IGNORED

East End Racist Chants - Wtf?

Martyn Hocking

As you said you do hear far worse. But by accepting this marking you're allowing those muppets who want to be controversial and say worse stuff to get away with it. Teenagers in the stands can grow up believing it's acceptable to single out Asian communities (or others) as being different. That get's interpretted the wrong way (and if nothing else in this thread you know that people do see these things differently) then it can lead to worse.

That means from being a young fan at the City ground you could grow up hating Asian people, Welsh people, Northern people, Cockneys and any other team who play outside Bristol. Ridiculous comment.

Though I can't speak for every poster on this forum, I have on a few occasions tried to pull SC_RED and Esmond Millions Bung up on the personal abuse they dish out to robbored including the use of the word ginge.

Why is he actually strawberry blonde?.

is'nt it pathetic RR has never accused me of being abusive, because I never have and I can't ever recall you reprimanding me for this non existent abuse, but you see fit to speak on his behalf. You are the worst sort of PC brigade poking your nose in where it's not wanted.

i'm sure RR is very proud of his hair colour.

Though I can't speak for every poster on this forum, I have on a few occasions tried to pull SC_RED and Esmond Millions Bung up on the personal abuse they dish out to robbored including the use of the word ginge.

good shout m8 funny how the mods never pull them for that yet use a omg or tbh u get a warning for the dreaded text chat

Why is he actually strawberry blonde?.

is'nt it pathetic RR has never accused me of being abusive, because I never have and I can't ever recall you reprimanding me for this non existent abuse, but you see fit to speak on his behalf. You are the worst sort of PC brigade poking your nose in where it's not wanted.

i'm sure RR is very proud of his hair colour.

RR has accused you of such a thing many times, both of you. I've said on hundreds of occasions that I disagree with him.

How about you grow up and use real arguments to show him to be a liar and an overexxagerating attention seeker? why does his hair colour, weight, looks or anything else have to be a factor in your agenda?

and the reason I "put my nose in where it isn't wanted" is because your constant bickering and turning every thread into an "anti robbo" thread is ruining the forum for more than just me.

don't turn this thread into that too, I responded truthfully to a question from Dez. You and SC_RED do follow him around abusing him. that's a proveable fact.

RR has accused you of such a thing many times, both of you. I've said on hundreds of occasions that I disagree with him.

How about you grow up and use real arguments to show him to be a liar and an overexxagerating attention seeker? why does his hair colour, weight, looks or anything else have to be a factor in your agenda?

and the reason I "put my nose in where it isn't wanted" is because your constant bickering and turning every thread into an "anti robbo" thread is ruining the forum for more than just me.

don't turn this thread into that too, I responded truthfully to a question from Dez. You and SC_RED do follow him around abusing him. that's a proveable fact.

OK Colombo show me the evidence of RR accusing me of abusing him, that would be a provable fact, show me where I have actually called him a liar, made a comment about his weight, more provable facts. of course it suits your pathetic agenda to make accusations now back them up, it also suits your agenda that I bicker but RR dosen't. Put up or shut up.

OK Colombo show me the evidence of RR accusing me of abusing him, that would be a provable fact, show me where I have actually called him a liar, made a comment about his weight, more provable facts. of course it suits your pathetic agenda to make accusations now back them up, it also suits your agenda that I bicker but RR dosen't. Put up or shut up.

most of the insults and jibes come from your sidekick, and in the last thread of robboreds making you seemed more willing to discuss properly, you do however feel the need to call him ginge all the time, which in the context of the posting is belittling(or attempting to be)

to be honest, I dont care. It has nothing to do with this thread. I apologise for merging you and SC_RED into the same poster, seems in my mind you are both as bad as each other.

that has proven to be unfounded, (bar the unneccassary "ginge" jibes)

My apologies.

most of the insults and jibes come from your sidekick, and in the last thread of robboreds making you seemed more willing to discuss properly, you do however feel the need to call him ginge all the time, which in the context of the posting is belittling(or attempting to be)

to be honest, I dont care. It has nothing to do with this thread. I apologise for merging you and SC_RED into the same poster, seems in my mind you are both as bad as each other.

that has proven to be unfounded, (bar the unneccassary "ginge" jibes)

My apologies.

2 things to end this, SC Red is not and has never been my side kick, I haven't got a clue who he is and however RR has ginger hair that is a fact, the only mention RR has made to me calling him ginge is trying to find out if I went to school with him because his close friends call him ginge, he seems quite cool with it but you seem to have set yourself up as RR's moral guardian and whilst we are on this subject I have never even called anyone on this forum a nasty piece of work, but hey i'm probably bickering again.

You never give out abuse, fall down the stairs guy who threw his toys out of the pram last week you gave him loads, what a hypacrit you really are.

And it's a landmark 100th post from me.... :tongue:

What I'll say is what's right for one, aint for the other.

You've got your views and I have mine, and I aint racist.

Here's a true story for you all though, and before all of you PC brigade jump on it and attempt to make me see the error of my ways and show me the light, try to understand it.

A few years ago I was stood in the queue to check back into Bristol Airport with 8 of my mates, we had just had a few jolly ones on the plane and were in good spirits. We were discussing about how to go about continuing our fortnight long session when we got back to my mates gaff which was where we all used to hang out. "What about getting any booze?" someone said "It's 7 in the morning, we won't be able to get any" (This was before all night licensing) I piped up with "No problem, we'll go down Stapleton Rd and buy it off the Pakis, they'll definitely serve us" With that one of my muckers gave me that look which made me realise something was afoot. I looked around and stood right next to us was a family of.....erm...for want of a better word Pakis (although they could have been Indies). I immediately said Im ever so sorry, I didn't mean anything by it, to which one said No problem, you won't be able to buy it from the English. Cue- smiles all round and no harm done.

I never meant any malicious intent with what I said and that was understood and we had a bit of banter about corner shops, lazy English etc etc and it was all done in 100% good humour. We went to Stapleton Rd, bought our cider and went and got hammered.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you verbalise something like this in a certain way then you shouldn't be told by others what you REALLY meant when you didn't.

(Dave L)

If some want to rip my post to pieces, then feel free.

Isn't the English language colourful? :shutup:

And WTF are you harping on about, who has mentioned thumping anyone, and get an oringinal name you jumped up muppett. DAFARMS

Is that reference to "harping" a reference to my Welsh heritage??!!

If so, I object to the racist undertones / stereotypes that your comments imply...I can't even play the harp!! :argh:

Shame on you!!... you have hurt my feelings!!... :englandsmile4wf: <<<< Flag of peace??... :laugh:!!

As for the name, if it wasn't original I wouldn't have been able to register it on the site would I, so who's the MUPPETT now??!!

DAFARMYARD :innocent06:

The Club itself is discriminating against my religion as I can not enter the East End without purchasing membership.

Tim, dont you realise you are precisely the sort of no-gooder that is no longer welcome at Ashton Gate?

You aren't a racist, but why aren't you on here proving you're not? Can't you at least say something like " chanting where is your poppadom is racist - End Of?"

Who cares about the East End - tut tut, Wedlock- anyway?

Where are your middle class values? Where is your money?

And it's a landmark 100th post from me.... :tongue:

What I'll say is what's right for one, aint for the other.

You've got your views and I have mine, and I aint racist.

Here's a true story for you all though, and before all of you PC brigade jump on it and attempt to make me see the error of my ways and show me the light, try to understand it.

A few years ago I was stood in the queue to check back into Bristol Airport with 8 of my mates, we had just had a few jolly ones on the plane and were in good spirits. We were discussing about how to go about continuing our fortnight long session when we got back to my mates gaff which was where we all used to hang out. "What about getting any booze?" someone said "It's 7 in the morning, we won't be able to get any" (This was before all night licensing) I piped up with "No problem, we'll go down Stapleton Rd and buy it off the Pakis, they'll definitely serve us" With that one of my muckers gave me that look which made me realise something was afoot. I looked around and stood right next to us was a family of.....erm...for want of a better word Pakis (although they could have been Indies). I immediately said Im ever so sorry, I didn't mean anything by it, to which one said No problem, you won't be able to buy it from the English. Cue- smiles all round and no harm done.

I never meant any malicious intent with what I said and that was understood and we had a bit of banter about corner shops, lazy English etc etc and it was all done in 100% good humour. We went to Stapleton Rd, bought our cider and went and got hammered.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you verbalise something like this in a certain way then you shouldn't be told by others what you REALLY meant when you didn't.

(Dave L)

If some want to rip my post to pieces, then feel free.

Isn't the English language colourful? :shutup:

I don't doubt you're not racist but using the word Paki has racist overtones, Paki bashing etc, which is possibly why your mates alerted you that you were possibly being offensive and why political correctness came in. If anything you were being politically incorrect.

This thread should be moved as we've moved many miles away from the original thread point of whether singing 'Naan Bread, Naan bread....' on Saturday was a racist or not. It wasn't.

Interestingly enough, it does highlight the power of one. The thread on Foxes talk was over 9 pages long, and ONE person in the middle said 'I couldn't believe the racist chanting from the Brizzle fans', to which NOT ONE foxes fan replied to or even backed up. Yet here we are having this massive introspection into the behaviour of our fans. I think i might go on a blades forum Saturday evening and see if i can spark a similar over reaction.

Essentially this boils down to a difference of opinion and we will just have to respect each others. I take great pride in my attitude, personal conduct and behaviour toward others and i most certainly do not feel embarassed, ashamed or guilty for any wrong doing as a consequence of anything i heard on Saturday.

Time to move on kids.

So the next time i hear "Who's the B*****d in the Black " or "You Dont know what your doing" i am questioning the parentage of the Individual and his dress sense and his mental abilities? thats it then after supporting the city since 1968 I am officially a dinosour, no more humour at football for me, What time does the sanitised library open?

Blimey this thread is still going strong as several posters race to the moral high ground.

I have to say that in all my years following the club the most offensive and in my view disgusting racist chants I have heard were aimed at the welsh following the Aberfan disaster.

Sickened me to hear such comments, and about as bad as it gets in my view.

Blimey this thread is still going strong as several posters race to the moral high ground.

I have to say that in all my years following the club the most offensive and in my view disgusting racist chants I have heard were aimed at the welsh following the Aberfan disaster.

Sickened me to hear such comments, and about as bad as it gets in my view.

Your getting onto the whole "what is race" issue there again, if singing that is racist, then singing small town in wales is racist, the same as singing small down in asia is deemed racist.

Some Songs i have heard following City:

Small town in Asia: (Racist to Asians?)

We hate Cockneys (Racist to ppl from London?)

We hate Brummies (Racist to ppl from Birmingham?)

Hands up if you hate the Welsh (Racist to ppl from Wales?)

You fat b****** ahghhhh (Racist to fat ppl?)

You couldn't score in a brothel (Racist to Brothel workers, hello girls at the honeypot?)

Sheepshaggers (Racist to sheep?)

Millwall, song i cant read, i cant write (Racist and really uncomfortable if your a farmer and sat in the ground?)

No difference to me and laughable how its ok to sing shite town in Scotland to Boro fans because there near Scotland, but you cant sing shite down in Asia to Leicester fans because its 1000 of miles away. What about Scottish people who im sure there are many who follow City, i bet they were really upset when they heard the chants or dont that count, but it does count if your Asian and you hear shite town in Asia you can then be offended because this is racist. I dont get it.

Archived