IGNORED

Akinde To Rovers On Loan

View from the Dolman

RELAX , they will be paying some of his wages so that helps us out

If he goes there and dont score many and they send him back , at least he hasn't helped them and we know he is not going to make it

If he goes there and bangs in a load we can get him back in January with a new found confidence and mess there season up into the bargain !!!

Cant lose on this one me thinks !!

He could have scored 4 or 5 vital goals by January which might save them from a relegation dogfight.

It wouldn't prove he was good enough for us.

There is no excuse for ever helping the gas, certainly not paying 'part' of his wages.banghead.gif

They can keep him if he wants to go there, I liked Akinde but I don't want him back, damaged goods now.

Most stupid thing I've ever read. What happened to all the talk of "he's got potential, room for improvement.. Etc" I hope he scores ten goals, and comes back a better player. He wont mind, because he just aint up to Championship and I would even say League 1 standard.

I somehow think if he scores 20 by the end of jan he will be helping them end no end. Disgrace.

If he scores 20 by the end of Jan , he will probably be in the England Squad :englandsmile4wf:

Never gonna happen , no one would mind if he went to Bath or FGR surely them lot are no different.....are they ?? :whistle2:

WTF. Im sorry but as childish as this may seem why the **** have we helped them out? Would they do the same for us? would they ****!

Shocking decision by Millen, if it was simply to get game time at league one level then there were tons of other clubs that would have taken Akinde on im sure.

They can keep him if he wants to go there, I liked Akinde but I don't want him back, damaged goods now.

I tend to agree.

I like Akinde as well even if I don't actually think he's Championship standard.

Does Akinde not realise that Rovers hate BCFC and it's the worst possible move he could have made?

In essence, even if Millen put the move to him couldn't Akinde just have told Trollope where to go?dunno.gif

Totally agree. How Akinde will be happy to come back in January and fight for his place in a CITY shirt after playing for them is beyond me.

• Admin

Totally agree. How Akinde will be happy to come back in January and fight for his place in a CITY shirt after playing for them is beyond me.

<puts on rational head> Probably because he isn't from Bristol and is trying his best to maximise his career potentail - who can blame him for that <takes off rational head>

<puts on city fan head> Surely Exeter or Yeovil, Newport or any else, I'll begrudge him every goal he scores for them <puts on muddled head>

Ridiculous decision. If we want to loan him out then fine, but anywhere but there! Why the f ** k are we helping them out?! I don't like this one bit. Apart from the fact he's done all he can possibly do in the brief amount of time he's been on the pitch this season, and was a different option to what we have, we now loan him to Rovers. Unbelievable. In no way is this Akinde's fault though. He needs games and we've clearly showed we don't value him by banging on about how we NEED strikers all summer, so clearly he'll go wherever he can.

Was there really not any other club he could have made the move to though?! I wonder if they rang us or we offered him to them, have a horrible feeling it may be the latter...

i seem to be on my own here but it seems a good move for all parties. akinde gets first team football without having to relocate and city can evaluate his progress easily. i would prefer it wasnt rovers but i'd rather he goes there than somewhere like carlisle.

We don't want it to be good for ALL parties though, not when Rovers are involved.doh.gif

Guest Old East End Skinhead

Why the **** are we helping them out?

EXACTLY !

BLOODY HELL MILLEN !(WHO ARE YOU - PULIS IN DISGUISE!!?)

COULDN'T YOU GIVE THEM MacALLISTER AND SEND AKINDE ELSEWHERE TO LEARN THE TRADE? ALL HE'LL LEARN AT ROVERS IS WHOOOOOOSH!

I HOPE HE MANAGES TO SCORE AN OWN GOAL IN EVERY GAME, GET HIMSELF SENT OFF OR INJURE ONE OR TWO OF HIS TEAM MATES.

Lazy bastard just doesn't want to drive to Cheltenham.

He will soon be back once he realises he has to buy his own kit, pay subs and provide his own Gatorade, cheeky tramp bastards.

How do you know this?! You're forgetting Akinde is not a Bristol City fan like us. He is a young footballer who needs games to improve, it's his career, he'll take games wherever he can get them. How on earth anyone can be angry at Akinde is beyond me, it's the Club I'm annoyed at for making such an absurd decision. We're now in a position where deep down, we'd probably rather our striker did shit than score goals, and that's just a ludicrous scenario.

How do you know this?! You're forgetting Akinde is not a Bristol City fan like us. He is a young footballer who needs games to improve, it's his career, he'll take games wherever he can get them. How on earth anyone can be angry at Akinde is beyond me, it's the Club I'm annoyed at for making such an absurd decision. We're now in a position where deep down, we'd probably rather our striker did shit than score goals, and that's just a ludicrous scenario.

It was a joke, it's not his fault, still don't want him back though.

And to any gasheads reading this, no we won't swap him for two truck loads of heather, cold cash (inflated value).

Archived