IGNORED

Akinde To Rovers On Loan

View from the Dolman

How do you know this?! You're forgetting Akinde is not a Bristol City fan like us. He is a young footballer who needs games to improve, it's his career, he'll take games wherever he can get them. How on earth anyone can be angry at Akinde is beyond me, it's the Club I'm annoyed at for making such an absurd decision. We're now in a position where deep down, we'd probably rather our striker did shit than score goals, and that's just a ludicrous scenario.

It was a joke, it's not his fault, still don't want him back though.

And to any gasheads reading this, no we won't swap him for two truck loads of heather, cold cash (inflated value).

It was a joke, it's not his fault, still don't want him back though.

And to any gasheads reading this, no we won't swap him for two truck loads of heather, cold cash (inflated value).

Oh right. See it's a weird situation, because he won't have done anything wrong from a professional point of view, but there's something that just won't sit right with him coming back into our squad. I'd imagine they'll just sign him in January tbh, got an annoying feeling he'll do quite well...

95% of their forum are loving big John!

Shows what a disgraceful error of judgement it is by BCFC - the fact Akinde's move is making Rovers fans happy pees me off even more.ranting.gif

What is Millen thinking of, I thought he said he understood BCFC and the fans?

95% of their forum are loving big John!

Oh and laughing their arses off at you lot kicking off!!

That's because they know their place now as a feeder club.

Still not happy, I don't blame Akinde, he's not Bristolian and he's not going to get a look in now we've signed 2 but he could have gone to the likes of Yeovil, Wycombe, Aldershot or Exeter instead.

No way will those ground thieves be paying much of his wages, either...

Though Im one out of a few who have their head on straight. Even I cannot understand this. No problem with him going out on loan for experience. But why not to Yeovil, Exeter, etc? Should never allow to loan players to your rival's you hate. I think this could be a permament move for Akinde now.

Also I dont think he will do that well, Im sure he will not do well. I hope he does ofcourse for the experience and to prove to us he is useful afterall but. But dont sweat guys its Rovers, they cant play football :laugh:

Guest monty37

OUR CLUB IS GETTING A JOKE! ONE OF ARE GOOD PROSPECTS GOING TO ARE RIVELS ON LOAN THEN COULD BE COMING BACK AND PLAYING FOR US!!! YOU WOULD NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS IN LIVERPOOL/MANCHESTER,

I am happy John is getting games, not that delighted it is with the Gas, if he is successful in getting Rovers into a play-off place we are going to have egg on our face. Why help you main rivals.

Surely:-

Brentford,

Wycombe

Exeter,

Aldershot,

Yeovil

Cheltenham

Swindon

would have been better choices.

so were helping local, shi*ty football clubs now then are we??

Ok then Keith, any chance I could get a couple of players on loan for my Sunday team? we playat Frys, im happy to waive the £5 subs but they will have to wash their own kits and make there own way to games. Oh, and they will be be expected to do a mucky pint atthe first gme as a "welcome"

Seriously though, not happy at all with this. Can you imagine Man U lending their young Mexican striker to Man City, just wouldnt happen.

Err... All this talk suggesting he should have gone to Yeovil, Cheltenham, Exeter and anywhere else.... Were these clubs interested in taking him?

Who cares where he goes, Rovers or anywhere for that matter. He won't get games with us, is costing SL money every week and won't develop as a player.

Send him to a club who are desperate for our 6th choice striker and see if they can sending him back a better player.

Of course, it would be amusing if he goes there is successful and then can't afford to sign him permanently.

Shows what a disgraceful error of judgement it is by BCFC - the fact Akinde's move is making Rovers fans happy pees me off even more.ranting.gif

What is Millen thinking of, I thought he said he understood BCFC and the fans?

Am I the only one here who isn't that bothered by this move? Rovers are nothing to us now, a small team that do well to come mid table League One, so if Akinde goes there, gets some games and goals, then we will benefit and who cares if they do - they are a mid table team and I highly doubt whether his goals will save them from relegation or send them up - the most they might do is make them finish 11th not 14th.

It makes sense for the club, and means we can monitor his progress very easily. I for one hopes Akinde does well, and he comes back a better player, who gives a shite about the Gas, they are nothing!

BRISTOL FOOTBALL CLUB ARE TAKING THE P.... OUT OF US. WE DO NOT WANT HIM BACK!

Parochialism is the word. I'm really not bothered. I'm interested in the progress of Bristol City. Let's leave behind such narrow-mindedness and focus on doing what's best for City.

One of these is an intelligent, sensible response made by an adult, the other one...erm.......isn't. Can you guess which is which?

Am I the only one here who isn't that bothered by this move? Rovers are nothing to us now, a small team that do well to come mid table League One, so if Akinde goes there, gets some games and goals, then we will benefit and who cares if they do - they are a mid table team and I highly doubt whether his goals will save them from relegation or send them up - the most they might do is make them finish 11th not 14th.

It makes sense for the club, and means we can monitor his progress very easily. I for one hopes Akinde does well, and he comes back a better player, who gives a shite about the Gas, they are nothing!

Nope I don't mind either. It's a good move for John.

Am I the only one here who isn't that bothered by this move?

Nope, perfectly sensible move to let a young fringe player go to "nursery club" in a lower league.

Someone mentioned the idea of a swap deal with a left back and I wouldn't mind Sawyer back. Decent tackler, I was a bit disappointed when Coppel let him go.

Parochialism is the word. I'm really not bothered. I'm interested in the progress of Bristol City. Let's leave behind such narrow-mindedness and focus on doing what's best for City.

Nothing to do with being parochial.

It's not narrow minded, it's rivalry.

We're fans of Bristol City F.C., and disliking ( intensely) Bristol Rovers comes with the territory, and always has.

"Doing what's best for City", as you put it, does not, and could never, include helping out our city rivals.

Not caring about the possibility of helping the gas to be successful, as seems to be the case with you, seems entirely unnatural for a Bristol City fan to me.

Like most on here I can't stand them and find this a bewildering move by our club.

OUR CLUB IS GETTING A JOKE! ONE OF ARE GOOD PROSPECTS GOING TO ARE RIVELS ON LOAN THEN COULD BE COMING BACK AND PLAYING FOR US!!! YOU WOULD NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS IN LIVERPOOL/MANCHESTER,

He wil never make it as a championship level footballer, as I have said before, he is no better than Damian Spencer or Kay Odejayi, both of whom we let go and have proved to have limited ability.

He's big strong and fast, so what? So is Usain Bolt but he will never become a football player either.

Nothing to do with being parochial.

It's not narrow minded, it's rivalry.

We're fans of Bristol City F.C., and disliking ( intensely) Bristol Rovers comes with the territory, and always has.

"Doing what's best for City", as you put it, does not, and could never, include helping out our city rivals.

Not caring about the possibly of helping the gas to be successful, as seems to be the case with you, seems entirely unnatural for a Bristol City fan to me.

Like most on here I can't stand them and find this a bewildering move by our club.

What can I say? I disagree. I want to see Bristol put on the footballing map - not a place treated with disdain by northerners and cockneys. Worrying about Rovers reminds me of the dark, depressing days, when, in all honesty, the only thing we had to look forward to was playing Rovers.

I like to think we've moved on from then. Hope I'm not wrong.

Guest monty37

One of these is an intelligent, sensible response made by an adult, the other one...erm.......isn't. Can you guess which is which?

This is y we will never be a prem team, we are not passionate in bristol for are football. like i said you would not get away with loaning liverpool players to manchester utd, to the person who put the above, answer this y didnt lansdown give kieth millen the job back in may?

Archived