IGNORED

Games You'd Like To Relive

westred1

I was thinking that after experiencing the last minute equaliser against QPR monday that a feeling like that is amazing and I'd love to experience that feeling again. The same feeling occurred when we equalised against Leeds at Elland Road and many other games in the past like 5-4 win at mansfield and the fa cup matches v Middlesbrough.

If you could relive a match or a moment which would it be and why?

Well there's been quite a few, but I guess the most emotionally charged one was away to Coventry May 1977.

We both needed a point to stay up in what was then 1st division, as long as Sunderland lost in their game that evening.

Because of traffic and large away support the game kicked off 15 mins late. We were at 2-2 when the Sunderland result came through, they had lost to Everton.

The last few minutes were quite bizarre. Neither team wanted the ball and all players more or less stopped playing.

The ref eventually blew up a bit early I think when it was obvious the contest had long gone out of the game and every one wanted it to end.

There then followed a mass pitch invasion from both sets of very happy fans!

We both survived for another season in the top flight!

I would like to relive the League cup semi final second leg against Forest.

Only this time Walshy's late in the game shot wouldn't hit the post but would go in and we would go on and have a great day at Wembley and maybe our first and only major trophy.

The first leg was pretty special as well.

Only this time Walshy's late in the game shot wouldn't hit the post but would go in and we would go on and have a great day at Wembley and maybe our first and only major trophy.

Good shout. We would have beaten Luton in that final.

I was thinking that after experiencing the last minute equaliser against QPR monday that a feeling like that is amazing and I'd love to experience that feeling again. The same feeling occurred when we equalised against Leeds at Elland Road and many other games in the past like 5-4 win at mansfield and the fa cup matches v Middlesbrough.

If you could relive a match or a moment which would it be and why?

One of the best turn arounds I ever saw was at Mansfield. 1-0 down, 2-1 up, 4-2 down. Mansfield beauts singing "Can we play yuou every week". Only about 3 minutes to go.........bugger.......A few people leaving, probably trying to beat the traffic.............then........4-3 Tinman! Then 4-4 Lita It just couldn't get better than this! What a day out it's been.......

Ball goes out for a City throw and the Mansfield crowd start returning the ball back towards the pitch, then lob it back up to the top of the enclosure again......timewasting kn*bs! Ref adds a final few seconds on for the pi** taking, Christian Roberts picks up the ball well outside the box then lets a screamer go...........cue the complete breakdown of Mansfield's testosterone filled chavs!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable, if you were there you'll know what I mean. If you weren't there, watch the classic highlights on the main site. Outstanding!

I sat in the traffic jam getting out of the Field Mill for a good 20 minutes, just repeating the word "Unbelievable......". When we pulled in to some random services on some motorway later on, I told my lad & his mate that they are unlikely to see another City game like that in their lives.........just remember that you were there!

I know that there'll be (and have been) other memorable City games, but this will stay with me as a bit of a good day out.

COYR

One of the best turn arounds I ever saw was at Mansfield. 1-0 down, 2-1 up, 4-2 down. Mansfield beauts singing "Can we play yuou every week". Only about 3 minutes to go.........bugger.......A few people leaving, probably trying to beat the traffic.............then........4-3 Tinman! Then 4-4 Lita It just couldn't get better than this! What a day out it's been.......

Ball goes out for a City throw and the Mansfield crowd start returning the ball back towards the pitch, then lob it back up to the top of the enclosure again......timewasting kn*bs! Ref adds a final few seconds on for the pi** taking, Christian Roberts picks up the ball well outside the box then lets a screamer go...........cue the complete breakdown of Mansfield's testosterone filled chavs!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable, if you were there you'll know what I mean. If you weren't there, watch the classic highlights on the main site. Outstanding!

I sat in the traffic jam getting out of the Field Mill for a good 20 minutes, just repeating the word "Unbelievable......". When we pulled in to some random services on some motorway later on, I told my lad & his mate that they are unlikely to see another City game like that in their lives.........just remember that you were there!

I know that there'll be (and have been) other memorable City games, but this will stay with me as a bit of a good day out.

COYR

It was incredible! I was mascot for the game and remember Ashton Kate telling me at 4-2 that if we lost I'd be walking home! City never let me down :winner_third_h4h:

I remember that one too. Away to Forest at that time was quite a big fixture for us and a LC semi final as well, made for a great evening trip to the City ground.

Had been looking forward to the game for ages and the excitement inside the ground was almost tangible!

We took the lead quite early and I remember from then on just wanting the game to be over as we hung on to a 0-1 lead!

Unfortunately they eventually got the equaliser, a bit flukey I recall, which was disappointing. But nevertheless a great result which set up a thrilling 2nd leg which we narrowly lost, and as you say if only that shot from Walshy had gone in!

Well there's been quite a few, but I guess the most emotionally charged one was away to Coventry May 1977.

We both needed a point to stay up in what was then 1st division, as long as Sunderland lost in their game that evening.

Because of traffic and large away support the game kicked off 15 mins late. We were at 2-2 when the Sunderland result came through, they had lost to Everton.

The last few minutes were quite bizarre. Neither team wanted the ball and all players more or less stopped playing.

The ref eventually blew up a bit early I think when it was obvious the contest had long gone out of the game and every one wanted it to end.

There then followed a mass pitch invasion from both sets of very happy fans!

We both survived for another season in the top flight!

Oh Man.........thanks for the reminder of this one. Me & my mate started at the Railway Tavern in Charfield in the morning, then got a lift from my girlfriend (jeez now she WAS a good one and grubby with it!!) to Wotton to get a Jenkins coach to Cov. 2-0 down........we're done for. 2-2 and we could survive. THEN, Jimmy hill got the Everton / Sunderland result announced on the tannoy. Sunderland had lost so if our game stayed at 2-2, us and Cov were safe. Er....a no brainer then!

Thanks for the reminder.......and the memory jogger about the drop dead gorgeous Jaqui! Cheers

COYR

My mates and I were in Nottingham that weekend and spent all that morning dithering over whether to go or not...

...we decided not to!!

DOH!!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Mind you, knowing our driver at the time, we'd probably have had to leave after 85 minutes. :whistle2:

Only 16years old so limited number of games to pick but Hartlepool in play-offs. Soo young but such an awesome atmosphere and Palace in the play-offs as well, most memorable night. Says something about our club really though that our recent successes are then proceeded by huge failure and disappointment :/

beating the red scouse at anfield was the very best feeling i've ever had as a bristol city fan. dad let me take the day off school, we went up on the coach and it was my first visit to anfield. i'd have settled for a loss but tinman had other ideas. still get goose bumps when i remember being lifted what seemed like 40feet in the air as we scored. Fell asleep on dads lap on the coach home, absolutely euphoric but bloody knackered, dreaming about us winning the cup. great memories that make all the difficult times supporting the city inconsequential.

So many....

Manfiled away

Palarse play offs both legs

Hartlepool 2nd leg

Reading away 3-0 on a Friday night mattews scoring

Milwall at home the the week after (?) 2-1

Rotherham at home

1-1 away the gas

3-0 at home to gas (paint pot trophy)

But......

The one game I could live over and over and again is Cardiff away 1-0 down que 3 goals in 5 minutes and that celebration from Murray and me going mental.

I'll always remember on that BBC hooligan program when the 3rd goal goes in and you just here the roar from the city fans EPIC :englandsmile4wf:

So many....

Manfiled away

Palarse play offs both legs

Hartlepool 2nd leg

Reading away 3-0 on a Friday night mattews scoring

Milwall at home the the week after (?) 2-1

Rotherham at home

1-1 away the gas

3-0 at home to gas (paint pot trophy)

But......

The one game I could live over and over and again is Cardiff away 1-0 down que 3 goals in 5 minutes and that celebration from Murray and me going mental.

I'll always remember on that BBC hooligan program when the 3rd goal goes in and you just here the roar from the city fans EPIC :englandsmile4wf:

And the baaaadiff fans going "FOR **** SAKE", makes it all better.

This game stands out to me too it was fantastic traveling up the M5 and virtualy evrery car that over took our coach had city scarfs hanging out the windows. Any idea of the attendance and how many we took?

Archived