IGNORED

Steven Caulker

Clarky89

We have lots of depth, we have 2 possible defences:

Macca Fountaine Carey Hunt

Nyatanga Stewart Ribs Wilson

Plus not forgetting Cisse can play there, so we do have plenty of depth

You don't see a problem at left back there?

Fontaine can play there, the others would be weak as.

Yes we're ok with centre halfs, BUT we re-jig people around and then we're light. Right back is ok, left back we have one option in my book. Fontaine.

Nyatanga wouldn't be comfortable and McAllister is awful.

You don't see a problem at left back there?

Fontaine can play there, the others would be weak as.

Yes we're ok with centre halfs, BUT we re-jig people around and then we're light. Right back is ok, left back we have one option in my book. Fontaine.

Nyatanga wouldn't be comfortable and McAllister is awful.

But we havnt signed a left back, we have signed a centre back, which we already have plenty of options.

I agree with you, a proper left back is just what we need

I would say we have plenty of numbers rather than real options.

This lad has some quality and pace about him.

But all of the players we have are great on their day!

We have too many players in the same position and we wonder why we loose millions of pounds a year.

We need to get rid of players before we bring more in

But all of the players we have are great on their day!

We have too many players in the same position and we wonder why we loose millions of pounds a year.

We need to get rid of players before we bring more in

I don't disagree with that.

I think this lad though is potentially a lot better than some of the 'deadwood' we have at the club.

Albeit we have to bear in mind he can go back to Spurs at any time.

Yes, we have plenty of Defenders, but non with real quality at this time and moment. Ribs will come good i'm sure, but the others are either past their best or just not plain good enough at this level.

I really can't see how an 18 year old with a bright future, who played at Yeovil last season, is going to be the answer to all our problems right now.

We really need a proven experienced leader at this level, who isn't past his best, who can command the back four and give some stability.

This signing for me, just proves how desperate we are.

Take Carey and McCalister ( who are both past their best ) from the back four, and what defenders do we have, that have leadership qualities and experience at a consistent top level. None...

At this level you cannot do that. It maybe ok for League 1...but this is a mighty step up.

I really hope our youngsters can rise to the occasion, and become hardened no nonsense men, sooner rather than later.

I was surprised to wake up to this news I must admit, I wouldn't have thought we'd be in for another centre-half. Don't know too much about him, thought he looked decent in midweek but will obviously be hugely lacking in experience. Maybe this will see Fontaine move to LB and Caulker accompany Carey in the middle? He's a big lad but he's by no means slow and perhaps this is Millen's thinking. Like I said, it seems a strange signing to me, but it sounds as if he impressed at Yeovil and hopefully he'll be dependable. God knows who will play at the back Tuesday now...

I really can't see how an 18 year old with a bright future, who played at Yeovil last season, is going to be the answer to all our problems right now.

We really need a proven experienced leader at this level, who isn't past his best, who can command the back four and give some stability.

This signing for me, just proves how desperate we are.

Give the lad a chance.

Caulker was highly rated at Yeovil. He has real pace which no-one else in the back 4 has and the bottom line is that its the defence thats been a problem for ages and he'll certainly give Millen some alternative options.

City have been desperate for a defender for ages (and still need a decent left back) and when Millen brings in a player with loads of talent you see it as a desperate signing.

Glass half empty again?

According to KM on Player he brings athleticism but most of all pace to the back three/five. Not a left back but can play left side in a three man defend.

Looks like we have been after him for some time.

Also he is hungry for success.

Prefer young gifted players before lazy overpaid ones that hardly can be called football players.

This has to be a 3 - 5 - 2 with Carey - Caulker - Fontaine surely??!

You would certainly hope so but yesterday Millen played 5-4-1 when under pressure and 4-3-3 when on the offensive. He'll almost certainly do the same at Pompey even though a large percentage of Burnleys play came down their right - City's left which is another indication that other teams have worked out where City are most vunerable. Hopefully Millen will address that weakness sooner rather than later.

He'll probably go with the same starting 11 as well with Caulker on the bench.

If Spurs have offered him a new 3 year deal, then i'm sure he's a good player for the future.

But his presence, didn't stop Yeovil finishing only 3 points off relegation from League 1 last season.

Imo...this is not the answer to our present problems.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Hopefully he is not half a sleep but got balls to attack the ball. Looks very promising.

If Spurs have offered him a new 3 year deal, then i'm sure he's a good player for the future.

But his presence, didn't stop Yeovil finishing only 3 points off relegation from League 1 last season.

Imo...this is not the answer to our present problems.

Hope he proves me wrong.

One defender cannot earn countless points, there's only so much he can do. The fact they finished here has no bearing whatsoever on how good he is, he could've been playing alongside complete shit for all we know.

5 appearances for Spurs Reserves, a Carling Cup appearance and a season long loan to Yeovil... As young and fresh and pacey as he might be...this is not the answer for a team Struggling in the Championship. We need a proven defender, not one in developement. He's not even made Spurs reserves this season or is even part of their first team squad.

I feel sorry for the lad coming here, with the expectancy that people are stating.

5 appearances for Spurs Reserves, a Carling Cup appearance and a season long loan to Yeovil... As young and fresh and pacey as he might be...this is not the answer for a team Struggling in the Championship. We need a proven defender, not one in developement. He's not even made Spurs reserves this season or is even part of their first team squad.

I feel sorry for the lad coming here, with the expectancy that people are stating.

Give it a rest, of course you're entitled to your opinion but every post you have made on this thread has been negative and it's getting rather boring.

Personally I think this lad will be a improvment and a good addition to the team when he was at Yeovil he was quality and by far their best player according to a mate of mine who is a Glover's ST holder, look forward to seeing him in action on Tuesday if he start's not ust thrown in late on.

Archived