IGNORED

Play Clarkson As A Midfielder.

BCFC Jordan

Now I know he isn't the most popular City player on this forum (A bit of an understatement) but personally I am a fan of Clarkson. It is clear he doesn't have the strength nor pace to play up front in this league but we do know he is an intelligent player and will work hard and probably end up being a better defensive outlook than LJ also. With all this took into account and our lack of a decent creative CM I believe that Clarkson should be given a chance to play there especially now with Skuse out injured.

In a few weeks hopefully the confidence issue with the lads will be over and we can field a decent team, for me it would look like this.

James

Ribeiro

Carey

Caulker

McAllister

Adomah

Elliott

Clarkson

Woolford

Pitman

Maynard

Anyway just an idea.

Yeah why not?

As we have yet again failed to sign a central creative midfielder and have instead signed Woolford for LM, I reckon that we are left with two options for creative CM.

1) Clarkson.

2) Rose.

I have to say that I think a third would have been Williams...

...who's he playing for now?

:ranting:

It is where he played when he made his debut at Preston 18 months ago.

We played 3 5 2 and he played the attacking midfield role linking midfield and attack. He actually played really well!

So the team below would be my choice for saturday!

James

Carey Caulker Fontaine

Adomah Woodford

Elliot Cisse

Clarkson

Pitman Keogh

It is where he played when he made his debut at Preston 18 months ago.

We played 3 5 2 and he played the attacking midfield role linking midfield and attack. He actually played really well!

So the team below would be my choice for saturday!

James

Carey Caulker Fontaine

Adomah Woodford

Elliot Cisse

Clarkson

Pitman Keogh

Exactly!

I thought that was how we were going to play him, behind the front men trying to find a pass and picking up on second phase ball!

With the situation as it is it is worth making that adjustment at PNE next week IMO

Now I know he isn't the most popular City player on this forum (A bit of an understatement) but personally I am a fan of Clarkson. It is clear he doesn't have the strength nor pace to play up front in this league but we do know he is an intelligent player and will work hard and probably end up being a better defensive outlook than LJ also. With all this took into account and our lack of a decent creative CM I believe that Clarkson should be given a chance to play there especially now with Skuse out injured.

In a few weeks hopefully the confidence issue with the lads will be over and we can field a decent team, for me it would look like this.

James

Ribeiro

Carey

Caulker

McAllister

Adomah

Elliott

Clarkson

Woolford

Pitman

Maynard

Anyway just an idea.

I would go with that But is Maynard fit? Also I would play Fointaine instead of Ribeiro I have heard he has no stomach for a fight. If you watch him closely if he makes a mistake he fiens injury.

But its worth giving Clarkson a go in the middle , I always felt he keeps the ball well and reads the game well.

I would go with that But is Maynard fit? Also I would play Fointaine instead of Ribeiro I have heard he has no stomach for a fight. If you watch him closely if he makes a mistake he fiens injury.

But its worth giving Clarkson a go in the middle , I always felt he keeps the ball well and reads the game well.

i will repeat. As a City/Motherwell fan (living in Scotland)- i have never seen Clarkson play as a Centre Foward in Scotland. He is an attacking midfielder/ in the hole deep-lying foward.

Good shout.

Its obvious that Clarkson is a clever player but not an out and out striker and he played just behind the strikers at Motherwell and managed 14 goals in a season.

That said I can't remember the last time City played 4-3-1-2 and who would make way to accomodate Clarkson in that role?

Good shout.

Its obvious that Clarkson is a clever player but not an out and out striker and he played just behind the strikers at Motherwell and managed 14 goals in a season.

That said I can't remember the last time City played 4-3-1-2 and who would make way to accomodate Clarkson in that role?

Marvin or Skuse.

If I was manager, Skuse.

Of course it's not a bad idea. I imagine it would quite suit him. On a similar note I also don't see why JCR couldn't be tried in a advanced midfield role rather then being stuck on the left wing.

I don't know, it's just so bloody obvious that the Elliot, Skuse and Johnson combination in midfield is letting us down.

I said in my original post this would be my ideal team in a few weeks time once our injured players have returned. :)

I think this makes sence some guys sat by me said the same thing about playing there and i thought yes he would be good in the middle of the park

he does get at players and at least he is a bit stronger than the small child we have LJ he may even be able to spread play a bit more

Based on what we saw at the Palace away game tis worth trying, he definitely can hold the ball up well, and is as good as anyone else at passig forward. the more games he gets the better he'll be with distribution and will last longer fitness why. Drop Johnson for him, and let LJ be supersub, which is his best role.

Clarkson tracks back to defend better than anyone in midfield anyways

Good shout, but is Millen brave enough to try it?

Tinman was always our left midfielder, couldn't see it working when they moved him to CM....wow, did it ever work!!

This could be the making of Clarkson he's a grafter with a footballing brain.....and couldn't do any worse that the present lot are doing at the moment!!!! Go for it Keef :fingerscrossed:

I'd rather see him there than up front! Having said that I still think he's just too weak and slow and he'd end up getting bullied. Unless of course he released the ball fairly quickly...

He certainly wasn't againt those cloggers Palace to be fair

Archived