IGNORED

Some One Has Stolen My Subbuteo Players Photo's

Never to the dark side

In the sun newspaper today,they are showing a story from the Swindon advertiser that shows the Southampton v Swindon with SUBBUTEO players.

They are showing these Subbuteo items,because southampton won't allow any one to take pictures at St Marys unless they are the official ones.

Have I got a case for taking out an junction against the Sun or the Swindon advertiser for pinching my idea?

Your cheque is in the post Dark Side.

There cannot be many more whacky ways of getting around this ridiculous banning of photographers at St. Mary's.

Plymouth drew pictures, Bournemouth used images from a fixture from the 1980's, Swindon used subbuteo. I image they'll be a 'phoenix from the flames' effort.

Hmm,

In the sun newspaper today,they are showing a story from the Swindon advertiser that shows the Southampton v Swindon with SUBBUTEO players.

They are showing these Subbuteo items,because southampton won't allow any one to take pictures at St Marys unless they are the official ones.

Have I got a case for taking out an junction against the Sun or the Swindon advertiser for pinching my idea?

Hmm, remind me where you got the idea from? :flowers:

Shameless plagiarism :disapointed2se:

Gotta go one better mate, next time do a stop start frame by frame whatever is called and move the players ' just a tiny amount' then take another shot, then move the players 'just a tiny amount' and turn it into a MPEG or something, i dunno.. some smart ass geek can probably do it I expect. It would be cool.

First we gotta score the goals

secondly it will only be away games

thirdly most saturday away games start at 6am for me and I'm burnt out by the time I get back at 9pm ish and its difficult to start doing decent Subbuteo photo's

Fourthly I have to get the home teams football strip to make it look good

Never should have sold the QPR/Reading subbuteo kit

S****horpes kit is a mixture of Claret and or burgundy

Lets see what happens next week

First we gotta score the goals

secondly it will only be away games

thirdly most saturday away games start at 6am for me and I'm burnt out by the time I get back at 9pm ish and its difficult to start doing decent Subbuteo photo's

Fourthly I have to get the home teams football strip to make it look good

Never should have sold the QPR/Reading subbuteo kit

S****horpes kit is a mixture of Claret and or burgundy

Lets see what happens next week

Your subbuteo shots are always appreciated.

worship2.gif

Shameless plagiarism :disapointed2se:

Gotta go one better mate, next time do a stop start frame by frame whatever is called and move the players ' just a tiny amount' then take another shot, then move the players 'just a tiny amount' and turn it into a MPEG or something, i dunno.. some smart ass geek can probably do it I expect. It would be cool.

anyone fancy a pint?

Yeah, go on...

Rich........ The Girlfriend (Still) Supports City...... so good to see you are still on here..... must be a damn good girlfriend!

All the best from Dorset & best wishes to you both :)

There is a little bit of Dorset that is forever Charlie 'Poole Town' In ya

'Up The City!' as my dear old 'Nan Bristol' used to say but we now say down here in Dorset

Is it just me, or is the idea of re-creating football matches using toys more than a bit riduculous ?

OK I know it's a man thing (and I confess I had a train set as a kid) but this thread is simply BIZARRE

Is it just me, or is the idea of re-creating football matches using toys more than a bit riduculous ?

OK I know it's a man thing (and I confess I had a train set as a kid) but this thread is simply BIZARRE

It probably is just you.

I'm looking forward to Ted's next action packed recreation.

Fingers crossed it's a goalmouth scramble.

It's all a bit of fun and escapism from our daily lives. In saying that, there are Professional Subbuteo players on the continent, which is sheer madness. But over there, it's seen as a serious 'Sport' and Cool, rather than seen as a childs game, like it is over here.

Can anyone remember the 'cartoon' like drawings that used to appear in comics and Newspapers detailing goals scored? They were more fun than the actual photo's.

Subbuteo was very popular when I was growing up a zillion years ago and am glad to see it's still going strong. For those that think it bizarre you're not even close - it represented a whole alternative reality.

Other than replica players you could buy stands, foodlights, television cameras and even a pitch invading dog. (My own real dog once invaded the pitch and in a carnage ensued, many players perishing).

I can even remember seeing a team for sale bearing orange shirts and white shorts. The box said 'Blackpool or Holland'.

Proudest moment in my own subbuteo playing career was winning a school tournament in which around 50 kids took part. Final victory was achieved with my team of Hollywood All Stars defeating Don Revie's Leeds United 1-0 in a tense final, Sophie Loren grabbing the late winner.

Happy days!

It looks even more amazing in the flesh so to speak. I know it looks real Geaky, but in fact it's far from it. As i write, I'm hold up in a hotel,in Cambridgeshire, awaiting a Subbuteo Tournament tomorrow. Fifteen lads have flown over from Italy to particiate, and have bombed it into Barnet to catch a 'traditional' English game. We're all football mad, love a beer and a bit of banter. Tonight we're all out for an Indian and a few beers, and tomorrow it's game on. It's all a good crack, you get to meet some great people, travel and hang out with a good bunch of lads and their 'WAGS'.

Archived