IGNORED

Craig Bellamy Arrested

Maesknoll Red

Bellamy - not a bloke I would have any time for at all.

Problem is, his reputation goes before him and I'm sure every bloke who's had a few beers and sees Bellamy out in town is going to have a few words for him.

Add a short fuse to the mix .......

I've got quite a lot of time for him actually. No need to hate, you don't even know him.

Building a better future in Sierra Leone

In 2008 Craig Bellamy founded Sierra Leoneʼs first professional football academy and a unique nationwide youth development league to empower a new generation of talent to change their own and their communities lives for the better.

Craigʼs journey

Out of this initial hope was born the Craig Bellamy Foundation. A charity founded by Craig to offer the children of Sierra Leone the right to dream

In 2007 Welsh International football star Craig Bellamy visited a friend in the West African nation of Sierra Leone. Best known for its "blood diamonds" and nine year violent civil war Craig saw through the devastation, poverty and desperation and saw the potential for a project that could offer hope. Out of this initial hope was born the Craig Bellamy Foundation. A charity founded by Craig to offer the children of Sierra Leone the right to dream. Using the one thing Craig knows and loves, football, the project has been designed to inspire positive personal and social development through the power of sport.

The Foundation now boasts a network of nation-wide football development leagues with 1,600 registered members, aged 10-14. Further leagues for girls and the differently-abled will be implemented later in 2010. Alongside the league and opening in May 2010 is a state of the art football academy designed to offer the best in coaching and education. Underpining the project is a desire to offer hope to all that encounter the Craig Bellamy Foundation and to offer the children of Sierra Leone the opportunity to reach their full potential.

You don't know the man.

http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

http://www.guardian....manchester-city

http://www.timesonli...icle3876373.ece

Save your hate for people that deserve it maybe.

EDIT Apologies Economu didnt see your post.

Anyway just to add, the report says 2 people assaulted. So Bellamy randomly assaulted 2 people? Is it possible they were the agitators and got what they were looking for but not the result?

Your mate must have been drunk, he's not even close.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-football/2011/01/12/craig-bellamy-arrested-over-alleged-assault-91466-27975595/

It was in the street not in a pub and the two men involved were in their 20s.

Get a new mate. That one is a bit of a ****.

Yep, well nothing new if hes from Cardiff!

Nah he was in somewhere called Eden Lounge apparently. (I've never heard of it)

Kitty Flynns aint open until 2am (great pub though!)

Problem is that Craig is a very big name, very recognisable and has a reputation. I know he doesn't take well to being approached. Fair enough perhaps, but I've met loads of sports stars and actors in Cardiff and most seem very friendly.

El Hadji Diouf also has a foundation helping disavantaged children in Senegal and United Kingdom, i take it you think he's a nice bloke aswell? those of you who are supporting Bellamy.

El Hadji Diouf is from Senegal so I dont think his motives are anywhere near as selfless as Bellamy's, plus from what I have read Bellamy is far more directly involved and financially contributes to his foundation.

And I'm not aware of Bellamy spitting at fans and players on several ocassions, making racist comments, mocking a guy with a broken leg, disrespecting honourable fellow pros, and so on.

I think most of us would agree El Hadji Diouf is scum, whereas I don't see too much wrong with Bellamy.

Put it another way, I would imagine we would all be embarrassed if El Hadji Diouf played for City, whereas Bellamy would probably soon become a fans favourite.

El Hadji Diouf is from Senegal so I dont think his motives are anywhere near as selfless as Bellamy's, plus from what I have read Bellamy is far more directly involved and financially contributes to his foundation.

And I'm not aware of Bellamy spitting at fans and players on several ocassions, making racist comments, mocking a guy with a broken leg, disrespecting honourable fellow pros, and so on.

I think most of us would agree El Hadji Diouf is scum, whereas I don't see too much wrong with Bellamy.

Put it another way, I would imagine we would all be embarrassed if El Hadji Diouf played for City, whereas Bellamy would probably soon become a fans favourite.

I'm not surprised Bellamy gives to charity, he has so much money that he told a Scottish footballer who played for Clyde after beating them 5-0 that he will be "cutting his garden" in the summer. The blokes scum.

I'm not surprised Bellamy gives to charity, he has so much money that he told a Scottish footballer who played for Clyde after beating them 5-0 that he will be "cutting his garden" in the summer. The blokes scum.

Thats just banter... Ok its a bit disrespectful but Ive heard worse said on a football pitch

Thats just banter... Ok its a bit disrespectful but Ive heard worse said on a football pitch

Agreed but i'd be pretty ashamed if any of our lads were coming out with things like that, the last person who did anything similar was Leroy Lita, and the general opinion of him from City fans is that he is a penis!!!

Before he is given a sainthood by some of you on here let me pass on some info re an encounter with my son before Cardiff v Leeds game the other week (Jan 2)

My lad is 15 and a football fanatic.....he supports BCFC thru and thru and goes to all away games as well as having a ST

On day of the Baadiff v Dirty Leeds game he and a school friend went to Baadiff on train to do some shopping.....(we live in Chepstow)

Late in the afternoon (and as they are both fans of football) they thought they would go to the Cardiff stadium and see if they could get tickets to watch the game that evening...(my boy had been at QPR the day before)

As it happens they decided not to get tickets as the last train home didnt work out right but while at the stadium a certain Mr Bellamy arrives and my boy politely asked him for a photo.....to which CB was quite happy to oblige....however in the act of taking (or preparing to take) said photo (getting to sound ike a police statement now!) the Great Mr Bellamy noticed the wallpaper on the phone was a picture of Brett Pitman celebrating his goal at QPR the day before....

My son pointed out he was there supporting BCFC but is a fan of football and would watch any game given the chance

Bellamy's reaction was "you get F....k all from me you Bristol C...T" and then stormed off................

As it happens his aunt took it upon herself to complain to CCFC and he has been offered 4 tickets for their game v Watford by the club secretary and a promise that the matter would be raised with Dave the fiddler

- no apology from Bellamy of course

Nice way to talk to a 15 yr old football supporter who asked for a photo with you because he thought you were a good footballer

I think something has been building up inside CB for a while (as Satrurdays piss up shows).......I would like to think it was the 3-0 hammering in which he went missing (did he play that game?) but probably just a problem with his ferrari or something

Archived