IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Dastardly and Muttley

Gavin Williams is a intelligent player although he might not be able to follow orders from managers "telling him to run here and there doing this or that".

The ball to NM was clever because he knows what NM can do with a ball. OK thats history. We move on and so do Gav. Good luck to him even he play in the wrong team. Tonight we win 2-1. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

I don't even eat cookies :)

Gazza was very gifted on the pitch. Probably not gifted enough off the pitch to take orders from a head of section though.

But, like Williams and also Noble, could have done so much more with their careers.

Or do you mean managers who don't know how to play football? Either way I'm not quite sure you're proving your point?!

But, like Williams and also Noble, could have done so much more with their careers.

Or do you mean managers who don't know how to play football? Either way I'm not quite sure you're proving your point?!

A Prime example of a player who needed a strong manager to put his arm round him and guide him,

Wasn't he sectioned a while ago for a few weeks?

He understood football and did not take orders from anyone.

On the pitch - why should he? He was the artist and the others, including the manager, should adopt to him mastering online.

He understood football and did not take orders from anyone.

On the pitch - why should he? He was the artist and the others, including the manager, should adopt to him mastering online.

and as a result he won one medal in England in all his careeer in a game that he barely played in because of his lack of discipline which left him in a hospital bed.

does that sound like a good return for such a telented player?

a player who didnt fulfill his potential and injured himself terribly because he lacked discipline?

Good example.

With the childhood Gazza had its no suprise he lost the plot. I think its more amazing he managed to play as well and at the level he did whilst still an alcoholic. Sometimes a joy to watch, other times he would make you cringe. Always leaves me wondering what could of been?

With the childhood Gazza had its no suprise he lost the plot. I think its more amazing he managed to play as well and at the level he did whilst still an alcoholic. Sometimes a joy to watch, other times he would make you cringe. Always leaves me wondering what could of been?

Agreed.

Probably the most talented English footballer we will see for a long time, but absolutely no discipline whatsoever. There was/is certainly something wrong mentally though.

I have often thought what would have happened had he signed for Man U under SAF instead of joining Venables at Spurs when he left the Toon. Maybe would have been a whole different story.

Still, you have to love a bloke that brings beer, fried chicken and a fishing rod to a mass murderer in the middle of a police stand-offlaugh.gif

Archived