IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Dastardly and Muttley

How can you be sure - how many times did he play in his favoured position?

Enough times for three managers (four if you include the Ipswich manager as someone mentioned) to come to the conclusion he wasnt good enough to hold down a regular central midfield spot.

Thats an awful run of bad luck if he was good enough

I think Johnson maybe saw him as a replacement for Noble and hoped he'd have more luck getting the required levels of fitness out of him. Sadly that proved not to be the case.

If we'd managed to get a player with the ability of Williams or Noble with the attitude and work rate of Lee Johnson or Cole Skuse we'd be laughing.

I think Johnson maybe saw him as a replacement for Noble and hoped he'd have more luck getting the required levels of fitness out of him. Sadly that proved not to be the case.

If we'd managed to get a player with the ability of Williams or Noble with the attitude and work rate of Lee Johnson or Cole Skuse we'd be laughing.

in other words a Charlie Adam type player

I love the Trundle-esque level of adoration that some of our fans reserve for "Super" Gav.

52 apps and what has he actually done to show that he's good enough for us? Rescued a replay against Cardiff in the cup. Awesome.

Managers have come and gone and GW still couldn't get near the first team on a regular basis.

But we know more about him than those guys, right? We see how hard he works in training, compared to Skuse, Elliott, Johnson etc so we know he has thoroughly deserved a chance.

Bottom line is if he was good enough to hold down a place in the first team, he would have done so in the two-and-a-half years he's been an employee of BCFC.

I love the Trundle-esque level of adoration that some of our fans reserve for "Super" Gav.

52 apps and what has he actually done to show that he's good enough for us? Rescued a replay against Cardiff in the cup. Awesome.

Managers have come and gone and GW still couldn't get near the first team on a regular basis.

But we know more about him than those guys, right? We see how hard he works in training, compared to Skuse, Elliott, Johnson etc so we know he has thoroughly deserved a chance.

Bottom line is if he was good enough to hold down a place in the first team, he would have done so in the two-and-a-half years he's been an employee of BCFC.

He's actually had some very good games when he has had a run in the side and remained fit. I don't buy this 'working hard in training' reasoning for selection. Some of the most talented players don't look as if they are working hard but every team needs one or two flair players to balance with the grafters. Some of the best and most competitive players in all sports sometimes don't like training and John McEnroe was a good example.

I'm not saying the managers GW has played under were wrong because clearly he is injury prone and GJ himself said GW was a confidence player. Confidence players have to feel wanted. He didn't fulfill his potential at Ipswich but he is talented, he did show that talent on the pitch at times for City (and for Yeovil) and with the right man management he could have been the creative central midfield player the team need. That said, I think KM is a good man manager and if he felt it was right to move GM on perhaps there is a character weakness there that means he will never fulfill his potential and be a 40 games a season creative midfielder at this level. I just think that it's been completely wrong to play Skuse and Elliot so often together and it's a bit bizarre that a potential solution within the squad to provide the creative balance didn't get a look in.

Williams is a good player but injury prone and thick as a plank.

Not many footballers are highly intelligent but Williams is particularly "difficult to teach" shall we say. Thats what I've heard anyway.

You can have all the ability in the world but if you cant take in instructions then the manager is always going to lose patience in the end.

Williams is a good player but injury prone and thick as a plank.

Not many footballers are highly intelligent but Williams is particularly "difficult to teach" shall we say. Thats what I've heard anyway.You can have all the ability in the world but if you cant take in instructions then the manager is always going to lose patience in the end.

I have it on very reliable inside information that Willaims is not blessed with the smartest mind and often misunderstood what was being asked of him both on and off the pitch.He could be very awkward at times.

Brian Wilson was exactly the same.

This un-written law about not signing each others players is being crossed way to many times by the sags. How about Hoskins coming the other way after they consistently directly getting our players.

Every time they've poached players off us in the last 5 years we've got the better end of the deal, so I'm not complaining.

Gone right down in my estimations now. Always rated him while here. What is it with players going from us to them. Lack of respect on his part. Dont normally wish injuries on anyone but ill make an exception here, I fear a fit and firing Williams will keep them up!

Creative players are artists, why should they listen to headless chickens telling them what to do?

They now how to play football. The problem is the managers don't.

because its a team game and a manager decides the strategy to win.

put 11 artists as you call them on the pitch and let them run and play where they like with no instruction or coaching. See how they get on.

you seem to be suggesting 11 footballers without a manager would do better than 11 footballers with a good coach. I think your wrong.

Have another look at Maynards goal. Who passed him and what was the pass like? Only an artist could/would have gone for it.

Not credit to the "run here run there/do this do that management" what so ever. If they have had an influence the goal would never have happened.

What the ball played into maynards feet?

I rate gavlar, but thats quite a simple ball to be honest

Archived