IGNORED

Celebrating Music When We Score

CiderArmyy

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but don't you think we should have some celebratory music when we score just to build the atmopshere and make it just a bit more daunting for away fans?

Theres nothing worse I feel then going to away games, everyone celebrating around you and on top of that blazing out music. But what could we have? (NOT THE WURZELS)

Was trialed a few seasons back but when everyone in the Dolman jumped in unison it shook ever so slightly, and although it was safety inspected and passed as 100% safe some of the domanites remained nervous so it was opted that music wouldn't be played after a goal...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but don't you think we should have some celebratory music when we score just to build the atmopshere and make it just a bit more daunting for away fans?

Theres nothing worse I feel then going to away games, everyone celebrating around you and on top of that blazing out music. But what could we have? (NOT THE WURZELS)

I think most of the City fans prefer no music, and also it's always the same music played at the other grounds.

We did have the Fratellis at one point, but he Dolman almost fell down because of it !!

Like most posters on this forum I'd prefer every City goal to be celebrated by the sound of thousands of fans cheering. However I also remember at places like Ipswich where they always play music after Town goals the fans joining in with la la laing along to the tune and it does seem to rub it in that they've scored. The team take to the field whilst "Singing the blues" booms out of the PA system and again the fans join in with singing that, so music seems to work at Portman Road.

Ice hockey always features organ music after goals and some other features of the game whilst rugby does without. Twenty20 cricket has batsmen coming into bat to the sound of their favourite tune whilst they leave the field to other music. Speedway features instrumental tunes prior to the start of each heat, but that is a means of increasing the excitement, although if Crump, Harris, Anderson & Gollob are riding in the same heat, anticipation is already there.

Almost. I think the most tacky thing is when the announcer shouts the goalscorers first name and the crowd shout back his surname. Arsenal amongst others do it and I cringe every time.

Especially when you know and can tell Arsenal players don't really like a certain player if they score knowing that their sh** :tumbleweed:

No chance!

How embarrassing is it to have to cheer to music! When we went to Ipswich and they all started dancing when they scored I felt so sorry for them. Can't they celebrate on their own?

This isn't USA and there is NOTHING BORING ABOUT A MASSIVE CHEER! (and a bit of "Who are you?")

A resounding 'no'. Hope we never, ever see the day again where we have music after a goal.

It was particularly bad when the music came on in the last minute against Man City even though the goal had been disallowed - and it ran for a good ten seconds too before whoever was in charge of it managed to turn it off. Embarrassing.

Last season at Coventry their music was played and had to be cut short because the goal was disallowed - hilarious!

No to music! We don't need it.

Archived