IGNORED

Still No Signings

old_eastender

Personally, and on this note I appreciate that it is asking a lot of Lansdown I do think he should push the boat out this January for a creative midfielder, even if only on loan. Relegation would perhaps cost more in the long run but then then the drop would not be as catastrophic as the gap in income between PL and Championship.

Is it just me or is anyone else completely disillusioned with this club. I've followed city for the last thirty years. I honestly believe I was happier in the old second division days when we didn't have any expectations. We spent relatively low and if we won it was the best feeling the world. We were the proverbial big fish in a small pond. Now we're a minnow in an ocean. Lots of clubs in this division are wealthier than us, and if they don't have the cash. they have the history to entice exciting young players. We seem to be the poor relatives walking around Harrods with a fiver in our sky rocket! We will only get anywhere if we manage to find/unearth eleven bargain basement players. How likely is that? I'd be happy if the club was making even small progress. Caulker will be going back to Tottenham next season, so what have we achieved this season? Just hope its not relegation. OK rant over, i feel better now.

Is it just me or is anyone else completely disillusioned with this club. I've followed city for the last thirty years. I honestly believe I was happier in the old second division days when we didn't have any expectations. We spent relatively low and if we won it was the best feeling the world. We were the proverbial big fish in a small pond. Now we're a minnow in an ocean. Lots of clubs in this division are wealthier than us, and if they don't have the cash. they have the history to entice exciting young players. We seem to be the poor relatives walking around Harrods with a fiver in our sky rocket! We will only get anywhere if we manage to find/unearth eleven bargain basement players. How likely is that? I'd be happy if the club was making even small progress. Caulker will be going back to Tottenham next season, so what have we achieved this season? Just hope its not relegation. OK rant over, i feel better now.

Not disillusionment for me, but everything about the club does feel a bit flat.

Personally I don't see City getting promoted for many years, so I'd prefer to build slowly and hopefully enjoy the long journey.

People need to look forward to their Saturday afternoon following City with the prospect of entertainment, excitement, a good atmosphere and hopefully a few goals.

Too many home games in the last few years have been terrible entertainment and the prospect of going down to AG hasn't been that exciting for quite a while.

You can find reasons to put up with uninspired football while the end justifies the means, in terms of League position, but it's not OK now.

Many are disillusioned, though for me it's to do with the attitudes of players rather than the manager. But by third division standards Danny Wilson spent a fortune (£600k for Lee Peacock would be millions in today's prices) and still failed.:disapointed2se:

They got money which is something we haven't got.

They also have a high profile manager, are creeping up the table and have a nice new ground with big crowds.

Players look at all that when making a decision.

Unfortunately we cant yet match any of that.

Thats a tad misleading. Are you saying the owner of Leicester has a greater disposable income than our owner? Are you saying Leicester are financially successful and we are the complete opposite? I am not counting the net worth of the two, side by side, but in the running of a championship club we can easily compete with Leicester, if our owner wants to...

If our owner wished to pump in as much money as the Leicester owner, give or take a few sheckles, I am sure he could and would.

BCFC are no worse or better off than Leicester in the scheme of things; its all about how much money the owner wishes to pump in and if our chairman decides he wants to ease up for the time being as is clearly the indication then so be it but to say 'we have less money than leicester' is, with the greatest of respect, a bit naive.

Thats a tad misleading. Are you saying the owner of Leicester has a greater disposable income than our owner? Are you saying Leicester are financially successful and we are the complete opposite? I am not counting the net worth of the two, side by side, but in the running of a championship club we can easily compete with Leicester, if our owner wants to...

If our owner wished to pump in as much money as the Leicester owner, give or take a few sheckles, I am sure he could and would.

BCFC are no worse or better off than Leicester in the scheme of things; its all about how much money the owner wishes to pump in and if our chairman decides he wants to ease up for the time being as is clearly the indication then so be it but to say 'we have less money than leicester' is, with the greatest of respect, a bit naive.

except, they get about 8k average more than us!

Thing is, Leicester still don't have to stump out £100 million on a new stadium because they already have it, and whilst they have the new stadium they're getting the bigger crowds and the better non-matchday revenue, all of which our club (or Steve Lansdown) has to make up the difference in order to compete with the Leicesters of this World.

Thing is, Leicester still don't have to stump out £100 million on a new stadium because they already have it, and whilst they have the new stadium they're getting the bigger crowds and the better non-matchday revenue, all of which our club (or Steve Lansdown) has to make up the difference in order to compete with the Leicesters of this World.

We could also take a leaf out of Leicesters book by building the stadium and then going into administration and buying it for a 5th of its proper value. Everyone else seems to do it, why don't we have a good go at the administration way to good fortune.

No ta. Not interested in neck ache, brown envelopes for his boy and a coaching staff of 35 hangers on.

Proven track records don`t appeal to you then.Can`t think of many better managers who may just be interested in us who have CONTINUALLY produced the goods and more often than not without breaking the bank.

If you`re lucky enough to attract one of these successful people to your club and they produce the results not many will ask how.

We could also take a leaf out of Leicesters book by building the stadium and then going into administration and buying it for a 5th of its proper value. Everyone else seems to do it, why don't we have a good go at the administration way to good fortune.

Pretty sure we done that in 82. Soooo last year !

Plenty of signing being made by other Championship clubs, including defenders and midfielders we could have done with. Was no different in Johnson's day so can't blame Milly. We always leave it to the last week, then panic.

Perhaps it's our scouting system that stops us getting our ducks in a row?

Same thing every bloody year. The same usual excuses.

It seems other clubs in this league manage it .

Archived