IGNORED

Accepting It For What It Is...

spudski

We're Millions in debt, we have to offload playing staff before we bring in new, we're probably stuck with KM for the duration ( reading into what SL has implied ), Caulker and Rose could be recalled at anytime, We're still in the bottom 3 and performances look average at best.

I suppose it's time to just except, it is what it is...We've ****** up big time again, If we stay up, it will be for the grace of God and not good footballing management and that we as Supporters can do nothing about it, but turn up and support regardless of performances and results.

TBH...even if we were further up the league, i'm already bored of this season. Anyone else feel the same way?

The season started badly and wasn't enjoyable, however that few games have been really entertaining, especially the reading and QPR games.

We're finally playing with two out and out wingers, and we're playing so open, it's leading to some really kamikaze games.

At least we're not playing three defensive midfielders without width like we have done over the last few seasons.

The season started badly and wasn't enjoyable, however that few games have been really entertaining, especially the reading and QPR games.

We're finally playing with two out and out wingers, and we're playing so open, it's leading to some really kamikaze games.

At least we're not playing three defensive midfielders without width like we have done over the last few seasons.

I think adversity and BCFC go hand in hand a bit. I've enjoyed the last three home games much more than most games in the last 2-3 years. Bit of a bite from the crowd, backs to the wall stuff; obviously don;t wanna go down; but this is where we show our metal I think

I think adversity and BCFC go hand in hand a bit. I've enjoyed the last three home games much more than most games in the last 2-3 years. Bit of a bite from the crowd, backs to the wall stuff; obviously don;t wanna go down; but this is where we show our metal I think

Agree, there's a bit of a siege mentality from the fans at the minute, i like it

today was shocking but bits of play were ok, we gotta use our free kicks more wisely instead of wasting them like alot of them 2day and the wingers needa attack that line teams know us by now we r so predictable play how we played today a team like Swansea will punish us I can't see us pulling off a shock on weds anyway!!!!

Siege mentality is good. Confident average players very rarely beat quality players though. As for developing a squad for promotion...Don't you think SL has been trying to do this for the last 3 years? It ain't gonna get any better than this squad wise, unless we happened to go up. Look how much the current squad of average players is costing us...

God there is some crap on here lately.

Millen is gradually turning it around, once he's bombed out the crap in Jan a lot of problems will be resolved and he can bring in some quality.

Personally I'm loving life under millen much more than at anytime since wembley.

Good hard working forwards

Young players getting a chance

Positive football being played instead of the negative rubbish under GJ

And the prospect of when maenad is fit we will have possibly our best front line since Robbie turner and bob Taylor

Oh and Marv is back to his best.

Great times ahead

Siege mentality is good. Confident average players very rarely beat quality players though. As for developing a squad for promotion...Don't you think SL has been trying to do this for the last 3 years? It ain't gonna get any better than this squad wise, unless we happened to go up. Look how much the current squad of average players is costing us...

Well, that's where I disagree, the squad is too big with too many average players - so there is room for improvement.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, cut the squad down by about 15 players and bring in real quality.

As everyone keeps pointing out, we're missing a real quality midfield player, Blackpool proved it last season with Charlie Adams and our previous promotion teams all had decent midfielders.

It ain't gonna happen overnight, because as we learnt from the Pulis days, if you sign a player on a three year contract it isn't easy to move them on, and that's exactly what's happened with the Coppell situation.

If we get to build the new stadium (which couuld be finished in three to four years time) we could be in a position to have a slimmed down squad, all we need to do between now and then is subsidise our team with some decent loaness and the odd signing here and there, until the squad is cut sufficiently, ready to then invest in some real quality.

Good response...loving you're optimism. Remember to tell SL, his judgement of managers and quality signings over the past 3 years has been appalling, and KM is obviously Arsene Wenger in disguise...How did he miss it... :tumbleweed:

Steve doesn't need me telling him, he's said as much over the last week, he knows he's Sanctioned the signing of some shit over the last 18months (thankfully many only on loan) SL's biggest failing is backing his managers to much, which we can't fault him for.

However i will mention it when I next speak to him.

I apologies if this has been covered before, but i haven't had time to read all the posts of late.

Even before yesterdays result, I have thought that this season will be one of Team Building and reconsiliation under our New manager.

I'm interested to know, whether others feel the same way, and whether they will be disapointed if we do not improve on last years final position?

I for one, don't have high expectations for this season, although i would be delighted if we do have a cracker.

My biggest concern, is not of the Club, manager or Chairman, but of the fans high exectations. Whether fans like it or not, we are definately a Club with a fan base that is of the 'sing when your winning' mentality, and over reactional, when things aren't going according to plan.

I hope and pray that whatever happens this season, we get behind SC and SL, whatever the results. I have great faith in both of them, but my gut instinct is, that we may have to settle for mid table this year, and hope SC gets in some decent players over the course of it.

I really do hope, that we don't put to much pressure on the team and new manager...that we enjoy the ride...and God willing, my gut instinct proves wrong and we get promoted in style.

Any thoughts?

Spudski - you posted this less than three months ago in a thread you created - maybe you should follow your own original message & do as suggested - 'Whatever happens this season, we get behind SC and SL'.

By all accounts - SC has gone - but KM has had less time in the hotseat - but I don't see your support?!

Further still - all I have seen this week in various threads that you have posted in is attacks about the club, how it is run and Steve Lansdown's own influence!

I don't mean to be a bit rude, but its all a bit Hypocritical isn't it?

Spudski - you posted this less than three months ago in a thread you created - maybe you should follow your own original message & do as suggested - 'Whatever happens this season, we get behind SC and SL'.

By all accounts - SC has gone - but KM has had less time in the hotseat - but I don't see your support?!

Further still - all I have seen this week in various threads that you have posted in is attacks about the club, how it is run and Steve Lansdown's own influence!

I don't mean to be a bit rude, but its all a bit Hypocritical isn't it?

I can see where your coming from...but this was written when we had SC in charge not KM. I had faith in SL, but i am starting to lose it, with his footballing judgements.

Don't get me wrong...He is a great Chairman for this Club, i just feel he has made too many bad footballing judgements, and needs help to achieve what he so desires.

SL has sanctioned the buying of average players, which has dragged us down. People believe that offloading these average players will leave room for us to miraculously bring in 'Quality' players to replace them. Don't people think SL and the management team thought these average players were quality when they bought them. If we want real quality, then SL will have to pay more in wages. He won't do that, so the average player merry go round continues. How can people not see that?

I support City from the stands, but i do question SL's footballing judgement. Is it wrong to question? Or do i just have to go along with everything SL tells me?

Thankyou for being reasonable and polite in your response...it's appreciated.

I can see where your coming from...but this was written when we had SC in charge not KM. I had faith in SL, but i am starting to lose it, with his footballing judgements.

Don't get me wrong...He is a great Chairman for this Club, i just feel he has made too many bad footballing judgements, and needs help to achieve what he so desires.

SL has sanctioned the buying of average players, which has dragged us down. People believe that offloading these average players will leave room for us to miraculously bring in 'Quality' players to replace them. Don't people think SL and the management team thought these average players were quality when they bought them. If we want real quality, then SL will have to pay more in wages. He won't do that, so the average player merry go round continues. How can people not see that?

I support City from the stands, but i do question SL's footballing judgement. Is it wrong to question? Or do i just have to go along with everything SL tells me?

I've read some rubbish from you tonic but this takes the biscuit and smashes it to pieces........

SL won't pay top wages.......What complete and utter horse crap!

James MASSIVE earner!

Stead also.....Huge salary

Last season Hartley came in on HUGE wages, Sno came in on loan on even bigger wages!

Season before Maynard MASSIVE transfer fee

If steve this thinks the player is good enough,he will pull it off

That I think is fair comment. Even given Alex Ferguson's view that if you get 50% of your signings right you're doing ok, too many average players have been replaced, or worse supplemented by, equally average ones. What exactly did we gain for instance by adding Lewin to the squad when he was no better than what we had? Indeed how did we end up with so many central defenders who are all average to poor but not a single decent left back? It used to be a manager's mantra that you didn't sign players unless they were better than those you had. In too many cases that has not been followed. However I do not blame Steve for that when the alternative is a Chairman dictating what players he wants, which is an even worse scenario.

I've read some rubbish from you tonic but this takes the biscuit and smashes it to pieces........

SL won't pay top wages.......What complete and utter horse crap!

James MASSIVE earner!

Stead also.....Huge salary

Last season Hartley came in on HUGE wages, Sno came in on loan on even bigger wages!

Season before Maynard MASSIVE transfer fee

If steve this thinks the player is good enough,he will pull it off

Oh dear...You really do need to do your research. Those are not huge wages in this league, if you want promotion. We have a Salary cap at this Club, that SL won't budge on. :mellow:

Oh dear...You really do need to do your research. Those are not huge wages in this league, if you want promotion. We have a Salary cap at this Club, that SL won't budge on. :mellow:

Ha ha ha!!!! QUALITY! If only you knew me.

Those players earned very high salaries well above the average in this division . If that's not big money at this level then your being VERY unrealistic in what we should be paying players!

Salary cap has been and also is broken for players with "extra" qualities, as it's been with Hartley, Sno and James especially

Ha ha ha!!!! QUALITY! If only you knew me.

Those players earned very high salaries well above the average in this division . If that's not big money at this level then your being VERY unrealistic in what we should be paying players!

Salary cap has been and also is broken for players with "extra" qualities, as it's been with Hartley, Sno and James especially

I bow down to your Superior knowledge... So DJ is on more than Orr at QPR is he? Haha...if only yo knew me :rolleyes: ... I am just a plebian and a nobody.I'll tell that to my Butler on the way out. :D

Stead is playing well at the moment...But he has a record of being a journeyman Pro. If he's so good, why has he been moved on by every Club he's played for? And we are paying massive wages for the priviledge? Think about it...it's not rocket science. Facts are facts...Stead in this Division is seen as an average player at this level. He starts well, then falls massively out of favour at every club he's played for. Steads wages are the average we should be paying if we want to guarentee promotion.

SL has the money...why piss about. Cardiff and QPR are both going up this year, because they've risked it big time. Morally...I don't agree with the way they go about business...But they'll be in the Premier League and we'll be languishing here or below. Think about it. It's not like we have no money. SL would rather build a new Stadium and run a business with the hope of promotion.

I bow down to your Superior knowledge... So DJ is on more than Orr at QPR is he? Haha...if only yo knew me :rolleyes: ... I am just a plebian and a nobody.I'll tell that to my Butler on the way out. :D

Stead is playing well at the moment...But he has a record of being a journeyman Pro. If he's so good, why has he been moved on by every Club he's played for? And we are paying massive wages for the priviledge? Think about it...it's not rocket science. Facts are facts...Stead in this Division is seen as an average player at this level. He starts well, then falls massively out of favour at every club he's played for. Steads wages are the average we should be paying if we want to guarentee promotion.

SL has the money...why piss about. Cardiff and QPR are both going up this year, because they've risked it big time. Morally...I don't agree with the way they go about business...But they'll be in the Premier League and we'll be languishing here or below. Think about it. It's not like we have no money. SL would rather build a new Stadium and run a business with the hope of promotion.

You can't be sure of this, and they've both been in this division paying a lot of money out for a long time.

SL also only has a limited amount of money, so why should he fritter it away? When he can build something an infrastructure that'll last City decades to come.

You can't be sure of this, and they've both been in this division paying a lot of money out for a long time.

SL also only has a limited amount of money, so why should he fritter it away? When he can build something an infrastructure that'll last City decades to come.

Yes there are no guarentees, but there is no guarentee, that we are going to be in this division come the end of the season. 30000 seater stadium in League 1 anyone?

Neither team has been promoted yet, many thought cardiff were going up last year after spending big.......but didn't. Can't be sure they will this season either. Also they got low crowds in their old ground but have a big boost due to new stadium

We risked it big time last season with signings and expensive loan players. Unfortunately the manager screwed it up mis-managing a number of players.

Dj's basic is higher than Orr's, both of which were lower than was.

Orr got a massive rise at QPR, only because he wasn't on great money at city.

Stead wages are big, due to him playing in the prem

The only reason his fee was so low was due to his salary and the only reason keane sold him was because of his wages, he was still playing and performing for them when he joined us, also blackpool couldn't afford his wage demands but we could. He's a huge earner

Archived