IGNORED

Loved Players Who Wernt Here That Long

The Batman

I noted some one mentioned Dean Horrix..Bless him...I saw him once in a 3-1 home defeat to Tranmere in 85, what a tragedy!

Other 'Loved' players who were not here long

Fleck

Robins

Bas Savage...

Louie Donawa just for that goal in the last minute against the gas...Irene never shut up so fast

Martyn Hurst...Goal against the gas in FA Cup tie...fandabidozie

and all of the team that played against Fulham in 82!!!

I noted some one mentioned Dean Horrix..Bless him...I saw him once in a 3-1 home defeat to Tranmere in 85, what a tragedy!

Other 'Loved' players who were not here long

Fleck

Robins

Bas Savage...

Louie Donawa just for that goal in the last minute against the gas...Irene never shut up so fast

Martyn Hurst...Goal against the gas in FA Cup tie...fandabidozie

and all of the team that played against Fulham in 82!!!

i didnt think dean horrix played for us? i know we signed him but died in a car crash before he played a game?... maybe i have memory loss. i remember some flowers being placed at the open end. RIP dean

Paul Wimbleton. Great hair.

Talk of great left backs earlier in the thread, and John Bailey wasnt mentioned....!

Adam Locke hasnt been mentioned either. Did a great job for us, and didnt cost very much.

We also had some dire right backs who weren't at the club very long - Marvin Harriott, Brian Mitchell and Gus Caesar come to mind.

i didnt think dean horrix played for us? i know we signed him but died in a car crash before he played a game?... maybe i have memory loss. i remember some flowers being placed at the open end. RIP dean

He played 3 games for us, and was killed a couple of days before a City away game (Blackpool). I think the game still went ahead and we won?

He played 3 games for us, and was killed a couple of days before a City away game (Blackpool). I think the game still went ahead and we won?

well thats it then, natch should come with a warning about memory loss....

on a serious note i genuinely cant remember him playing a game for us but if it is the case that game really should of been called off...

your right mate, just done wiki....

Dean Horrix (21 November 1961 – 11 March 1990), was an English footballer.

He joined Millwall as a striker and made 65 league appearances plus 7 as substitute, scoring 19 goals. He was sold to Gillingham in 1983 and joined Reading later the same year. He formed a successful striking partnership with Trevor Senior and was very popular with the fans. He was part of the team that won the Simod Cup (sponsored name of the Full Members Cup) in 1988, then rejoined Millwall in 1988, but did not get many first-team opportunities.

Horrix was sold to Bristol City in March 1990, but died the following week in a car crash in Berkshire. He had played just three games for the club and was still living in the Tadley area.[1]

His wife Carol was driving the car but survived.

I thought he died the day we beat Shrewsbury at Gay Meadow with a late Dave Smith goal. While the rest of the team went home on the coach he travelled 'home' by car.

Still, a tragedy as you say.

3.Tony Dinning

Wouldn't agree with that after how terrible he was the moment he signed permanently.

Heywood anyone? Played barely a season for us, less than that really, but was a decent league one defender, slow as anything but a tower and rarely let us down.

I thought he died the day we beat Shrewsbury at Gay Meadow with a late Dave Smith goal. While the rest of the team went home on the coach he travelled 'home' by car.

Still, a tragedy as you say.

Wikipedia says he died on 11th March 1990. As you say, this was the day after we won away at Shrewsbury, and 3 days before we won 3-1 away at Blackpool. So I suppose we were both right.

As I remember, his wife was driving and so DH was a front seat passenger, and she crashed into a lamppost? Tragic, and his City career had barely started. Had we had him available when Super Bob did his hamstring, we could have gone on and won the league.

Anyone got any memories of Dean playing for City (sorry to hijack the thread!) - Never saw him play, and I suppose that goes for the majority of us....?

Adam locke is a good shout, played some great stuff in his time with us, and scored afew cracking goals if I remember rightly. Remember one up at burnley the day after our promotion was confirmed, a beauty from about 30 yards out which was disallowed for offside, impossible I know, but then that was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen, burnley needed the win to help them stay up, and he gave them absolutely everything, and robbed locke of an amazing goal.

Steve Jones I think the dirtiest player ever to put on a City shirt.

As a kid I always wondered why City never had dirty players like him. I was so pleased that Evil Clueless signed him as finally City had a real evil player.

p.s. Where did he get that tan?

Louie Donowa (mainly for the goal against the gas)

Jeez that stirred some memories up in the old brain cells.

I was with a schoolmate, last minute wasn't it? We were all over them but just couldn't score all game.

Fk me it was great going to school the next day.

Anyone who went to school during the 1990s in Downend or Mangotsfield like I did will know what sheer hell was like when we lost and being able to dish it out as part of the red minority when we won.

One of the reasons it's a shame the Gas are as shite as they are. A whole generation are missing out on what that was like.

Archived