IGNORED

Willem Ii Fans...

spudski

I've always had a soft spot for Roma, no idea why, I just loved Totti when I was younger and then started to follow their results a bit. I've always wanted to watch a game there, would be awesome. Watching a game at the Nou Camp is something I'd like to do in the not too distant future as well.

I've mentioned it a few times on here but me and a few mates going back 5 or 6 years ago picked up their shirts dirt cheap in a sale at Sports Direct, really liked them and it's gone from there! unfortunately they are almost as bad as City at the moment!!

I've mentioned it a few times on here but me and a few mates going back 5 or 6 years ago picked up their shirts dirt cheap in a sale at Sports Direct, really liked them and it's gone from there! unfortunately they are almost as bad as City at the moment!!

Yeah I always check their results, and Palermo's for that matter. They came so close to the title last year I thought they might get off to a good start, but it hasn't quite happened for them, a bit like our start!

Ahhhh...The Bentegodi. I love that Stadium. In fact it was one of the first Away stadiums i ever visited. Mutu was playing for Verona then. Years ago. I have a good friend Roberto who has a season ticket their. He never misses a game. I tease him terribly about 'The flying Donkeys' :laugh:.

I go in the Curva Nord at the Olympico...it's nuts...but in a good way. You just can't get that kind of football atmosphere in England anymore. So i have to get my fix abroad.

Tim Park's book is excellent, i've read it twice. There is another good book called The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Worth a read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_tprmFNy-Q

Have to say Miracle of Castel di Sangro is a fantastic book - if u read one book this yr, thats a good 'un

I have soft spot for Bordeaux since my french exchange days. I remember watching them in 1984 when they had Tigana and Giresse in midfield, Batiston in defence and their goalkeeper was called Dropsy!

We had a student over a few years back took her to the gate we best Mansfield 6-0 (I think) Keith Curle was their manager before he met Collin, any way we kept in touch for yeats & she always asked how we were doing

Right then Spudski i'm going to have to hate you because i follow AS Roma!! i have seen them twice, the 7-1 defeat at United and a 1-0 defeat at Boro, exciting times!!! but seriously i have never been abroad and would quite like to visit Rome for a weekend and catch a game, what kind of deals/prices do you know of?

Didn't want to break the bad news to Spudski, but me also. Roma re Roma re Roma re! Have not yet been over there, as last couple of planned trips have been messed up for one reason or another (the change to mid-week games following violence, being the last one). Got mates who are Roma through and through and followed them back when Italian footie was on channel 4. Seen them lose at Spurs (no Totti sadly :(, but De Rossi was playing :)). Also follow Karlsruher (mate watched City Yeovil when Bas fell over). I look out for Royal Antwerp results having met a few at our place, and Fenerbahce as met a few of their boys. Might need to switch to Galatasaray though, seeing as quite a few are now attending City games!

Right then Spudski i'm going to have to hate you because i follow AS Roma!! i have seen them twice, the 7-1 defeat at United and a 1-0 defeat at Boro, exciting times!!! but seriously i have never been abroad and would quite like to visit Rome for a weekend and catch a game, what kind of deals/prices do you know of?

Aaarrrghhhh...Roma...who inflicted you with that? :rolleyes::laugh:;)

I generally plan what trips i want to see when, the fixture list comes out at the beginning of the season. Then purchase cheap Flights and hotels. Unless it's the Rome Derby you can purchace tickets for any game easily enough. Average price 20 Euro's in the Curve's if you can get in them and about 30 Euro in the stands.

This season Lazio introduced a document that had to be verified by the Police before you could purchase a ticket, and you have to provide a passport on picking up your tickets at the ground. I don't know if Roma have introduced this.

You can pick up tickets for the games at Roma shops in Rome. Or the local Banks.

Hope that helps. You must get to a Rome v Lazio Derby. It's Gladitorial ;)

Forza Lazio...Roma Merda ;)

My local team is Toulouse and I have watched them many times home and away.

Once in Marseille we were in the home end and Toulouse won 2-1, including a great goal from Johan Elmander, now at Bolton. We couldn't contain our delight and it was a dodgy few minutes as we got a bit of abuse, mainly in arabic as most of thier fans are of North African origin.

It's one thing getting a hiding following my beloved City but I wasn't too keen on taking one for Toulouse.

Zenit St petersburg for me. When arshavin and kerzhakov played together they were a pleasure to watch! Вперед за Питер

А я болею за Локо! Мне кажется, что Зенит слишком легко выиграла русский чемпионат.

Поздравляю тебя с победой.

smile.gif

A friend of my dad who's Italian bought me a Vicenza shirt when I was younger and always keep an eye out for them,so guess they are my mainland Europe team! Have a soft spot for Arsenal, occasionally watch the MK Dons,and the Mrs is from Northampton so they can be my League 2 team. Started to follow Philadelphia Union as travel there a lot. However, all pale in comparison for my love for the mighty City!

When in Italy, I used to watch Perugia when I had the time.

Alas the club's now RIP :crying: due to a level of on-field and off-field mismanagement that makes anything over here look tame.

There's a new club now with the same name, playing in Serie D. I don't think I can face watching them :no:

My second team Lazio are top of Serie A this year...a remarkable achievement. There has been a lot of animosity amongst the fans with the players and chairman, but one simple action has brought the Club and fans together as one. It really does make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck when you Witness it.

The Club's emblem is an Eagle. The Club have an Eagle as their mascot called Olympia. This season at the start of each game, Olympia is released to fly around the stadium to get the fans passionate and supporting the team...it's working perfectly.

The fans have never been so passionate and it's rubbing off on everyone at the Club.

Today, Lazio beat Cagliari to go further ahead of the league. Olympia was released and this time watched the whole game from the top of the stadium.

A simple gesture to create oneness amongst the Club...Perhaps we should start releasing a Robin pre match ;)

Catch Olympia here...only in Italy :D

Going over to Brazil next year and hopefully gonna catch a Flamengo game at the Maracana or even a Corinthians game when we got up to Sao Paulo... Brazilian atmosphere's fantastic apparently i can't wait!

It sure is and so is the F1 at Interlagos. I was down south a couple months ago and watched a training session with Gremio. Friend down their is old school buddy with their first team Coach. Most of the stadia are really knackered though and even the 12 host cities for 2014 are way behind schedule... If you go before 2014 do your homework as some of the grounds will be either torn down or closed for refurbishing incl the Maracana. Football in Cuba is shite; so bad in fact that an English 11 (+ couple of other nationalities as we were shor) of 30+ expats including me narrowly lost to their national team a few years back. They even played our anthem and theirs

Archived