IGNORED

Akinde To Rovers On Loan

View from the Dolman

Totally agree. How Akinde will be happy to come back in January and fight for his place in a CITY shirt after playing for them is beyond me.

Seeing as Akinde has no ties to either club other than he now turns up for training every day with them, not us, and has to play on that mudbath, I would have thought he'd manage just fine.

to be honest, don't rate the kid. another duff Johnson forward signing of which there was many.

where he goes, not bothered as long as we get a transfer fee or a decent sell on clause doesn't matter to me where he goes.

personally, I find it comical that Rovers are DELIGHTED to get our 6th choice forward and if nothing else shows the gulf in quality between the two clubs.

Gotta be honest, i've read all the comments so far, and although we haven't played the gas in ages, they are still BRISTOL ROVERS....our local and bitter rivals. I for one, do not welcome this move.

Someone said about maybe other clubs weren't interested??really?i doubt the likes of Exeter, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Brentford, Yeovil etc etc would of turned down a fast, young and strong player on loan if we offered it to them, which i think is the case here. I don't believe Rovers came in for him, i think we offered him out, because its apparently the 'easy' option to send him to the sagheads....

Now we're left in a position (if your in the majority who DO class rovers as rivals) that our very own player is wearing the blue and white rags, playing for them, trying to SCORE and HELP them.... Yet at the same time, we want him to do well??no, i don't see how we can benefit from this, the only benefit is if, as someone else said, rovers lose 7-3 with JA scoring all 3.

Bad move.

Personally I dont blame big John. He is not from Bristol, he is a professional footballer who just wants to play first team football which with our signings this week becomes very doubtful with ourselves at present?

No, like a lot of others its just WHO we have loaned him to that sticks with me??? Does our new management team not know that the other lot that play up on Horfield Common our not our freindly neighbours..................

Personally I would not loan them my garden hose pipe to extinguish their bonfire if they could ever afford enough money to buy a can of petrol (legally) to get the thing started in the first place???

Akinde is now "used and soiled" goods - End of

As for Millen and co. just WHAT the hell do you think you are doing??? Yes give the lad experience, but, if you are that hard up for a "club" (and I use the word extremely advisedly) surely Scotty Murray would have given Big John a lift to Twerton every day - 'Bout the same standard!!!

A sad day for the Red Half of Bristol in my humble opinion.

Just ask yourself one question? "Would they ever have helped us???" Would they F......................

Am I the only one here who isn't that bothered by this move? Rovers are nothing to us now, a small team that do well to come mid table League One, so if Akinde goes there, gets some games and goals, then we will benefit and who cares if they do - they are a mid table team and I highly doubt whether his goals will save them from relegation or send them up - the most they might do is make them finish 11th not 14th.

It makes sense for the club, and means we can monitor his progress very easily. I for one hopes Akinde does well, and he comes back a better player, who gives a shite about the Gas, they are nothing!

Well said.

On the one hand, Big john will get 1st team football which should benefit us in the long term, and we get someone else to pay a chunk of the wages of a player that is highly unlikely to get any 1st team football with us anytime soon.

On the other hand, there is no excuse for helping out the Blue Few in any shape, way or form.

Personally, im not sure what to think, but JA cant really be blamed as far as I can see.

On the one hand, Big john will get 1st team football which should benefit us in the long term, and we get someone else to pay a chunk of the wages of a player that is highly unlikely to get any 1st team football with us anytime soon.

On the other hand, there is no excuse for helping out the Blue Few in any shape, way or form.

Personally, im not sure what to think, but JA cant really be blamed as far as I can see.

This. Is a double-edged sword as someone said, far an ideal move as it's Rovers but JA will get experience whatever.

Guest Cassio

This is my first post! Hi everyone...

In the past i've only used this site to get news and expert opinion (you guys are more expert than the so called 'professional' local journo's) but this Akinde scandal has made me sign up.

I just want to say, everything executedwolf said is totally spot on. He is a proper City fan, unlike all the people defending Millen & Akinde. If Akinde was a loyal City boy through & through, he would rather have his legs cut off than play for the scum. He is a traitor and unfit to wear the City shirt ever again. How can he wear the shirt ever again....he's only a poor little gashead!

Unless the loan gets cancelled or Akinde is sold, I honestly think this is the beginning of the end for Millen.

You'll probably hate me for saying that, but thats my opinion as a loyal life-long City fan.

AKINDE OUT!

Guest monty37

In the past i've only used this site to get news and expert opinion (you guys are more expert than the so called 'professional' local journo's) but this Akinde scandal has made me sign up.

I just want to say, everything executedwolf said is totally spot on. He is a proper City fan, unlike all the people defending Millen & Akinde. If Akinde was a loyal City boy through & through, he would rather have his legs cut off than play for the scum. He is a traitor and unfit to wear the City shirt ever again. How can he wear the shirt ever again....he's only a poor little gashead!

Unless the loan gets cancelled or Akinde is sold, I honestly think this is the beginning of the end for Millen.

You'll probably hate me for saying that, but thats my opinion as a loyal life-long City fan.

AKINDE OUT!

CORRECT, THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR COMMENT, YOU ARE SPOT ON, TRUE BRISTOL CITY FAN,

Personally, i think this is a very bad decision by KM. One I believe will come back to haunt him one way or another.

not sure if it will come back to haunt him but judging by alot of the posts on this thread he has pissed off quite a few of us.

some things in life you just dont do and this is one of them.

AKINDE OUT!

Welcome to the forum chum, hope to see you posting regulary.

Passion, pride, belief.

Unless the loan gets cancelled or Akinde is sold, I honestly think this is the beginning of the end for Millen

WHAT!? I mean seriously what?

I can't help but feel people are over reacting here, and to say it's the beginning of the end for Milly because he sends someone who is just going to be a bit part as it stands this season is frankly ridiculous.

What's with all the hatred, the sags aren't competing with us, and if it keeps Akinde fit, who cares?

AKINDE OUT!

Funniest first post ever.

'the beginning of the end for Millen' - well, yes, I'll give you that - although you could say that his first day in charge of the first team was the beginning of the end, seeing as everyday he is manager is one day closer to the day he eventually leaves.

He's off to play for a lower league team that we haven't played in the League for about 10 years. I hope it works out for him.

However much I try, I cannot summon up the slighest shred of annoyance or bad feeling towards him or our management. I feel slightly sorry for those who do.

I have much more interest in tomorrows match at Portman Road - I've tried again , no still can't get worked up about this!

Well lets hope that Vokes is back asap and that Stead doesn't get injured, because unless we decide to start playing football like Arsenal, we will have no target man type (recognised?) player.

I can see Akinde doing really well at the Gas. Such a shame because I could see lots of good attributes in his game. He could have been a really good player for us.

Gotta be honest, i've read all the comments so far, and although we haven't played the gas in ages, they are still BRISTOL ROVERS....our local and bitter rivals. I for one, do not welcome this move.

Someone said about maybe other clubs weren't interested??really?i doubt the likes of Exeter, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Brentford, Yeovil etc etc would of turned down a fast, young and strong player on loan if we offered it to them, which i think is the case here. I don't believe Rovers came in for him, i think we offered him out, because its apparently the 'easy' option to send him to the sagheads....

Now we're left in a position (if your in the majority who DO class rovers as rivals) that our very own player is wearing the blue and white rags, playing for them, trying to SCORE and HELP them.... Yet at the same time, we want him to do well??no, i don't see how we can benefit from this, the only benefit is if, as someone else said, rovers lose 7-3 with JA scoring all 3.

Bad move.

It was me who said maybe the other clubs weren't interested. You say 'really?!' - Yes. Really. I said that MAYBE the other clubs weren't interested in signing him, and I stand by that. Because I don't know either way. Do you?

You said you don't believe Rovers came in for him we offered him to them. Source for that?

Chances are, this move comes down to money and a lot of lower-league clubs won't be able to contriblute to his wages and pay for his accommodation, coupled with the fact the player might be a bit naused off with having to ply his trade in a different parts of the country - maybe he's just bought a house or has a missus he wants to stay with? Who knows.

What we do know, is that the player will get valuable first-team action and he'll have more league experience when he comes back - if he comes back - as I don't (personally) think he's good enough for this level. So if he can shine in League One there is a chance of the club getting some cash for him.

Lazy bastard just doesn't want to drive to Cheltenham.

He will soon be back once he realises he has to buy his own kit, pay subs and provide his own Gatorade, cheeky tramp bastards.

This post is simply outrageous,there is no way that we are cheeky.

It was me who said maybe the other clubs weren't interested. You say 'really?!' - Yes. Really. I said that MAYBE the other clubs weren't interested in signing him, and I stand by that. Because I don't know either way. Do you?

You said you don't believe Rovers came in for him we offered him to them. Source for that?

Chances are, this move comes down to money and a lot of lower-league clubs won't be able to contriblute to his wages and pay for his accommodation, coupled with the fact the player might be a bit naused off with having to ply his trade in a different parts of the country - maybe he's just bought a house or has a missus he wants to stay with? Who knows.

What we do know, is that the player will get valuable first-team action and he'll have more league experience when he comes back - if he comes back - as I don't (personally) think he's good enough for this level. So if he can shine in League One there is a chance of the club getting some cash for him.

Rob,

You've just madea fundemental mistake. You've allowed logical common sense to get i the way of small minded bigotry.

Rob,

You've just madea fundemental mistake. You've allowed logical common sense to get i the way of small minded bigotry.

Bigotry is a ridiculous word to use in this context and devalues your post.

There is a natural rivalry between the 2 Bristol clubs which dictates that neither does the other any favours.

Rovers have never done us one to my knowledge, in fact they were ready and waiting to dance on our grave in '82.

If you really can't understand the exasperation felt by many on here to today's Akinde news then either you didn't grow up in Bristol, or you left our fair city a long time ago.

This thread shows how fickle our fans are!

Plan is, Akinde gets some games, improves as a player and city can only benefit from that..... games is just what akinde needs

who cares if rovers benefit in the short term from this

Look at the bigger picture. We're lending our 6th choice striker to play in there first team! there pretty much irrelevant!

Also, you cant blame akinde for going... he's not a bristol lad!

Source?why would i need a source when i said I (me,no one else, just my THOUGHTS/OPINION) believe we offered him to them. I also don't believe the sags will be paying much percentage of his wage. Hope i don't need a source for this comment aswell?? Yeovil isn't exactly a 'different part of the country' though is it?nor is Exeter, they're both relatively local, so why could we not send him there?Anywhere but Rovers IN MY OPINION(something that is almost frowned upon on these forums nowadays....)

Bigotry is a ridiculous word to use in this context and devalues your post.

There is a natural rivalry between the 2 Bristol clubs which dictates that neither does the other any favours.

Rovers have never done us one to my knowledge, in fact they were ready and waiting to dance on our grave in '82.

If you really can't understand the exasperation felt by many on here to today's Akinde news then either you didn't grow up in Bristol, or you left our fair city a long time ago.

So you're saying Rovers DIDN'T loan us Aiden McAffery in 1982 when we were stuggling to field 11 players?

Are you sure you grew up in Bristol? Or did you leave my fair city a long time ago?

Archived