IGNORED

Accepting It For What It Is...

spudski

How about you back the club, some of us have long term and in major ways, others such as yourself feel aggrieved you aren't getting your moneys worth from your ST? I was depressed in league 1, no doubt you have only been here since the wembley loss

Out of interest Donnie, exactly how long have you been watching City? I've been going to AG since the early 70s and would say this season is currently shaping up to the be the worst/most depressing since our last relegation from this league (98/99). Maybe you've got a longer term perspective that we are missing?

If you actually read my posts Donnie, I'm not actually slagging SL off. Just debating ways of improving the Club. He's not perfect. I was there for the Benny Saga, I've been following this Club since the early 70's. Read that list of players above to see his failings. Footballing decisions and judgements are his weakness. Finance isn't.

It's not him that makes those decisions. It's the manager and they are too blame. If the manager says he wants to sign someone and the chairman then goes off and ask someone else, that's undermining the manager,

It's like blaming hicks and gillett for Benetez signing rubbish players.

How is this like the Benny saga? Are you actually even old enough to remember Benny? I'm guessing not.

I'm happy that things are improving at the moment after the **** ups by Johnson who should have been sacked long ago and coppell who is havin g a break down and believe keef is the best option for stability which we need. He's proved over the last 7/8 months to be capab

No one is brain washing me.

Again, what do you suggest Steve does, your happy to slate him, but suggest nothing on how you feel he should change things without further risking the long term security of the club, do try to be constructive?

How about you back the club, some of us have long term and in major ways, others such as yourself feel aggrieved you aren't getting your moneys worth from your ST? I was depressed in league 1, no doubt you have only been here since the wembley loss

and just remember who got us into the championship, the guy you take pleasure in vilifying at every opportunity. I support KM because I want BCFC to succeed always have always will. As I said in a previous thread their are only 2 differences between this season and last season. 1 we are playing with 2 wide men (but still not creating anything like the amount of chances that we should be) and 2 we are in a relegation place which is where we deserve to be and if we don't start winning at home where we will end up, just like last season we are usually pants in the first half, nearly always playing catch up, shipping early and late goals, giving away penalties and still playing a lot of turgid football, it's like de ja vu.

Out of interest Donnie, exactly how long have you been watching City? I've been going to AG since the early 70s and would say this season is currently shaping up to the be the worst/most depressing since our last relegation from this league (98/99). Maybe you've got a longer term perspective that we are missing?

Worse than '82, worse than the early nineties, worse than under Pulis and worse than under Tinnion? I must have watched different teams back then and a different team yesterday.

First season was 84.

I am enjoying this season, well since the lad few games and we millen is tuning things around and it's just a matter of time until we are out the bottom 3 and pushing again for top hslf. Considering the mess millen had to deal with, there is no reason we can't repeat what happened when Gary took over and go on to have a decent season with a respectable finish.

Another reason I'm loving life under millen is due to the 2 seasons have been utterly depressing and in general bollocks. Despite our league positions the football and signings Johnson made were terrible and he had to go long ago, we'd be bringing bone idol journeymen like stern John and agyemang who added nothing while staying loyal to the same old donkeys

Millen has given riberio a chance that's been grabbed

Brought In two exciting loan player from spurs

Been brave and given bert his chance to shine

Playing more attacking and brave football which has brought back some excitement (ok yesterday was a blip but you can't always have it)

Made 2 good signings in stead and pitman, and the prospect of stead and maynard is mouth watering

Personally i'm more optimistic about the future than I have been for a long time under Johnson.

It's not him that makes those decisions. It's the manager and they are too blame. If the manager says he wants to sign someone and the chairman then goes off and ask someone else, that's undermining the manager,

It's like blaming hicks and gillett for Benetez signing rubbish players.

Who made those appointments Donny?

He appointed Tinnion...God bless his cotton socks,Then GJ...who got us out of league 1, then fell out with everyone it seems, and SL had a big love in with him. Then the Coppell appointment, which on paper looked good, but then he walks out for whatever reason and then SL says it's ok, he has no problem with SC...ffs. then he gives Km the job who has been working pretty much as GJ's assistant and coaching the squad, day in day out for years. Do you not think KM would have made a difference when he has been here all these years, in the capacity as Coach and assistant?

Those appointments have all been made by SL.

I'm the Chairman of my company. If my manager cocks up, the buck stops with me, because it was my judgement in appointing him. The same applies to SL.

Worse than '82, worse than the early nineties, worse than under Pulis and worse than under Tinnion? I must have watched different teams back then and a different team yesterday.

The difference being we had no money back then, we were playing kids and we didn't have the backing of a Rich Chairman.

First season was 84.

I am enjoying this season, well since the lad few games and we millen is tuning things around and it's just a matter of time until we are out the bottom 3 and pushing again for top hslf. Considering the mess millen had to deal with, there is no reason we can't repeat what happened when Gary took over and go on to have a decent season with a respectable finish.

Another reason I'm loving life under millen is due to the 2 seasons have been utterly depressing and in general bollocks. Despite our league positions the football and signings Johnson made were terrible and he had to go long ago, we'd be bringing bone idol journeymen like stern John and agyemang who added nothing while staying loyal to the same old donkeys

Playing more attacking and brave football which has brought back some excitement (ok yesterday was a blip but you can't always have it)

Made 2 good signings in stead and pitman, and the prospect of stead and maynard is mouth watering

Personally i'm more optimistic about the future than I have been for a long time under Johnson.

Your arguments get thinner and thinner. Stern John the season before had scored 20 goals for a relegated team and last night scores of QPR fans were calling for Agyemang to be a regular starter for them (and forgive me but are'nt QPR doing rather well this season) yes they were crap for us, but that is not GJ's fault they failed that happens, but journeymen and donkeys?, I think we should look in our present squad Sproule, Clarkson, Akinde and the 3 that Coppell signed fit that particular bill.

Yes this is worse than 82. 82 was the outcome from a set of circumstances that were similar to those now.

Losses, under achievement, unfulfilled potential, players who weren't up to the necessary standard and on long contracts.

Loads lost out. Think of those that tore up their contracts. Think of those unsecured creditors - the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker. All left high and dry.

And here we are again. Let's hope that the outcome isn't the same. SL though will be ok. Sure he's invested heavily but you can bet your final salary pension that he won't be an unsecured creditor when the banker comes knocking.........

Time for radical thinking?

Who made those appointments Donny?

He appointed Tinnion...God bless his cotton socks,Then GJ...who got us out of league 1, then fell out with everyone it seems, and SL had a big love in with him. Then the Coppell appointment, which on paper looked good, but then he walks out for whatever reason and then SL says it's ok, he has no problem with SC...ffs. then he gives Km the job who has been working pretty much as GJ's assistant and coaching the squad, day in day out for years. Do you not think KM would have made a difference when he has been here all these years, in the capacity as Coach and assistant?

Those appointments have all been made by SL.

I'm the Chairman of my company. If my manager cocks up, the buck stops with me, because it was my judgement in appointing him. The same applies to SL.

So he was wrong to appoint Johnson???

And he was wrong to appoint Coppell???

Boy do you love the power of hindsight!

Johnson did a great job, but then believed his own hype and lost the plot

Coppell was also a great coup....no one saw what was coming

Millen is still to early to judge, but looks promising to me

Your arguments get thinner and thinner. Stern John the season before had scored 20 goals for a relegated team and last night scores of QPR fans were calling for Agyemang to be a regular starter for them (and forgive me but are'nt QPR doing rather well this season) yes they were crap for us, but that is not GJ's fault they failed that happens, but journeymen and donkeys?, I think we should look in our present squad Sproule, Clarkson, Akinde and the 3 that Coppell signed fit that particular bill.

First season was 84.

Oh for your optimism...

GJ was a great boss - one of the best in my 40 years supporting the club. There's no way his last 2 years were depressing. Newcastle away was just over a year ago...compare the atmosphere there with whatever we'll create at Leeds...there'll be no comparison. Don't rewrite history.

This season is miserable in large part because we were promised so much by SL. Back in the 80's we accepted rubbish because as a club we had nothing. I was very happy to watch us draw away at Corinthian Casuals because it was a bloody miracle we'd survived at all. I was at Peterborough for a cup match where, if I recall correctly, 37 City fans watched Ricky Chandler score the winner. That was desperate...but fun in adversity.

I for one am fed up with promises of "jam tomorrow". For a brief moment in the run to Wembley we were actually enjoying jam today!

As I say, good on you for feeling so positive. Maybe its my age but it's not a feeling I share.

So ou believe stern and paddy were good signings for city??? did Gary fail to get the best out of them. For city they were next to useless and wastes of time and money, for someone who prided himself on his interviews. He screwed up there

The likes of clarkson and co will soon be out the door and have no future

So ou believe stern and paddy were good signings for city??? did Gary fail to get the best out of them. For city they were next to useless and wastes of time and money, for someone who prided himself on his interviews. He screwed up there

The likes of clarkson and co will soon be out the door and have no future

You are beginning to talk out of your arse now, I said they 'proved' not to be good signings. So it GJ's fault that they arrived and played with the wrong attitude. So you think that interviewing a player determines how good they are going to play and also Stern came with a pedigree he failed to live up to, but hey don't forget Roy Keane and Mr Warnock took him on after us, so does your childish anti GJ rhetoric also apply to them and I seem to remember that Agyemang scored an equaliser against us (after Haynes missed a hatrick of chances to win the game for us) and Agyemang is now a valuable and popular squad player for QPR who I believe are top of the league. Your assessment of Stern and Agyemang as being journeymen shows how little knowledge of football you have, in fact it is an ignorant view, just because they failed with us.

You are better with your snide comments about peoples spelling and grammar, you clearly know nothing about football, another plate of prawn sandwiches?

Reading some of the crap written on this thread, I despair.

Without Steve Lansdown, we'd STILL be in League 1, still signing very average journeymen, playing the likes of the sadsags, Pig Town, Bentford Torquay, Excreata City, the MK Mongs et al, still having a single decent cup run every 10 years, followed by 10 more years of huge underachievement. Wow. deep joy. Been there got that t shirt. Wanna try a new one now.

Anyone who has a REALISTIC alternative, I'd really like to hear it, I really would. I have seen enough shit football, players and managers here, in thirty years or so to last me a lifetime

SL has backed the managers (Wonderson, Tinpot, the Cockernee midget, bottler Coppell and the current incumbent) on every occasion money has been required. It aint his fault all of the above have made some spectacular cockups on the signings and loans front. thats what MANAGERS get paid for, making astute signings. They get it right sometimes, and when they get it wrong, its spectacularly wrong. We tend to the latter sadly. Chairmen back the manager, till they are clearly not an asset, then shift em out. As with what happened to Messrs Wonderson, Tinnion & Johnson.We will see if Mr Millen is the biz. SL thinks so, so we'll have to wait and see.

Bear in mind this is our fourth season in the Championship, and the spine of the team is STILL the League 1 side, few of whom had played at said level, before getting here. PLUS the fact that most of the signings made since, aint exactly set the Division alight, and you'll grasp our current prediction. No lack of effort, and finally no lack of commitment, but look at the sides around us, and there aint many like ours. Most have a good spine of good Championship standard experienced players, wether or not they were in the side before promotion to this league, or once promoted.

Despite this we have just posted a record loss, and I cant see there will be a open chequebook for a couple of years. People say we should stay at the Gate. You have your reason above why, we cannot, if we wish to remain in the Championship. clapped out ground, shit facilities, shit gates, shit players & managers. simples. The ground is past its best. most of our rivals now have better grounds. time to move on and up. its 2010, not 1990.

Yes well done Donnie...you sum up the people on here, that see everything through rose tinted glasses and don't actually read peoples posts. All these people do, is read between the lines and then find material that suits their arguement.

I'm not a negative poster...I just don't fall for the tosh spouted by the Club. SL and KM can do no wrong according to many. Well read the list of players above, to see how much money the club has wasted in the last few years.

Some people on here just want to be seen as die hard fans that think support, is just about agreeing with everything the Club says. Unbelievable...

Yes well done Donnie...you sum up the people on here, that see everything through rose tinted glasses and don't actually read peoples posts. All these people do, is read between the lines and then find material that suits their arguement.

I'm not a negative poster...I just don't fall for the tosh spouted by the Club. SL and KM can do no wrong according to many. Well read the list of players above, to see how much money the club has wasted in the last few years.

Some people on here just want to be seen as die hard fans that think support, is just about agreeing with everything the Club says. Unbelievable...

If you think I'm totally pro everything the club or SL does then you clearly haven't read many of my posts, even on this thread a number of people hammer me for my dislike of Johnson and how lansdown screwed up by not giving Gary the boot sooner!

I just think things are going in the right direction at the moment

Bottom line is, You have slated millen and lansdown and have avoided DIRECT questions asking what you would recommend lansdown should do? And how he should do it?

It's ok to have a view against the majority, but you need to have some substance to it, people may or may not like my views on matters but I have explained in detail why I have them, Esmond bung disagrees with my views but has the ability to explain why......we disagree with each others views but I respect that he backs up why he thinks I'm wrong.

You just moan, moan, moan with no substance .......lowest of low in my book......

I'm really not suprised....The level of intelect on here, is way above many posters heads. Talk about Cidered up Wurzels... no wonder everyone takes the piss out of us. :rolleyes:

Ironically that makes no sense to me!!

Spudski, you say you're not negative but I'm afraid you definitely come across that way - in fact you're so bad sometimes that I would swear you're on the wind up. I completely disagree with most things you write and to blame Lansdown for Gary Johnson's signings and Coppell losing his nerve is madness in my eyes. I also think Millen will prove to be a success, but that's just opinions for you I suppose.

Chin up!!

If you think I'm totally pro everything the club or SL does then you clearly haven't read many of my posts, even on this thread a number of people hammer me for my dislike of Johnson and how lansdown screwed up by not giving Gary the boot sooner!

I just think things are going in the right direction at the moment

Bottom line is, You have slated millen and lansdown and have avoided DIRECT questions asking what you would recommend lansdown should do? And how he should do it?

It's ok to have a view against the majority, but you need to have some substance to it, people may or may not like my views on matters but I have explained in detail why I have them, Esmond bung disagrees with my views but has the ability to explain why......we disagree with each others views but I respect that he backs up why he thinks I'm wrong.

You just moan, moan, moan with no substance .......lowest of low in my book......

Mate....Read my post FFS. I've suggested all the way through that SL should bring in some help, to make footballing decisions. As to who, I don't know who he would want to work with, or how much money he wants to burn. But he's wasted money big time on players. So bringing in someone he can work alongside with a history of good footballing judgements, would make sense. Not a coach...not another manager, but someone at boardroom level, who knows football. Does that make sense now?

Archived