks

James Wilson - Constantly injured

JCR - Mobile, holds the ball, but not sure what the end benefit is. Adomah already looks more threatening, Haynes is yet to come back and Sproule is looking good

Vokes - Loan signing and injured anyway

Yes, 16 players all potentially wasted at City in my opinion

Those that deserve a chance over a prolonged period of games

AKINDE

RIBIERO

ADOMAH - Playing I know, but I hope that continues

ELLIOTT???? Your having a bubble bath mate...

You mention Elliott, but dont mention Johnson, or Jackson or Clarkson

ELLIOTT???? Your having a bubble bath mate...

You mention Elliott, but dont mention Johnson, or Jackson or Clarkson

Actually I did mention Clarkson in the first list. Jackson is young and I would keep him. Unless we get a creative midfielder in, how can we get rid of Johnson and to be fair that was more than evident on Saturday.

I just don't think Elliott is the midfield marshall he was some years ago and a midfield of him and Skuse is not going to get us promoted. We will have to see what Kaliffe brings to the table when fit.

As for Ivan whom many have mentioned, he isn't going anywhere. Picked for every game this season so far, he has done very well and will continue to start on the right in my opinion. Much, much more of a threat than JCR

1 good game (and i agree he was good on saturday) in a long time for Johnson and hes better than Elliott??

Agree about the Ivan and JCR comment though.

JCR was non-existent saturday.

Adomah on the left with hopefully 2 new signings up front.

Ivan - RM

Adomah - LM

Elliott - CM

Johnson -CM (after saturdays performance, needs another game and if Skuse isnt fit)

1 good game (and i agree he was good on saturday) in a long time for Johnson and hes better than Elliott??

Agree about the Ivan and JCR comment though.

JCR was non-existent saturday.

Adomah on the left with hopefully 2 new signings up front.

Ivan - RM

Adomah - LM

Elliott - CM

Johnson -CM (after saturdays performance, needs another game and if Skuse isnt fit)

Based on the players we have fully fit at the moment this is definitely the midfield I'd choose. Decent pace on the wings, good distribution from LJ (as I mentioned on another topic, worked well with Sproule on Saturday) and Elliott was much more effective than he has been as well.

For me it's looking like this.

Cover for ten outfield players + 3 keepers. Squad of twenty-three. Keeping the squad small improves team spirit even if sometimes you have to improvise, Cahiill playing up front for Everton, for example.

GK-----James, Gerken, Henderson

RB----Ribeiro, Hunt

LB----McAllister, TWilliams

CB---Carey, Stewart, Fontaine, Cisse (have included him here as JWilson seems to be permanently injured and Nyatanga has diabolical distribution)

RM--Sproule, Haynes

LM---Adomah, JCR (a left footer would be nice but plenty of wide men do well when seemingly on the 'wrong' side).

CM--Skuse, Johnson, Elliott, GWilliams

Str.---Stead, Maynard, Clarkson, Pittman(assuming signings go through).

Basis of a good CCC squad which needs to be patiently improved by attending to the weakest areas first. In order that's LB, CB, CM in my opinion. Probably best to give the squad a chance to settle for a bit now as this twenty-three already includes eight newcomers, plus a new manager and assistant !

As for Ivan whom many have mentioned, he isn't going anywhere. Picked for every game this season so far, he has done very well and will continue to start on the right in my opinion. Much, much more of a threat than JCR

The comparative merits and consistency of Ivan and Campbell - Ryce are very much open to debate.

My view is Ivan is only playing at all because of our injury situation, and he is playing on the right because JCR can contribute more than he can elsewhere.

Millen knows all about just how little Ivan has contributed overall in his 3 years at AG and it's very telling imo that he did not pick him when he had a fuller squad to choose from for the Newcastle match.

We'll find out Millen's true appraisal of Ivan's value to the team, and how he genuinely rates him compared to JCR when we see which one he lets leave AG first.

I'd expect Adomah to nail down the right wing spot, he's far superior to either of them in that position, so it's simply a question of who KM thinks is the better squad player to either play on the left or, if a left winger is signed, or be on the bench.

I highly doubt we'll keep them both so I reckon Ivan will be off, at least I would hope so.

I think JCR provides far more reliable service than Sproule except when asked to play in the middle which is the wrong position for him - he out assisted Ivan last season despite being here for only half the time and playing off the left most of that.

Given a run on the right side I would be certain he would produce good service into the box with far more consistency.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

JCR in the middle is clearly not his favoured position as you've set, and I think that's there for all to see. On the point you've made about assists, that's fair enough, but even though he was only here from January he probably made more starts than Sproule! It is hard to comment as I've not seen JCR on the right I must admit, so perhaps I am being overly critical, but like you've said, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this particular issue.

For me it's looking like this.

Cover for ten outfield players + 3 keepers. Squad of twenty-three. Keeping the squad small improves team spirit even if sometimes you have to improvise, Cahiill playing up front for Everton, for example.

GK-----James, Gerken, Henderson

RB----Ribeiro, Hunt

LB----McAllister, TWilliams

CB---Carey, Stewart, Fontaine, Cisse (have included him here as JWilson seems to be permanently injured and Nyatanga has diabolical distribution)

RM--Sproule, Haynes

LM---Adomah, JCR (a left footer would be nice but plenty of wide men do well when seemingly on the 'wrong' side).

CM--Skuse, Johnson, Elliott, GWilliams, CISSE,

Str.---Stead, Maynard, Clarkson, Pittman(assuming signings go through).

Basis of a good CCC squad which needs to be patiently improved by attending to the weakest areas first. In order that's LB, CB, CM in my opinion. Probably best to give the squad a chance to settle for a bit now as this twenty-three already includes eight newcomers, plus a new manager and assistant !

Id get rid of Gerken, and let young Hendo develop under DJ's wing.

T Williams, dont know him, he's obviously not any better than McAllister.

McAllister, been rather poor for a while. Awful set piece taker

G Williams, can't see him playing much this year, if we keep LJ, and Cisse back in training.

Akinde (loan) young prospect, needs game time, on loan to L1 team

Jackson (loan), same as Akinde.

Styvar, ran out of patience. Get rid asap.

Maybe send the 2 young irish lads out on loan?

Move on:-

Cisse - didn't get good ratings in midfield at Reading and I'm not sufficiently convinced by Coppell's judgement that he is the answer at cente-half.

Nyatanga - looks as if he should have the potential to do well (as Clayton Fortune did a few seasons back) but he strikes me as someone who is error prone, needs to be a bit more confident to be a dominant centre-half and doesn't seem to learn. Perhaps he could progress under Wrigley.

Gavin Williams - taking up a squad place and perhaps a more consistent and less fragile creative midfield player is needed. If he could produce his performances when played in the middle for City and Yeovil then he's already the answer but it depends if management can bring the best out of him and if he could remain injury free - a couple of big 'ifs'.

Joe Edwards - could be useful but lacks height and the team need more a 'finished article' to compete with Ribeiro.

Jackson - harsh but he will get better chances elsewhere. I'd rather keep Akinde under Millen and Wrigley's guidance telling him to frighten defences by running down the middle as he did on Saturday. Akinde is that 'other club in the bag' player as GJ calls them.

Haynes - to make way for a natural left-sided player. Haynes doesn't score enough goals playing down the middle and with the latest recruits will be down the pecking order then.with Sproule, JCR, Adomah then one of the right-sided players isn't going to get enough games

Styvar - enough said.

Ball, Lennox , Keohane, Hoban - review at end of season.

Bring in :-

1 x full-back, 1 x central defence, 2 x left back, 1 x creative midfield goal-scorer . 1 x left midfield,

Hopefully wrigley will be able to use his knowledge to flag up some good under 24 year olds - preferably the pick from leagues 1 & 2 rather than season loan signings from the Premier League.

He's needed at right-back but Ribeiro has a lot going for him as a defender and attacking force and looks to have the attributes to be a box to box midfielder. He's a classy player and has that bit of extra time on the ball that all the quality players have - he should slot in somewhere in the team (right-back or try him centre midfield) but not as centre-half as some have suggested.

I'd also like to see a top quality chief scout brought in as well. It's false economy not to have one.

Id get rid of Gerken, and let young Hendo develop under DJ's wing.

T Williams, dont know him, he's obviously not any better than McAllister.

McAllister, been rather poor for a while. Awful set piece taker

G Williams, can't see him playing much this year, if we keep LJ, and Cisse back in training.

Akinde (loan) young prospect, needs game time, on loan to L1 team

Jackson (loan), same as Akinde.

Styvar, ran out of patience. Get rid asap.

Maybe send the 2 young irish lads out on loan?

I'm certainly not McAllister's biggest fan, but this seems a bit harsh considering it was his cross that set up Stewart's goal against Doncaster, and he scored from a free kick against Southend. Seems like him and LJ are the only decent options for set pieces atm.

Archived