IGNORED

Millen

Modestant

No I won't be singing his praises. Read up a little - see the points where I mention how I haven't ever fancied him. I won't be singing praises. Looks like YOU are the moron.

Point is after Cardiff/QPR games Keith was the best thing since sliced bread. Lose one (league) game and he's incompetent.

Perhaps you have never liked Keith but in general this forum is extremely fickle. Not defending the performance today either it was utter shite but knee jerk reactions piss me off.

I wouldn't sack him. We've already seen this week how mental it's been with sackings, let's not follow suit. Allow him to have the whole of January to bring in new players - if he doesn't then he should go, providing Lansdown has ok'd him to bring players in. If SL says there's no money then the blame lies with him.

What alternative do we have to giving millen more time? If we sack him and get a new manager it's goin to cost us yet more dollar we don't have and there's a good chance it'll disrupt the team further. This season is all about survival and as inconsistent as millen has been, our best chance of staying up is with him at the helm. I'm about as far from being a millen fan as anyone can get - I'm just trying to be realistic and not jump to conclusions off the back off a few disappointing results.

Nobody any better is available. What's the point in taking another huge financial hit that the club can not afford to bring in someone else who isn't up to scratch.

That is a somewhat sweepingly subjective statement!

I believe the financial hit would not be any more significant than If Millen had remained an assistant; the contract remains an extension of that position; with a new manager coming he may have gone anyway.

Moreover, the financial hit could be a whole lot worse if we remain with the status quo.

its not quite so clear cut as you would perhaps like to have it.

Point is after Cardiff/QPR games Keith was the best thing since sliced bread. Lose one (league) game and he's incompetent.

Perhaps you have never liked Keith but in general this forum is extremely fickle. Not defending the performance today either it was utter shite but knee jerk reactions piss me off.

It is not knee jerk 5 months into the season, after SL spent a load of money on players that KM either hired or was a party to hiring, when KM was coach for several years before becoming manager, when we are in 17th place, and have lost two successive games at home against cr*p teams by a total of 7 goals and failed to score in either.

That is a somewhat sweepingly subjective statement!

I believe the financial hit would not be any more significant than If Millen had remained an assistant; the contract remains an extension of that position; with a new manager coming he may have gone anyway.

Moreover, the financial hit could be a whole lot worse if we remain with the status quo.

its not quite so clear cut as you would perhaps like to have it.

Spot on

Jesus Christ another pathetic knee jerk reaction

Don't like what you see, **** off down the gas

We have a major injury crisis and make shift team at the moment.

make shift team are you joking? there all in the first team so must be capable of starting poor excuse

make shift team are you joking? there all in the first team so must be capable of starting poor excuse

No

With a fit squad.

Nytantga, Cisse, LJ and JCR wouldnt be in the team and skuse wouldn't be at right back

People moan about Carey, macca and rose but boy did we miss them today

Jesus Christ another pathetic knee jerk reaction

Don't like what you see, **** off down the gas

We have a major injury crisis and make shift team at the moment.

Excellent input their - thanks for that. The post isn't a knee-jerk reaction - everyone is waiting for Millen to fail and it should be the opposite - we should be waiting for success but everyone knows that this is going in a worrying direction. We've made no progress under him. Would've been better off with GJ than this. This is less a knee-jerk reaction and more a statement that, let's face it, the majority of City fans feel the same way about. Millen doesn't have the fans backing and from what I saw today - nor does he have the backing of the players either.

Excellent input their - thanks for that. The post isn't a knee-jerk reaction - everyone is waiting for Millen to fail and it should be the opposite - we should be waiting for success but everyone knows that this is going in a worrying direction. We've made no progress under him. Would've been better off with GJ than this. This is less a knee-jerk reaction and more a statement that, let's face it, the majority of City fans feel the same way about. Millen doesn't have the fans backing and from what I saw today - nor does he have the backing of the players either.

Any chance of the addresss for this poll you took, when did the questionaire go out or did you ask everyone in person!

Stop stating your own oppinion as fact, it make's you sound about 10 years old, nothing wrong with having an oppinion, but, that doesn't mean you can speak for me.

One thing thats become evident these last 2/3 years - the 'sacking culture' with some chairmen has really got into the fans. I swear people never used to be this impatient after a few bad results.

Remember though, Millen is not a "name" and for some reason people would prefer we had some blithering moron like Gary Megson in charge than KM...

Numerous names suggested over the last year tell me exactly what I need to know about certains fans grasp of football, and it doesn't go much further than "I saw him on MOTD, he must know a thing or two about football"

The most frustrating aspect of the current lack of support or trust in Keith is that none of those who "dislike" Millen will consider all the factors that have made the beggining of his reign more difficult.

He has a squad FULL of the last two managers mistakes. "Hunt, Stewart, Cissé, Williams, Sproule, Nyatanga, Clarkson)Yes he was assistant to both, But does GJ seriously look like a man who will change his mind on a signing if he fancies them?

He has a defence that is absolutely battered by injuries. Our best right back has a poor injury record, Our Captain has been unlucky all year, Our best centre half pairing hasn't played together in a month and we have struggled (like most clubs around) to attract a top quality left back

Millen inherited a midfield with precisely NO flair in it. A difficult problem to address. Here is a serious question for all you who moan about our lack of signings in the first half of the window, Who should we be signing then? do you all think it's like Football Manager or FIFA? that you can just magic up a quality player from anywhere in the world and that they will want to join Bristol City FC? Nobody outside of England will have even heard of BCFC, yet you think we can sign a creative midfielder. It takes time and patience aswel as a shit load of luck to find something as rare as that! especially on the budget we're restricted by.

Now, I'm not saying that Millen is the finished article and I'm also not garunteeing that he will prove to be a good City manager, However I am saying that since he's been here he has got us playing with two wingers (something everyone slagged GJ off for not doing) He has signed us some of the most talented players to play for BCFC in decades (Stead, Caulker) and he has shown a willingness to experiment and change.(admittedly not always with the desired effect, but that happens when you're new to management)

We've lost a couple of games... Big deal, This club (despite the pre-season promise, Which incidently DOES ANYONE THINK WE'D BE BETTER OFF WITH COPPELL STILL HERE? considering the shite he signed?)is still in a transition... We need to rebuild our squad and Millen is trying to do that, backing young and exciting players.

I know there are a lot of people who post on here who have made their minds up, and they will be to Millen what Robbored was to GJ, I have no doubts that the likes of Martyn and Melksham will never back Millen one bit. But, I ask everyone to firstly consider the bigger picture... What has millen shown us since being here?

• He is astute in the transfer market based on his success rate so far
  • He has a good relationship with our players and our Chairman
  • He had the forsight to bring in Wigley, a man with vast knowledge, experience and connections within the game
  • He has a settled side (When they are fit) that have proven (November and early december) that we can play good, winning football

Given those facts, and the fact that he has not built his own side (which based on his signings would be a much better one than this) means the man DESERVES the chance that Lansdown WILL give him. I hope those fans who have made up their mind do not become too vocal, as they offer no positives or benefits to the club... Keith Millen does not ask for your unquestioning support, merely a fair crack at the whip and for fans to at least appreciate the task at hand.

cue accusations of rose tinted spectacles and the other well worded responses.

Remember though, Millen is not a "name" and for some reason people would prefer we had some blithering moron like Gary Megson in charge than KM...

Numerous names suggested over the last year tell me exactly what I need to know about certains fans grasp of football, and it doesn't go much further than "I saw him on MOTD, he must know a thing or two about football"

The most frustrating aspect of the current lack of support or trust in Keith is that none of those who "dislike" Millen will consider all the factors that have made the beggining of his reign more difficult.

He has a squad FULL of the last two managers mistakes. "Hunt, Stewart, Cissé, Williams, Sproule, Nyatanga, Clarkson)Yes he was assistant to both, But does GJ seriously look like a man who will change his mind on a signing if he fancies them?

He has a defence that is absolutely battered by injuries. Our best right back has a poor injury record, Our Captain has been unlucky all year, Our best centre half pairing hasn't played together in a month and we have struggled (like most clubs around) to attract a top quality left back

Millen inherited a midfield with precisely NO flair in it. A difficult problem to address. Here is a serious question for all you who moan about our lack of signings in the first half of the window, Who should we be signing then? do you all think it's like Football Manager or FIFA? that you can just magic up a quality player from anywhere in the world and that they will want to join Bristol City FC? Nobody outside of England will have even heard of BCFC, yet you think we can sign a creative midfielder. It takes time and patience aswel as a shit load of luck to find something as rare as that! especially on the budget we're restricted by.

Now, I'm not saying that Millen is the finished article and I'm also not garunteeing that he will prove to be a good City manager, However I am saying that since he's been here he has got us playing with two wingers (something everyone slagged GJ off for not doing) He has signed us some of the most talented players to play for BCFC in decades (Stead, Caulker) and he has shown a willingness to experiment and change.(admittedly not always with the desired effect, but that happens when you're new to management)

We've lost a couple of games... Big deal, This club (despite the pre-season promise, Which incidently DOES ANYONE THINK WE'D BE BETTER OFF WITH COPPELL STILL HERE? considering the shite he signed?)is still in a transition... We need to rebuild our squad and Millen is trying to do that, backing young and exciting players.

I know there are a lot of people who post on here who have made their minds up, and they will be to Millen what Robbored was to GJ, I have no doubts that the likes of Martyn and Melksham will never back Millen one bit. But, I ask everyone to firstly consider the bigger picture... What has millen shown us since being here?

• He had the forsight to bring in Wigley, a man with vast knowledge, experience and connections within the game
  • He has a settled side (When they are fit) that have proven (November and early december) that we can play good, winning football

Given those facts, and the fact that he has not built his own side (which based on his signings would be a much better one than this) means the man DESERVES the chance that Lansdown WILL give him. I hope those fans who have made up their mind do not become too vocal, as they offer no positives or benefits to the club... Keith Millen does not ask for your unquestioning support, merely a fair crack at the whip and for fans to at least appreciate the task at hand.

Post of the day. Deserves it's own thread. Well said

Very well argued. The missing ingredient for KM is his motivational abilities, in my view. Hope it changes in time to save his job.

Like i have said many times, he is learning his trade with BCFC and if thats what SL wants then so be it. I also have no problem with a season ticket holder disagreeing with all you say here because they have a right to do so and a right to expect better especially if it is argued as well as your opposing view.

One has to ask a very simple question and that is "Whilst I think most fair minded fans would love to see KM be given a fair crack of the whip and yes he has not had the best of hands dealt to him do we really have the TIME to spare???"

After witnessing two absolutely abject performances with no leadership or any evidence of a "roll up your sleeves" attitude I am sadly in the camp tonight of questioning whether a TOTAL clear out is now required before the ultimate indignity of the dreaded R word actually happens and I dont want anybody pointing me in the direction of Whorefield or this being a knee jerk reaction.

I AM WORRIED VERY WORRIED I JUST HOPE LANSDOWN SHARES MY WORRY AND MAKES THE RIGHT DECISIONS................

Well said mate. Far too sensible and well thought out for OTIB though.

In no way can I relate to the 'blithering idiots' who have opposed me on this thread. In fairness, that's why I started it - there are always two sides. But the fact is we are not making progress under Millen. We parted company with GJ to make progress. On paper, Steve Coppell was the right man but that ended in tears. Appointing KM was a knee-jerk reaction. He wasn't appointed in the first place so what changed in a couple of weeks?

I don't just want a name. I want someone who scares the players, someone who can fire them up. No matter what team Millen inherited, he is certainly not doing a good job changing it / making the most of what he has. Our inconsistency is dire. The attitude of the players as soon as we go behind is awful. Millen doesn't even look interested. We needed someone who could stand up and lead this club. Take it forward. We didn't need to appoint someone quick-snap, giving them their first shot at football management in Championship football. It is tough league for seasoned managers, so what chance would a rookie have at a club like City - especially in tough financial times. Fitness of the squad isn't an issue - Maynard has been out, and we miss him, but after that I can't see anything that we are desperately missing. So where does the problem stem from? The manager.

Someone said it earlier and hit the nail on the head - some people won't react until we are relegated. If Millen stays - we are going down. He doesn't have fire in his belly, he doesn't have respect of players or us in the stands and he simply isn't knowledgeable enough about the game. And Wigley a shrewd move? Someone remind me what miracles he has pulled off in the past please? We are slipping fast, and the deluded optimism being shown by some is something that irks me. We haven't made any progress since this time last year when we were with GJ.

Post of the day. Deserves it's own thread. Well said

Totally agree. Millens biggest handicap is the debt, our past 2 managers have spent a lot of money with little to show for it. SL must be worried about relegation, and must be wary of increasing the wage bill even further. My guess is that KM will have a target to keep us up with what he has, and if things get really bad, bring in a loan signing or two. Add to that a long injury list forcing us to play two midfielders in defence along with a centre half at left back.

It's great being City manager, inherit a large, unbalanced squad full of mediocre players, have few players you can get rid of, have the Chairman demanding our losses be stemmed, whilst fans demand even more players are signed and think promotion is realistic.

In no way can I relate to the 'blithering idiots' who have opposed me on this thread. In fairness, that's why I started it - there are always two sides. But the fact is we are not making progress under Millen. We parted company with GJ to make progress. On paper, Steve Coppell was the right man but that ended in tears. Appointing KM was a knee-jerk reaction. He wasn't appointed in the first place so what changed in a couple of weeks?

I don't just want a name. I want someone who scares the players, someone who can fire them up. No matter what team Millen inherited, he is certainly not doing a good job changing it / making the most of what he has. Our inconsistency is dire. The attitude of the players as soon as we go behind is awful. Millen doesn't even look interested. We needed someone who could stand up and lead this club. Take it forward. We didn't need to appoint someone quick-snap, giving them their first shot at football management in Championship football. It is tough league for seasoned managers, so what chance would a rookie have at a club like City - especially in tough financial times. Fitness of the squad isn't an issue - Maynard has been out, and we miss him, but after that I can't see anything that we are desperately missing. So where does the problem stem from? The manager.

Someone said it earlier and hit the nail on the head - some people won't react until we are relegated. If Millen stays - we are going down. He doesn't have fire in his belly, he doesn't have respect of players or us in the stands and he simply isn't knowledgeable enough about the game. And Wigley a shrewd move? Someone remind me what miracles he has pulled off in the past please? We are slipping fast, and the deluded optimism being shown by some is something that irks me. We haven't made any progress since this time last year when we were with GJ.

What I asked for in my post was an objective view of the circumstances surrounding our manager. This is however seriously the most subjective post I've read in days. To claim that fitness in the squad isn't an issue when we have only two fit defenders is cast-iron proof of your underlying bias.

I have no problem whatsoever with people questioning Millen's decisions, What I do have a problem with is people pretty much lieing to bellitle the manager.

Oh, having re-read your post I noticed the anti-Wigley comment. Wigley is a highly regarded Coach and assistant manager to the National U21 team. In what way wasn't it shrewd considering the signings of Danny Rose and Steven Caulker?

we all know best dont we blah blah blah if we were so clued up on football we would be earning a living from it wouldnt we! millen is the manager get behind him rather than just go on about sacking him! yes city were shite today no defending that but as long as millen is manager of city surely we gotta just get on with it and support him whether we like it or not!

Just listening to KM on City Player saying that "Todays defeat was a wake up call?"

NO Keith LAST WEEK was the wake up call - today just proved we are still fast asleep?

Also he says "That we are to nice a team to play against and we are soft?"

Well sorry but "To nice and soft" presently totally sums up my opinion of you - and sadly I think that, that is presently not what we require....................

Archived