IGNORED

East End Racist Chants - Wtf?

Martyn Hocking

Some Songs i have heard following City:

Small town in Asia: (Racist to Asians?)

We hate Cockneys (Racist to ppl from London?)

We hate Brummies (Racist to ppl from Birmingham?)

Hands up if you hate the Welsh (Racist to ppl from Wales?)

You fat b****** ahghhhh (Racist to fat ppl?)

You couldn't score in a brothel (Racist to Brothel workers, hello girls at the honeypot?)

Sheepshaggers (Racist to sheep?)

Millwall, song i cant read, i cant write (Racist and really uncomfortable if your a farmer and sat in the ground?)

No difference to me and laughable how its ok to sing shite town in Scotland to Boro fans because there near Scotland, but you cant sing shite down in Asia to Leicester fans because its 1000 of miles away. What about Scottish people who im sure there are many who follow City, i bet they were really upset when they heard the chants or dont that count, but it does count if your Asian and you hear shite town in Asia you can then be offended because this is racist. I dont get it.

and all of those will be heard at a football ground around the country tomorrow.

If people were singing "I'd rather be a paki than a taff" THEN they may have something to complain about.

Personally think DaveL has made this a bigger issue that it was through his blog, the vast majority of people I'd say had no clue that it was sung at the weekend and now it's just been publicised on a much bigger scale. Surprised that the EP haven't jumped on the story to be honest.

"Racist City fans make Leicester kids cry" followed by comments of City spokesman DaveL condons blah blah blah!

Is that reference to "harping" a reference to my Welsh heritage??!!

If so, I object to the racist undertones / stereotypes that your comments imply...I can't even play the harp!! :argh:

Shame on you!!... you have hurt my feelings!!... :englandsmile4wf: <<<< Flag of peace??... :laugh:!!

As for the name, if it wasn't original I wouldn't have been able to register it on the site would I, so who's the MUPPETT now??!!

DAFARMYARD :innocent06:

Sorry my welsh cousin, but you still haven't answered my question about who mention thumping anyone, and also Dafarms, is half Dafarmyard, so I do believe you have copied part of my name, but who cares, eh, your welcome.

I also find iit offensive when people sing about my family, just because -

My brothers in borstal, and My sister got pots,

My mothers a prositute down Avonmouth docks,

My uncles a pervert, and my aunty's gone mad,

and Stoney Garnett's my dad.

Really not happy.

do you really think that saying "i'm going to the pakis to buy a loaf of bread" is ok?

yes it is racist, yes you are a bigot. Just because a FICTIONAL CHARACTER from the 80's says something does not mean it is acceptable or right.

Using the argument that 'Paki' is just a shortened term for 'Pakistani' is all well and good but it's wrong to use these words because the WAY in which they are used. The term 'Pom'is used lightheartedly. 'Paki' is very often used in actual racist and xenophopic abuse.

You have massively contradicted yourself there. You state that because the word paki is used in a racist way then the word is inherantly racist, but go on to say that a word which is used in a lighthearted way is not racist, both can be used in lighthearted ways, and both can be used in racist ways, a word cannot possibly on it's own be inherantly racist or not, as you have identified it's the way in which it's used. Go to some parts of OZ and the term pom, is most definately not used in a lighthearted way.

So saying "i'm just nipping down the paki's to get a loaf of bread" is not racist, if it was "i'm just nipping down the dirty ******* paki's to get a loaf of bread" then that would be racist. Words are not and can not ever be on their own racist, they way in which they are used is what makes them racist.

You can call your mates f'ing ***** when they do something stupid, say in in an agressive manner to someone and the same words are immediately offensive.

I think I've seen your point - and I'm afraid I've demolished it. Taunting Aussies isn't racist. End of.

I'm not sure that comment really helps, even if it is technically accurate.

If one suggests being an Aussie makes you a lesser person, then surely that's just as offensive to the recipient of the abuse.

The fact I grew up in England and I'm Bristolian is far more important to me than the fact I have very dark hair and might have Mediterranean DNA somewhere along the line (my racial background).

Archived