IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Dastardly and Muttley

Have another look at Maynards goal. Who passed him and what was the pass like? Only an artist could/would have gone for it.

Not credit to the "run here run there/do this do that management" what so ever. If they have had an influence the goal would never have happened.

you are making no sense.

of course players make decisions on the pitch that arent managed. There are two teams on the pitch and you have to be disciplined at times and be clever and individual at others.

players still have responabilities to the team though and they need to be done too.

do they have spliff cafes in Sweden or something?

Creative players are artists, why should they listen to headless chickens telling them what to do?

They now how to play football. The problem is the managers don't.

So Keith Millen a guy who plyed over 500 pro games doesn't know how to play football?,

Or are you refering to Gary Johnson a manager who hasn't been in charge for almost 14 months but won promotion from 3 different pro leagues and managed at international level?

Or are you talking about coppell who didn't play him a man who played at the very top level for manchester united?

Have another look at Maynards goal. Who passed him and what was the pass like? Only an artist could/would have gone for it.

Not credit to the "run here run there/do this do that management" what so ever. If they have had an influence the goal would never have happened.

This whole arguement is irrelevant. For a start Williams wasn't ever good enough for us on a consistent basis, mainly due to fitness.

Saying that managers don't know how to play football is wrong, ask Dalglish, Ancelotti, Mancini etc. - They all knew how to play football.

This whole malarky over one pass and then saying managers aren't needed is just weird, managers lay down tactics set the formations and ensure the pace/ how attacking you will be, the list goes on.

A team of 11 without any coaching will lose to a team of 11 with coaching. Much like your statement last week of Sweden making the last 6 consecutive world cups (which you then managed to twist into something like the last two euro's on the trot) it's all nonsense.

Creative players are artists, why should they listen to headless chickens telling them what to do?

They now how to play football. The problem is the managers don't.

GW is a naturally gifted footballer, who imho, will regret his actions later in life.

I've watched him on the pitch, and his vision and passing, on his day are sublime.

I've also watched him in the dugout, stand and in the past, at training. The bloke doesn't stop fooling around. Constantly playing the idiot. If he put as much energy into his football, as he did at playing the prankster, then i should imagine, he could quiet easily hold down a team place in the Championship.

A real shame in my book.

This whole arguement is irrelevant. For a start Williams wasn't ever good enough for us on a consistent basis, mainly due to fitness.

Saying that managers don't know how to play football is wrong, ask Dalglish, Ancelotti, Mancini etc. - They all knew how to play football.

This whole malarky over one pass and then saying managers aren't needed is just weird, managers lay down tactics set the formations and ensure the pace/ how attacking you will be, the list goes on.

A team of 11 without any coaching will lose to a team of 11 with coaching. Much like your statement last week of Sweden making the last 6 consecutive world cups (which you then managed to twist into something like the last two euro's on the trot) it's all nonsense.

Do this do that/run here run there mangers don't now anything about football. It's eleven men on each side doing the business online. An artist is an artist and is not less intelligent just because he can't adopt to a manager that believe his players are radio directed. Gavs should have passed his full back for a hoof ball and we would never have seen that goal.

Do this do that/run here run there mangers don't now anything about football. It's eleven men on each side doing the business online. An artist is an artist and is not less intelligent just because he can't adopt to a manager that believe his players are radio directed. Gavs should have passed his full back for a hoof ball and we would never have seen that goal.

You dont believe workrate is important in a footballer then? Ask a few managers and see if they agree.

Your still making no sense by the way. Williams looked up and played a straight pass to Maynard who needed 2 unbelieveable touches and an overhead kick to score. I have no idea why I'm trying to discuss this. You are clearly barking mad.

Your a moron the more I read this the more I'm convinced you know nothing about football yourself,

If a manager knows nothing about football why does every single club on the planet that play any kind of level have one?

Take Chistino Ronaldo are you telling me SAF had no effect on his career,

Terry Henry are you telling me Wenger didn't take a failing right midfielder and turn him into one of the best strikers in Arsenal's history?

You're still not making sense, are you sure you even know what you're on about?

Your a moron the more I read this the more I'm convinced you know nothing about football yourself,

If a manager knows nothing about football why does every single club on the planet that play any kind of level have one?

Take Chistino Ronaldo are you telling me SAF had no effect on his career,

Terry Henry are you telling me Wenger didn't take a failing right midfielder and turn him into one of the best strikers in Arsenal's history?

Why do yo call me moron?

The only reason there are managers is that when it all goes wrong something must be done. No one has a clue why it wen't all wrong but something must be done. Sack the manager!

Hopefully he can help keeping them up. The lack of stiff competition over the years are the main reason to why we have been so poor historically!

on that we disagree too.

I hope they disappear never to be seen again. Nasty little club with nasty little owners.

anyway the reason Williams is playing at that level is because he has plenty of ability but no discipline on or off the pitch. Complete waste of talent but thats his decision not to make the most of it.

because thats where he went on loan before and its where he is now.

do tell me if he had offers from teams far higher though.

I dont know and neither do you. your assuming.

I do know though, he wanted to stay in the local area.

I dont know and neither do you. your assuming.

I do know though, he wanted to stay in the local area.

I'm assuming based on the fact players almost always take the best deal on the table.

he moved to Ipswich so I'm sure he's not fussed about moving if the moneys right. Unless he didnt realise where Ipswich was when he signed for them which is quite possible with Williams.

I'm assuming based on the fact players almost always take the best deal on the table.

he moved to Ipswich so I'm sure he's not fussed about moving if the moneys right. Unless he didnt realise where Ipswich was when he signed for them which is quite possible with Williams.

Thats not always true Matt Le Tis stayed at southampton because he loved the club and the area,

There are some players settled in the area and only play for local clubs these are few and far between but it does happen,

Gav living in Bristol is still only a stones throw away from his family in Cardiff he doesn't have to move house or uproute his family,

I suspect that had more to do with signing for the blue few rather then yeovil (if they even put in an offer as the'd just signed a better centre mid in Paul Wootton)

Also a player of Williams kind - not consistently fit and has had a fair few knocks whilst here- would have definitely taken the longer contract if it was available - no matter where it was in League One.

This could turn out to be his last pay packet the way his career has been since getting promoted with West Ham, so I'm sure he'd have taken the money than the location.

Archived