IGNORED

Forum

spudski

The OP makes a great observation. I too was getting fed up with the amount of crap written on here, so I decided to start blocking posts by some of those who's opinions/comments are just out to lunch.

It makes a more better reading seeing the message "You have chosen to ignore all posts by....:dancing2: .".

What a hypocrite, your the 1 who was dishing out the personal insults calling me a efing idiot if i remember rightly? unbelivable.

If you read my original post on this thread, I said i was no angel.

I retaliated to you calling me an idiot in a previous thread... I had responded to your question reasonably and honestly and you chose to take the piss and call me an Idiot. (See the cut and paste below) Yes, i retaliated to you and it was childish on my part. I should have just ignored you instead.

Quote...

Group:

Members Posts:

656 Joined:

16-September 10 Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

spudski, on 16 November 2010 - 10:36 AM, said:

Hi mate...I've not said there is unrest in the changing room. And, I do not speculate...and yes...you do not know my position? I don't profess to know the goings on at Ashton Gate. But, I'm fortunate enough, to hear about certain goings on at Clubs, as i have a relative who is a football agent, two friends as Football Coaches in the League, and another who works for Manchester Utd Academy. Another worked for the FA until recently, but has since left. I hear a lot of things. A lot of Bullshit...But also some very interesting stuff. I don't hear massive amounts about City tbh, but the bits i do get, have all come true.

As they say...there is no smoke without fire. It will all come out in the wash soon...But not from me.

All said in good faith.

Original Reds response....

And i happen to be friends with Simon Cowell!

(Idiot)

This is strange i was talking to me son earlier on how negative this forum has become, people seem to come here just to make sly comments and slag eachother off.

I recently put my first thread on here and got alot of bad replies because they didnt really read the headline properly. all i wanted was to make a discussion but a few had to make silly comments. It Makes me feel like not posting on this forum again. after 40 odd years of following city i got alot of things to say but i feel i just cant be assed on here.

maybe the negative times under gary johnson has caught on permanently to this forum, thats when all this bitching seemed to have begun.

in the old days we used to just go to the game, win or lose we would go back down the pub, discuss the game, get on with life. Theirs no need for all these arguments.

Say someone makes a new thread about not liking a player. why cant we just share our own opinions on that player/manager or anything else. all you have to do is just say you disagree and give your views. no need for all these bad personal comments.

looking forward for saturdays game, i will be singing me head off again

COYR

have to agree with a lot of this.. i am a recent NEWBIE and that alone tends to make OLDIE posters dismiss or ignore anything said and only respond to their cronies ,, i may be a NEWBIE to the forum but since watching city from the 60s brian clark etc, i have seen more and probably know more about city than a lot of spotty computer nerd types who rant on here, i am only a newbie to computers not to city ,as probably a lot of new posters are....it seems like a lot of you know each other and just squabble amongst yourselves and dont use the forum for what its meant .

have to agree with a lot of this.. i am a recent NEWBIE and that alone tends to make OLDIE posters dismiss or ignore anything said and only respond to their cronies ,, i may be a NEWBIE to the forum but since watching city from the 60s brian clark etc, i have seen more and probably know more about city than a lot of spotty computer nerd types who rant on here, i am only a newbie to computers not to city ,as probably a lot of new posters are....it seems like a lot of you know each other and just squabble amongst yourselves and dont use the forum for what its meant .

Spot on. they get togeather in there little groups and try to intimidate you, its been happening to me ever since i joined this forum and its continued from there! I think the people at the top should scrap this post count and dates when joined as it makes the "newbies" feel un wanted. i mean "newbie" who wants to be called that?

Too few thought out posts making interesting points, too many clever people turning every other thread into a Robbored bashing session oblivious to the fact that he absolutely loves it.

agree with that.....unfortunately there is a number of trolls who will use the past as a reason to abuse someone's current views, not just against Rob, but others people too.

Spot on. they get togeather in there little groups and try to intimidate you, its been happening to me ever since i joined this forum and its continued from there! I think the people at the top should scrap this post count and dates when joined as it makes the "newbies" feel un wanted. i mean "newbie" who wants to be called that?

I think you should take it up with your local MP. There all a disgrace. Someone tell this geezer to get a grip. Man i feel sorry for u in real life if something this trivial gets to you that much.

I think you should take it up with your local MP. There all a disgrace. Someone tell this geezer to get a grip. Man i feel sorry for u in real life if something this trivial gets to you that much.

No need to feel sorry for me fella, i live a fantastic life and im generally held in high regard by most people, but what i dont take kindly to is people abusing others, violating them and being nasty, theres no place for it in my world and there never has so i'll put a few egos in place if i have to!

OTIB has gone hugely down hill. Just read through this thread and you get the answer to the original poster.

It's pathetic, OTIB is simply a forum for people to fire abuse at each other hidden behind their keyboards.

And the cliques that form on here....if your not 'respected' you have to say something controversial or aggressive to get a response, too many regulars ignore reasonable posts.

That's my opinion, I come on here only a few times a week now, and know plenty others who can't be bothered either, real shame.

OTIB has gone hugely down hill. Just read through this thread and you get the answer to the original poster.

It's pathetic, OTIB is simply a forum for people to fire abuse at each other hidden behind their keyboards.

And the cliques that form on here....if your not 'respected' you have to say something controversial or aggressive to get a response, too many regulars ignore reasonable posts.

That's my opinion, I come on here only a few times a week now, and know plenty others who can't be bothered either, real shame.

Internet Forum alter ego's are the curse of the 21st century. Personally I know that whatever is typed on my keyboard is pretty much what would actually come out of my actual mouth. The luxury the Internet affords is that you can be as hard, gay, fat, angry, rude, ignorant or honest as you like, and no-one will discover the real you unless you decide to meet them face to face. People let their alter ego have the radical opinion, then react badly with their real ego when someone has the temerity to argue with them.

No need to feel sorry for me fella, i live a fantastic life and im generally held in high regard by most people, but what i dont take kindly to is people abusing others, violating them and being nasty, theres no place for it in my world and there never has so i'll put a few egos in place if i have to!

You do that fella.

Yes, it's going downhill. It has been doing so slowly for a long while. It's a consequence of having increasing member numbers and the internet being more and more pervasive.

Too few thought out posts making interesting points, too many clever people turning every other thread into a Robbored bashing session oblivious to the fact that he absolutely loves it.

And no, it's not the mods fault before someone suggests that, posters ought to police themselves a bit more.

As usual Nibor, to the point.

One of the reason the real BCFC debaters have long gone. I log on to see what is going on, and do put my pennysworth in at times, but nothing like 4/5 years ago where you could have some really engaging debate with City fans.

Shame, but outside of yourself and a handful of others, the forum has lost its touch mate

Ron the second?

Actually I know Ron! He is at least intelligent!

As usual Nibor, to the point.

One of the reason the real BCFC debaters have long gone. I log on to see what is going on, and do put my pennysworth in at times, but nothing like 4/5 years ago where you could have some really engaging debate with City fans.

Shame, but outside of yourself and a handful of others, the forum has lost its touch mate

Well said

Archived