IGNORED

Still No Signings

old_eastender

At the moment City are not on the verge of signing anyone. This Robbie Savage rumour seems to unheard of in the City Camp, unless the management team are keeping this close to their chests. At the moment it stands with City signing no one at all.

Sproule was suppose to be heading back to Hibbs this window in a deal worth around 150k, but KM has decided it may be best to keep him until the end of the season just in case of injuries.

Danny Haynes - Don't really know much about him, not very well in the team mix and does his own thing. Wont be a figure who is missed in the team. But I think Milwall is where he will head.

Akinde - We all know whats happended there as it was made public.

At the moment City are not on the verge of signing anyone. This Robbie Savage rumour seems to unheard of in the City Camp, unless the management team are keeping this close to their chests. At the moment it stands with City signing no one at all.

Sproule was suppose to be heading back to Hibbs this window in a deal worth around 150k, but KM has decided it may be best to keep him until the end of the season just in case of injuries.

Danny Haynes - Don't really know much about him, not very well in the team mix and does his own thing. Wont be a figure who is missed in the team. But I think Milwall is where he will head.

Akinde - We all know whats happended there as it was made public.

Yeah I suppose having 4 players who can play right midfield is cutting it fine, maybe we should get another right midfielder to help out Haynes, Sproule, Adomah and JCR.

I hope the only transfers we are looking at are loans at left midfield and left back, everything else can wait until the summer where I hope Keith is ruthless with the squad. This transfer window should only be for temporary fixes only. Our midfield, when fully motivated, is good enough as proved against Cardiff.

Yeah, I mean what's the going rate for a player who is only just behind Tevez Rooney and Drogba in total number goal scoring stakes over the last few seasons, Laughable isnt it whistle.gif

Yes it is, when you consider someone like Van der Vart cost Spurs 8 million, but of course I forgot that bent is 3 times the player he is ;)!!!!

24 million pounds,Darren Bent, ffs what's happening to this game.

Don't get why people think Bent is over priced. In the current climate he's worth that amount. Although if you're also saying he's worth as much as the likes of Rooney, Berbatov, Torres etc, just none of them should cost that much, then I agree.

I'm amazed that people think Bent is in the same class as Rooney, Berbatov and Torres...

bent is a better goalscorer then all but 3 players in the prem and has done it for 4 or 5 seasons now,

if Berb is a 30 million player then so is bent, But because he isn't a household name ppl write him off,

He should be in the england squad ahead of Crouch Defoe etc and is the 2nd best English striker behind rooney,

Stats prove that

As it's been said a million times before..............We can't BUY until we have SOLD

This maybe true.....but unless we bring in something, there is a massive chance we will be relagated this year. If were not financially crippled already....we certainly wold be then.

We MUST bring in at least 1 or 2 new faces, regardless of whether players move on or not. If we dont, we could be in serious trouble.

The question is....do we think Millen has what it takes to bring in the right players

1) We are losing money as our wage bill exceeds our income

2) We have too many players, and those signed in the summer, on big wages who have not performed, we cannot get rid of

3) We are in the bottom 7

4) We have never won anything

5) we are a small club

6) we are not first choice, second choice or third choice for many players

7) We have no money

So who exactly, and by what means do you expect to sign anyone? We are in a very difficult position, and this season is ONLY about survival. KM will then have the space in the aquad to bring in young hungry players , players with something to prove and a return to the drive and desire we lost in the last 2 seasons

I really think with this current crop of players, and no additions, we may not survive.

I really believe our destiny will come down to hoping other teams below us dont pick up any form, teams like your Palaces, Prestons and Scunny......if they do, we are f*cked!

This maybe true.....but unless we bring in something, there is a massive chance we will be relagated this year. If were not financially crippled already....we certainly wold be then.

We MUST bring in at least 1 or 2 new faces, regardless of whether players move on or not. If we dont, we could be in serious trouble.

The question is....do we think Millen has what it takes to bring in the right players

Does it help if someone writes it in capitals for you? Maybe a few spaces in between each word so that it sinks in....

WE.......CANNOT........BUY...........ANYONE...........UNTIL............WE............SELL.............SOMEONE.............FIRST.

Please read and repeat until it has sunk in.

Does it help if someone writes it in capitals for you? Maybe a few spaces in between each word so that it sinks in....

WE.......CANNOT........BUY...........ANYONE...........UNTIL............WE............SELL.............SOMEONE.............FIRST.

You're wasting cyber-space trying to get this through to some people. We are pretty strapped for cash, and don't really want to add any more players to our long-term wage bill. I would not be surprised if we wait a while and then get an 'emergency loan' player in to see us through the season, if things start looking really dodgy. TBH, once we get our defence back, I think we will be OK, it won't be stunning, but if we can grind out the points we need, that will do.

what do you mean its rubbish, we've just reported a loss of 12 million quid last season on top of 6 million the season before and 4 million the season before that,

That puts us roughly 20 million in debt, If you can magic up 20 million to clear the debts and then about 3 million to sign player then go ahead,

If you really think we're going to sign 2 players before we get rid of at least 5 then your a moron

what do you mean its rubbish, we've just reported a loss of 12 million quid last season on top of 6 million the season before and 4 million the season before that,

That puts us roughly 20 million in debt, If you can magic up 20 million to clear the debts and then about 3 million to sign player then go ahead,

If you really think we're going to sign 2 players before we get rid of at least 5 then your a moron

I mean its rubbish becuase SL said in his interveiw KM does not NEED to sell to bring players in, but of course it would be preferential.

Please read my post, and actually take on board what ive said....or at least try, if you are capable.

I'll explain again. We NEED to bring in 1 or 2 new players. I UNDERSTAND we do not have any money as the club is running on a loss, but I DO UNDERSTAND our chairman does have money. I also understand he has pumped a lot of money into the club in recent years.

What I am saying is, with this current crop of players, I think we will go down. What Im questioning is, what will cost us more in the long run....1 or 2 new signings, whether its loan signings (more likely) or permanent.....or relegation to League 1??????????

Please try to process what im saying. Thank you

You're wasting cyber-space trying to get this through to some people. We are pretty strapped for cash, and don't really want to add any more players to our long-term wage bill. I would not be surprised if we wait a while and then get an 'emergency loan' player in to see us through the season, if things start looking really dodgy. TBH, once we get our defence back, I think we will be OK, it won't be stunning, but if we can grind out the points we need, that will do.

because things arnt looking really dodgy at the minute?

THEN.......WE.......WILL......BE.......RELEGATED.

For the first time since the transfer window fiasco I agree with most, we need to strengthen. And if this means someone needs to leave before we bring someone in, Lansdown will probably be a league one chairman next season. Most agree with this and I include those going to the Gate for 50 years!

The current crop isn't working for one reason or another, whether thats the management set up or whether it's the balance on the pitch, whether it's them, it's just isn't good enough.

MM

Archived