IGNORED

Carey/james Argument

hinsleburg

theres been a few posters on here saying that james and carey had a bit of a shouting match.anybody that was there can clarify what happened please.

As I saw and I was there James was having a go becuase Carey and another player (cant rember) let a Cardiff player (again cant rember) put a dangerous cross in the box more or less unoppsed. In my view he had every right and Carey should be experienced enough to take it. To be honest in my view Carey had a shocker and was proberbly aware of that and just flipped out in frustration to be honest.

A Cardiff fan mate who I work with text me and said whose the tortoise at right back, summed it up really I'm very sorry to say.

One of the Cardiff players (Chopra I think) waltzed past Carey like he was a centre back playing at right back.

James saved the day by plucking the ball off the toe of another Cardiff player.

At this point, James said to Carey, "Look, old boy, it would really help our goals against column if you could stop those sheep shaggers from getting any crosses in"

Carey replied, "Shut it Jamo, I'm doing me best".

Jamo: "Well your best isn't good enough. Try to get close to their man"

Carey: "You don't need to lecture me on defending. I've watched all the recent international tournaments"

And so on, and so on.

Actually, it was a really good moment. It showed two passionate players wanting the best.

Carey should understand that he has achieved absolutely nothing compared to James and keep his mouth well shut.

What so because James has played for England and Carey hasn't his vews are suddenly unworthy are they? Nonsense. I have no idea what hapened, I'd imagine James yelled at Carey and he had a bite back. Agree that Carey was poor today but he was out of position, he hasn't played right-back for about 6 years! Just because James has had a decent career it doesn't mean he's superior to the rest of the squad, and it's that kind of attitude that would or even could lead to big problems within the squad. I'm not saying James was at fault, but to say Carey should shut up merely because James has played PL and International football, is disrespectful and quite frankly bollocks. Besides, the incident that led to this confrontation involved a cross from the right, and as Carey was playing as right-back on the other side of the pitch, it's hardly his job to stop the cross.

One thing I will say is that Caulker and Fontaine were excellent today, and I thought McAllister was pretty decent as well, yet we still conceded three! This is very worrying!

Carey should understand that he has achieved absolutely nothing compared to James and keep his mouth well shut.

who the hell is captain of this football club ... carey is if he wants to shout at a fellow team mate cause he hasnt done something right he can he is the one trying to pull every one together if someone should have respect then it should be james

Carey has played as much of his carrer at right back as centre half

carey always scared me to death when he played right back, i was glad when he went to coventry. that said he was totally different at centre back top player for us for quite a time unfortunately his time has now passed and putting him back out as a sacrificial lamb at full back again is proof he is past it . where was ribs the international right back ?

. where was ribs the international right back ?

Ribs was dropped for the Norwich game as Miily told him he wanted an attacking team. Today he was not used becaused we wanted a strong defensive team. Make your mind up. But looks to me that the manager has no confidence in him.

That being the case, Might be now be forced to move on to learn his trade and fulfil his potential. Pity as SL always showed great support for him.

who the hell is captain of this football club ... carey is if he wants to shout at a fellow team mate cause he hasnt done something right he can he is the one trying to pull every one together if someone should have respect then it should be james

Captains earn respect, being skinned regularly forcing the goalkeeper to have to work much harder, don't exactly engender respect, specially when James put up with the same crap performance in front of him in South Africa. I would tear my defenders a strip off if they played as badly. Louis THINKS he is Bristol City. Got news for him. he aint. he was shit today. simples.

Captains earn respect, being skinned regularly forcing the goalkeeper to have to work much harder, don't exactly engender respect, specially when James put up with the same crap performance in front of him in South Africa. I would tear my defenders a strip off if they played as badly. Louis THINKS he is Bristol City. Got news for him. he aint. he was shit today. simples.

Whether he was shit or not today has no bearing whatsoever on his commitment to the club. I agree he was by far the worst defender today, but he is clearly Bristol City through and through and has dedicated his career to us, something that surely earns him respect? So are you saying you only earn respect by being a brilliant footballer? Because if so I disagree. I have no idea if he was in the wrong or not today in his confrontation with James but he has done more for this club than James ever will, and has earned respect from City fans...at least he should have.

Although Carey has been shocking all season the difference here is that he actually holds the captains arm band, which is a big difference. so if anyone should be shutting up its james, not the captain!!

Ribs was dropped for the Norwich game as Miily told him he wanted an attacking team. Today he was not used becaused we wanted a strong defensive team. Make your mind up. But looks to me that the manager has no confidence in him.

That being the case, Might be now be forced to move on to learn his trade and fulfil his potential. Pity as SL always showed great support for him.

if true about Millen dropping Ribs for Norwich wanting an attacking team thats crap really as Ribs is our best defender going forward

Whether he was shit or not today has no bearing whatsoever on his commitment to the club. I agree he was by far the worst defender today, but he is clearly Bristol City through and through and has dedicated his career to us, something that surely earns him respect? So are you saying you only earn respect by being a brilliant footballer? Because if so I disagree. I have no idea if he was in the wrong or not today in his confrontation with James but he has done more for this club than James ever will, and has earned respect from City fans...at least he should have.

They has a row on a football pitch, agreed it didn't look good and agree it doesn't help. But beleive me a lot worse goes on every single training ground around the country. The bottom line it satarted from Carey getting beaten with out much effort and James saving from point blank range (6 years) from Chris Burke who looked for the world sure to score. He was pretty miffed I guess how easy it was, I would expect him to get angry about it...rememeber it was only recently that he weas acused of not being interested. Don't get me wrong I dont think James was a signing we needed but he is not to blame here today

From qhere i was sitting (only disabled supporters closer) James clearly said stop the ******* crosses and Louis (who was clearly frustrated and not comfortable at RB) said **** off. Blah blah blah. At least they don't like losing. The think with Louis us he's the only talker out there and for me help Caulker through a pretty promising individual performance.

James had the right to have a go at Carey. It's his job to give the defence advice.

Most sensible answer in this thread.

Why do some feel the need blow things out of proportion?

Oh yea, thats right. This is a forum so we need to express our 'opinions'.

DJ & LC don't care about it anymore, I'm more than sure.

I see it like this... Carey is the only defender who talks and organizes which is a real importance. He has not the pace to cope with the strikers in this league, but without him we have absolutly no organisation. To try and accomadate he has played him in a 3 man defence, he has tried him alongside Caulker, Fonts and Stewart ( i think ) and now he has tried him at right back. Time to bite the bullet and go and spend a couple of million on a commanding quick, strong centre half.

I think James is the ONLY leader on the field at the moment. Carey has been as quiet Cole "The Doormouse" Skuse was when he had a go. These people are only Captain because of length of service. At least James is prepared to get in to them a bit and fire them up/point out the mistakes.

Hartley should have been Captain last year and James should be this year.

On the Radio Bristol commentary , it was stated that the row was a good thing, because it showed passion and commitment, and that was said at least twice. I don't happen to agree because there seems to be something simmering under the surface regarding David James. There have been several posters on this forum who say that they have inside knowledge that James doesn't bond with the rest of the team and, with the wages he is on, it is not good for team spirit. This sort of set-to only goes to make me wonder if there really is something in it.

Archived