IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Dastardly and Muttley

As many have said, williams very much an enigma, quality football, could pass well, create and score goals, but never really got good chance at city, despite skuse, Elliott, LJ and others all having off spells during his spell at the club.

Never understood why we signed him, never understood why we rarely played and don't understand why we have released him.

Good luck though.....please become a city legend and join Yeovil or Swindon and help relegate rovers.

Just the type of player we need and never given a run in his best position - surely worth a go??

Maybe, but three managers didnt see Gav as part of their plans, or not good enough to be so. One of these managers was GJ, who probally knew him better then most.

Not good enough in my eyes, and time for him to move on

Maybe, but three managers didnt see Gav as part of their plans, or not good enough to be so. One of these managers was GJ, who probally knew him better then most.

I must have seen most of his games - and from memory half his goals. Never clear to me which position he was signed to play in. Flattered to deceive and didn't really dominate in any of the performances I recall. But one great memory - against Charlton away...

Good luck to him. Like David Noble seemed to lack the fight to establish himself at Championship level.

as i said earlier in the post gw is joining rovers the deal is done

Really, that would be strange really. I would have thought that if he wanted to stay local and the highest level possible he would be going to Swindon they have the best chance of staying up, other than that Yeovil. At least those teams and their managers try to play football. I really wouldn't have thought Gav was a Penny type player and certainly not one he would sign for a relegation dog fight.

Maybe the Gas think they are down and are looking to next season, but again from his own point of view he must believe he is better than league 2

rid of him as gary thought it was a threat to little lee's place in the time......

Gav wasn't that great could get a regular start under 3 managers dispite what ppl say he did play 58 games for us about 20 as sub and only scored 4 goals and 1 assit so he's not quite the creative force ppl are making him out to be,

That and he was injured every other week

A really nice guy and on his day could certainly play a bit, especially going forward. Always appeared to me that the management thought that 'he was to much one of the boys' ie enjoyed a laugh, liked to hang out with the likes of Trunds, Nobes, etc.

Sad to see him go especially when it appears we have limited options in the midfield department, especially height wise and vision wise?

Also even more sad that on a day when Gavin Williams is released and Adriano Basso signs for Wolves and the Ashton eight are remembered on National television (all guys who clearly gave their best and in some cases their careers for BCFC0 that there are certain current employees on the payroll at Ashton Gate who appear to be quite happy to be trousering very big money wage wise (By most of our standards) and giving NOTHING in return, no names no pack drill, Nicky Hunt. We can only assume that Keith was offering 'Hunts' services to everybody from Barcelona to Severn Beach third 11 but we can only presume that everyone else in football have the same opinion of him as we do???

Really hope that Gav gets fixed up very quick, good luck and thanks for all your efforts.

I must have seen most of his games - and from memory half his goals. Never clear to me which position he was signed to play in. Flattered to deceive and didn't really dominate in any of the performances I recall. But one great memory - against Charlton away...

Good luck to him. Like David Noble seemed to lack the fight to establish himself at Championship level.

Yeah I was there, and Derby away. Shame we didnt get the win our performance deserved that day

How can you be sure - how many times did he play in his favoured position?

Archived