IGNORED

Very Early Days But Looking Very Good....

Mr Mosquito

Yep, here I go again. QPR and Baaadiff will definately be there or there abouts for promotion at the end of the season and so will we. Millen will be the surprise managerial package to the rest of the country but not to us. Millen and Walshy's managerial form at the end of last season tells me we're well up for promotion especially with the 2 new signings to boost our attack. Our upcoming games against Baaadiff and their Bellamy will tell us how good we really are. By the end of next month our defence will be watertight and able to take the good ship BCFC onto promotion. :cool:

Yep, here I go again. QPR and Baaadiff will definately be there or there abouts for promotion at the end of the season and so will we. Millen will be the surprise managerial package to the rest of the country but not to us. Millen and Walshy's managerial form at the end of last season tells me we're well up for promotion especially with the 2 new signings to boost our attack. Our upcoming games against Baaadiff and their Bellamy will tell us how good we really are. By the end of next month our defence will be watertight and able to take the good ship BCFC onto promotion. :cool:

Im taking this as a tongue in cheek thread.....however, if by some crazy chance, it is not.....

....until we strengthen our left side, I still say we will be scrapping about in the bottom 8 or 9. Just like the team on 98/99 we have goals in us, but our back four is shocking. 10 goals in 4 games, 6 at home, and 3 of the away goals coming against a Southend team made up of mis-fits and last minute signings, two leagues below.

We need a left back....desperately!! Personally, I feel Macca can still do a job for us, if we play 4-4-2 at all, he could easily play left midfield. I dont mean as a flying winger, but he has a left foot and could certainly do a decent enough job out there. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my left sided players to be able to play with their left foot.

I still think we need a centre half to.....Stewart for me, isnt good enough. Although to be fair, I should give him more time....its just my opinion at this stage.

Aswell as this, ive said on threads before, we need to employ better coaches. The ones we currently employ clearly can not bring the best out of our players. Our defence have been making the same mistakes the last two years, and our midfield has not developed either.

Still a long way off having a set up that can penetrate the top 6 and stay there

:clapping: Totally agree

Be good to sort defence out, needs to be done asap though...But bring Louis and Ribs back asap, let Hunt and JMc out the squad and happy days :fingerscrossed:

You don't win things with a leaky defence that gets inadequate cover from midfield. Most opposition sides will try and stifle our attack that now looks good, but far from the best in the Championship, and hit on the break, exploiting our defensive frailties. I think a major reality check is needed.

You don't win things with a leaky defence that gets inadequate cover from midfield. Most opposition sides will try and stifle our attack that now looks good, but far from the best in the Championship, and hit on the break, exploiting our defensive frailties. I think a major reality check is needed.

Of course not, Blackpool never succeeded last year leaking goals but scoring more. Oh...

This will be the first full week of training that the team will have had with Wigley too, which will be interesting to see if that has any immediate effect. I would like to see Carey getting back in the side as well, because of his experience I think he will communicate well with DJ and create a better understanding back there.

To be fair with the injurys and the Copout debacle! August has been a nightmare month for us which has transmitted it's self on to the pitch. I feel we can only improve and I have no doubt when the new players settle in Bristol we will see better performances from them.Also any Championship team would miss the number of first teamers we got out.

Lets judge when we are on a level playing field with a full squad to choose from and after Millen and the new lads has had chance to settle in.

Yep, here I go again. QPR and Baaadiff will definately be there or there abouts for promotion at the end of the season and so will we. Millen will be the surprise managerial package to the rest of the country but not to us. Millen and Walshy's managerial form at the end of last season tells me we're well up for promotion especially with the 2 new signings to boost our attack..

By the end of next month our defence will be watertight and able to take the good ship BCFC onto promotion. :cool:

Well said RG.

I was thinking along similair lines although I'm not convinced that Cardiff will feature as they did last season. It won't be long before the novelty of Bellamy wears off and his attitude causes discontent in the squad.

When Millen has a full squad to select from City will become a force. It might take a few more games but I'm convinced that City can go on a run that will shoot us up the table.

Almost all the ingredients are in place and I haven't felt this positive for several seasons.

Well said RG.

I was thinking along similair lines although I'm not convinced that Cardiff will feature as they did last season. It won't be long before the novelty of Bellamy wears off and his attitude causes discontent in the squad.

When Millen has a full squad to select from City will become a force. It might take a few more games but I'm convinced that City can go on a run that will shoot us up the table.

Almost all the ingredients are in place and I haven't felt this positive for several seasons.

anyone want to guess exactly how many seasons?

I share the sentiment RG, but there is still something about this squad that makes me feel nervous, namely the defence. A surge up the table will only come if we can stay watertight at the back and at present I can't see us not conceding in every game. Maybe the re-introduction of Louis will provide much needed stability and I would advocate Tom Williams being given the left back slot as he surely can't be any worse than McAllister is playing at present. If we don't land a left winger in the next seven days, then I would be happy to use Albert out there as he showed some good pace and skill that would serve us well in that position.

Overall I think it will take a another three or four games at least to settle the side and then we will see a surge up the table. I just hope we are in top form when we play Cardiff as I would love it, just love it if we beat them.

Onwards and upwards

I'm not convinced that Cardiff will feature as they did last season. It won't be long before the novelty of Bellamy wears off and his attitude causes discontent in the squad.

This is a joke, surely? If they stay relatively injury free, they will run away with this division. Their squad is the only one in the Championship which has a Premier League look about it.

This is a joke, surely? If they stay relatively injury free, they will run away with this division. Their squad is the only one in the Championship which has a Premier League look about it.

Its the Bellamy factor.

At every club he's been he's become a very disruptive influence and caused friction and bad feeling within the squad. He's fallen out with just about every manager he's worked for. At Newcastle Bellamy fell out big time with Alan Shearer and was sending abusive texts to him. The bloke carries a poison chalice around with him.

As Mourinho once said 'put one bad apple in a box and pretty soon you have box of bad apples'. Applies 100% to Bellamy

Its the Bellamy factor.

At every club he's been he's become a very disruptive influence and caused friction and bad feeling within the squad. He's fallen out with just about every manager he's worked for. At Newcastle Bellamy fell out big time with Alan Shearer and was sending abusive texts to him. The bloke carries a poison chalice around with him.

As Mourinho once said 'put one bad apple in a box and pretty soon you have box of bad apples'. Applies 100% to Bellamy

I dont really follow Cardiff...but wasnt Bellend made captain Saturday?? what must the old captain and his loyal chums made of that!!

I can remember you having the same optimism last year also

Be positive and optimistic and as Palmer (1782-1861) wrote in his 'Teacher's Manual': "Tis a lesson you should heed, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." :farmer:

We didn't quite succeed in gaining promotion in our first season back in the Championship but there's no doubt that Lansdown and Co will try, try and try again for that elusive top flight Bristol City FC berth. :cool:

This will be the first full week of training that the team will have had with Wigley too, which will be interesting to see if that has any immediate effect. I would like to see Carey getting back in the side as well, because of his experience I think he will communicate well with DJ and create a better understanding back there.

4-1 v the Shots suggests we are moving forward with a little help from Wrigley.

Yay its Gobbers!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Im taking this as a tongue in cheek thread.....however, if by some crazy chance, it is not.....

....until we strengthen our left side, I still say we will be scrapping about in the bottom 8 or 9. Just like the team on 98/99 we have goals in us, but our back four is shocking. 10 goals in 4 games, 6 at home, and 3 of the away goals coming against a Southend team made up of mis-fits and last minute signings, two leagues below.

We need a left back....desperately!! Personally, I feel Macca can still do a job for us, if we play 4-4-2 at all, he could easily play left midfield. I dont mean as a flying winger, but he has a left foot and could certainly do a decent enough job out there. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my left sided players to be able to play with their left foot.

I still think we need a centre half to.....Stewart for me, isnt good enough. Although to be fair, I should give him more time....its just my opinion at this stage.

Aswell as this, ive said on threads before, we need to employ better coaches. The ones we currently employ clearly can not bring the best out of our players. Our defence have been making the same mistakes the last two years, and our midfield has not developed either.

Still a long way off having a set up that can penetrate the top 6 and stay there

Some people will never be happy, you cant change an entire team in one season and win promotion, however we are not going to get religated. Give the guy a break and let him enjoy the fact we have one of the best defenders in our division in Cristain Raberio, Liam Fontaine is still only 24 but feels like he should be 34 hes got so much experiance at this level now, cisse can play in the back 4 and then we have still have Stewart, Lewis, Hunt, and Wilson when fit the only person I feel has a bit of an issue are Mcalister lacks pace and Lewin is a little unsure of himself at times.

I have no idea why we have a leftsided problem it will go away with time and people comming back from injury.

Be optimistic and positive and as Palmer (1782-1861) wrote in his 'Teacher's Manual': "Tis a lesson you should heed, try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." m0135.gif

We didn't quite succeed in gaining promotion in our first season back in the Championship but there's no doubt that Steve Lansdown and Co will try, try and try again. :winner_third_h4h:

Up the City

Cardiff are in talks with Wolves in regard to bringing in Andy Keogh on loan. Hopefully this will be for Bothroyd who has been linked with Stoke and Villa.

If Cardiff sign a centre back and a keeper, I think they will walk the league. We could defo sneak a play off place if we can sure up the defence.

Indeed, Baaadiff away in October will represent the benchmark game for us. If we can contain Bellamy and get a result we'll know for sure that we're well up for promotion. Writing of Boothroyd, he was immense in Baaadiff's 0-6 trouncing of us and is a player I would dearly like to sign if I were Keith Millen.

Archived