IGNORED

We Won But Were Lucky

foghornred

http://www.s****horp...ts.asp?a=212876

For those that did not go to Glanford Park we won but it was a little like the Alamo in the second half and how we kept a clean sheet,I don't know.

What I did not like was that we brought everyone back to defend at set pieces so the ball was cleared and just kept coming back a little like last season when we kept conceding those last minute goals,but well done to the defence as we did not this time.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.s****horp...ts.asp?a=212876

For those that did not go to Glanford Park we won but it was a little like the Alamo in the second half and how we kept a clean sheet,I don't know.

What I did not like was that we brought everyone back to defend at set pieces so the ball was cleared and just kept coming back a little like last season when we kept conceding those last minute goals,but well done to the defence as we did not this time.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Reading the report, I could hear violins playing, so sad, how dare we pack our defence and waste a bit of time, they never did that at the gate did thy?

How many times in this lengthy missive did he mention "The Iron" !

A forum report, factually correct, but missing key things, mainly the speed of the 2 counter attacks, a quick free kick went badly wrong ... [and albert adomah went from 0-60 in 6.3 seconds]

OK we weren't brilliant but S****horpe didn't deserve much from today, to not make anything clear cut in the fasion they did would leave serious questions being asked, we were clinical ... to an extent

we were lucky but we were better than S****horpe 1 win 2 goals and 3 points better

The result was more important than the performance today so to be honest i don't give a monkey's how lucky we were!

Agreed!

You could say that untill yesterday City had been on the wrong end of an luck going so far this season. The law of averages says that eventually a bit of good fortune will go City's way.

Anyway - is being under the cosh without conceding not solid defending rather that 'luck'? :dunno:

We've had bugger all luck all summer, on or off the field, what with managers leaving, stadium setbacks, injuries and God knows what else. If we had the rub of the green in the second half yesterday (and it sounds that way to judge from the radio commentary and comments here) then it's about time and I'll take that. Sometimes it takes a bit of a lucky break to lift morale and start to get things moving in a positive direction. This will give confidence a boost and that's something that can be built on. It will be interesting to see the response on Tuesday.

i was there yesterday and granted they did batter us in the second half, but it was nice to see us hold firm and throw bodies in the way of everything, a little like the first season in the championship! the two goals were well executed breaks which was obviously our game plan.

all in all the perfect away performance i think :chant6ez:

We've had bugger all luck all summer, on or off the field, what with managers leaving, stadium setbacks, injuries and God knows what else. If we had the rub of the green in the second half yesterday (and it sounds that way to judge from the radio commentary and comments here) then it's about time and I'll take that. Sometimes it takes a bit of a lucky break to lift morale and start to get things moving in a positive direction. This will give confidence a boost and that's something that can be built on. It will be interesting to see the response on Tuesday.

I totally agree, its about time we had a bit of luck and 3 points is 3 points

Were we lucky or were scunny poor in front of goal.

If Scunny were poor in front of goal then thats their own fault. It could be that the City defence had the Scunny strikers under so much pressure that they lost their composure. Thats solid defending imo - nothing at all to do with luck.

I remember Hull City during the play-off season losing by the odd goal at AG. In that game they had two fantastic chances in the last few mins to win or draw, but after tearing the City defence apart in one move one of their strikers had an empty net from 12 yards but somehow managed to hit the post. Now that was lucky for City.

I can't say that I had any sympathy for Phil Brown though...

As is only right, I will defer to posters on this thread who were actually there, but listening to the game on RB it seemed to me there were lots of postives coming out of our performance yesterday namely:

1) Stead and Pitman seem to be building a useful partnership, even if neither of them scored. Only a matter of time.

2) Adomah is an exciting young prospect for us and may well prove to be our best signing of the summer, hope his injury is not too serious as I really want him to play on Tues.

3) Hunt seems to now be fully fit and played OK by all accounts.

4) Although there were a few (minor) defensive muddle-ups, DJ appears to be commanding his goalmouth now as we all expected from when he joined us.

With regard to Rose, if he is fully fit should KM play him v Watford ? I think NO, don't change a winning side but put him on the bench and perhaps bring him on with 15-20 mins to go.

Looks like our dreadful start to this season is behind us now. Bring on Watford, I think we are looking at two wins on the bounce.

I didn't go so only have the benefit of the highlights on Player.

However, from what I could see, to say we were lucky is an understatement.

The defence was all at sea on numerous occasions. It was only the generosity of S****horpe that meant we didn't lose 4-2.

McAllister was simply awful. What has happened to him that he can't even get the basics of positioning correct? He also returned to his habit of running away from the winger until the winger gets a decent cross in...

Hunt was pulled out of position on a couple of occasions. Stewart seemed to try some ill judged tackles that were about a mile from success.

I'll take 3 points and a bad performance any time. But it seems that S****horpe were the reason we got our first win not us.

I didn't go so only have the benefit of the highlights on Player.

However, from what I could see, to say we were lucky is an understatement.

The defence was all at sea on numerous occasions. It was only the generosity of S****horpe that meant we didn't lose 4-2.

McAllister was simply awful. What has happened to him that he can't even get the basics of positioning correct? He also returned to his habit of running away from the winger until the winger gets a decent cross in...

Hunt was pulled out of position on a couple of occasions. Stewart seemed to try some ill judged tackles that were about a mile from success.

I'll take 3 points and a bad performance any time. But it seems that S****horpe were the reason we got our first win not us.

I also saw the highlights and thought we could have had another couple of goals. Pitman, Stead had great chances and Clarkson a goal dubiously wiped out, Albert's goal was fantastic. Think we'll definately increase our away goal tally this season.

I also saw the highlights and thought we could have had another couple of goals. Pitman, Stead had great chances and Clarkson a goal dubiously wiped out, Albert's goal was fantastic. Think we'll definately increase our away goal tally this season.

Agree - more positives than negatives for me Clarkson's first was clearly a goal, their number 4 could easily have been sent off for his afters with Adomah ( hope it gets highlighted to the powers that be), while Pittman and Stead both came very close- our counterattacking was very sharp - agree defence still not right but looked a lot better and Adomah looks a real find.

Archived