IGNORED

Loved Players Who Wernt Here That Long

The Batman

Jim Brennan. Ledge for the Blackpool (H) game when he'd only got back from Canada at about 3am or something. Came off the

bench at HT (if memory serves) to inspire us to a win with a fantastic goal plus two assists? I'm sure someone can correct me

if I'm wrong/confused . . .

:city: :city: :city:

What about a certain Mr Keith Millen fair enough he is still here but he only played about 50 games for us. Saying that cant really remember him as a player apart from the day Preston came here the day they went up and there was a big pitch invasion after the game he gave me his boots.

Darren Barnard

Definitely. Quality footballer.

Would also have to agree with whoever added Nicky Morgan. Another class act. Anyone with an inbuilt antipathy to forwards who play with their back to goal, hold the ball and link play should be made to watch every inch of footage that exists of this bloke in action. A superb technical footballer. And you couldn't complain about his scoring record, either. Arguably one of the best finishers I've ever seen at AG. Wasn't here long. but what a player. Signed by Joe Jordan, I think.

While on the subject of Darren Barnard (above) I might have added that there was a long period in the club's history when we had the good fortune to have a succession of quality left backs, of whom he was one. The others were Martin Scott, Jim Brennan and Mickey Bell. We were rather spoilt in that position. McAllister critics will bemoan the fact that he is not in the same class, though I am probably the only bloke left on Otib who still considers that, though currently in poor form, Jamie is actually a decent footballer. Cue torrents of derision.

good player but i was never able to find him on Championship Manager...

If you're playing Championship Manager and not football manager hes playing for reading and u cant put Tony :laugh: Anthony rougier :disapointed2se:

any way my 6 which maybe...couldve...some that did...

1. Mark Robbins

2.Tony Rougier

3.Tony Dinning

4. Craig Fagan

5. Micheal Bridges

6. Paul Hartley

I honestly think Bridges if he was given the chance, he wouldve been a success. Shame home boy Marcus Stewart played i cant even remember them playing alongside each other, might be wrong! But when Bridges did play was very skilful and eye for goal couldve played for England at one point :fastasleep:

What about a certain Mr Keith Millen fair enough he is still here but he only played about 50 games for us. Saying that cant really remember him as a player apart from the day Preston came here the day they went up and there was a big pitch invasion after the game he gave me his boots.

Scored against the gas in a 3-2 win at christmas time one year - thats good enough for me!

Billy Mercer in fairly recent years, great impact on the crowd, regularly named as a mascots favourite player. Agostino and Jacki, two of my favourite players whilst a youngster. Paul Hartley was great last year and agree with those who mention Darren Barnard and Marc Goodfellow. A few players from our fateful Division One season were pretty good, Testimitanu, Vilmos Sebok and my favourite Soren Anderson.

Jevon and Enoch in our promotion season stand out in recent times along with Wayne Andrews for his winner up at Blackpool.

Going back I agree with Paul Allen. I met him up at White Hart Lane about 2 seasons ago where he does the hospitality and he spoke very fondly about his time down here and said he was gutted that his loan ended a week before the derby.

Jacki

Goal King Cole

Ivan Testimetanu (sp???)

Hartley (the only recent eligible player who's really lit my fire)

Dave Smith

Galliers

Fleck (goal versus Swindle in the rain, his first in 18 months or so, he nearly cried!!!)

Mark Aizlewood

Glenn Humphries

Stuart Munro

John Bailey

Jim Brennan

Mark Gavin

AND FORGOT THIS LITTLE BEAUTY - SIEB DYKSTRA (GK we got from Hearts i think on a season long loan...giant of a bloke and a gert big kick on him)

Oh yeah i remember that game a couple days before christmas think rovers scored first quite early in the game.

:laugh:, remember watching that on Sky at my mate's house, he's an Arsenal fan and up till then had no idea what a Bristol derby "meant"...he does now!!!!!!!

Good shout on Ago, quality player...

Archived