IGNORED

Millen

Modestant

Going a little off track here but Cisse is shocking on the ball - I just cant see how he is a midfielder - not a good one anyway!

He defo was today.. really terrible..

but usually he looks very composed and lays the ball off well..

I was really surprised by him today.. and more than a few of the others obviously

He defo was today.. really terrible..

but usually he looks very composed and lays the ball off well..

I was really surprised by him today.. and more than a few of the others obviously

rarely does he do anything but lump it!

This hasn't been a great season, granted. In fact, it's proving to be worse than last, and last season was pretty poor. This division is a real struggle. A real scrap. So many teams of similar quality, with usually one or two who race away at the top. We got a top manager in the summer and he walked out on us. I'm not entirely sure what else Lansdown can do. We are not a big, attractive club. Not by any means. The last two seasons have been real reality checks.

And for once, somebody blame the bloody players. Why is it always the manager that gets the stick?

These two points- certainly agree. This division is as you say a scrap, pretty even throughout this League. My reading of that is that a side like us would be just as likely to end up in a relegation scrap as a playoff push- look at Blackpool last year up from moderate midtable the year before!

Second also agree, but it just seems to be the way of football. Invariably the same set of players or something close to failing under a variety of managers yet the manager carries the can always and so much money flows out of the game through underperforming players costing managers their job. Crazy really.

I found it interesting last week in David James' piece he spoke about its players who get the manager the sack. As when a manager loses the dressing room they wont play for him and already want someone new in. They don't give as hard and are happy to lose happily as they want him gone.

Interestingly that after he writes this article, we get battered 3-0 by a league 1 team, and 4-0 by Championship strugglers. Maybe just maybe James was trying to indicate that our team are not playing for Millen and want him gone. Maybe a lot of these players came on false hopes and promises of a promotion push, quality players being brought in and being managed by a well known and experienced manager, when all they are left with are a large percentage of players not good enough for this division being managed by an inexperienced manager who looks like the shadow of Brian Tinnion at present. Talks a good game, but yet to deliver.

I'm stuck in a few different minds with this one. Firstly, we sacked GJ because we were starting to fall into a relegation battle. Well, I'm afraid we are still in one and we haven't progressed. I actually like Keith, but his reign still stinks of GJ, so its actually like nothing has changed. I would like to bring someone else in just to really shake things up a bit. I really think we look stale and un-motivated. It seems funny that the two good results against Cardiff and QPR are both games you would naturally be motivated to win. For me their lies the problem, its not Keiths managerial skills, its his motivational skills in trying to get the players up for playing against the average and poorer teams.

Archived