IGNORED

Useless Coppers

Will Rollason

From what I seen in the Williams (I sit right by where it happened) Leeds scored the first goal. A bloke in his mid thirties jumped up celebrating and then got ejected by a steward I have known for a long time. With that another bloke sat along from him (on his own) started mouthing off. A city fan sat in the front row started shouting abuse at him and they exchanged words but it simply fizzled out. Whilst all this was happening, something happened I have never seen in 25 years of going to Ashton Gate and that was three Leeds fans walking through the lower William arms a loft celebrating singing Leeds songs. It seemed to take an age to kick off, but it did and this is what upset the Leeds fans in the away end as Stewards and fans all dived on these three idiots.

The Leeds fans then witnessed the unrest and stormed the Williams stand where two rows of riot police and two rows of stewards stood in their way. Then with a stand off and a couple more attempts to storm the Williams, half time came and it seemed to settle.

My personal feeling is that Leeds fans thought they could do what they wanted, when they wanted and how they wanted at 'little' Bristol City. If I ever attended a home end when we played away, you keep you mouth shut, yourself to yourself and enjoy the game. Leeds fans are either dumb, or drove hundreds of miles to get their heads kicked in for fun.

With the visit of Swansea and Cardiff, Leeds have to be the scum of the earth compared to these. Problem is, they would love that tag!

MM

mmm... That was probably me. A Leeds fan was sat behind me, and when he started to cheer Leeds on after about 2 minutes I advised him to be quiet otherwise the stewards would hoof him out the ground. He didnt listen. He started cheering after the goal and I had heard enough by then, so had stronger words. He left the ground on his own accord. The reason I had a go at him was because after the scuffles that went on, a bloke carried his young son out of the ground in tears. That shouldnt be happening and it only happened because the Leeds fans couldnt keep their mouths shut and all hell was about to break loose.

There was a bloke and a woman sat next to me who didnt reappear after half time. They were quiet in the first half but I would imagine they were Leeds as well..

A Leeds fan who has co-existed with you on here quite happily since October.

There are a (very) few people who can't cope with the concept, but on the whole it's been constructive, I think.

Yes, fair play to you. You have said it as it is.

I like to read your opinion, it's good to get views from fans of other teams( even MOT's when he doesn't try and big himself up) and long may you continue to post on here.

Highlight for me was the 2 lads running from the williams into away section and stewards didn't give a monkeys.

that was quality, never seen two blokes leg it from a stand so fast in my life.

"we all run together, together we will run!"

to be fair... is interesting how we criticise the coppers for acting differently at football when we do ourselves. Songs and chants where you goad people, call them seeyanexttuesdays and hurl allsorts of personal abuse just don't happen in the street to the same extent by 'normal people' but we are happy to join in at football matches

to be fair... is interesting how we criticise the coppers for acting differently at football when we do ourselves. Songs and chants where you goad people, call them seeyanexttuesdays and hurl allsorts of personal abuse just don't happen in the street to the same extent by 'normal people' but we are happy to join in at football matches

True enough, vs Forest last year and Middlesborough also back in August of said season there were a fair few chants of the w-word. One aimed at Davies or Tyson, and pretty sure maybe at whichever Middlesborough player scored the penalty and celebrated in front of the Atyeo in the case of Middlesborough. I joined in those chants with gusto (as one tends to do when in a crowd of likeminded individuals), but like you no way I'd chant that type of thing in the street!

mmm... That was probably me. A Leeds fan was sat behind me, and when he started to cheer Leeds on after about 2 minutes I advised him to be quiet otherwise the stewards would hoof him out the ground. He didnt listen. He started cheering after the goal and I had heard enough by then, so had stronger words. He left the ground on his own accord. The reason I had a go at him was because after the scuffles that went on, a bloke carried his young son out of the ground in tears. That shouldnt be happening and it only happened because the Leeds fans couldnt keep their mouths shut and all hell was about to break loose.

There was a bloke and a woman sat next to me who didnt reappear after half time. They were quiet in the first half but I would imagine they were Leeds as well..

Well good for you. He didn't look a thug but to be honest, I think a few were in our block, and drunk, but surprising kept their traps shut which is how it should be in this day and age...sadly. My Dad still talks about watching Wolves V Leicester all the fans mixed in drinking real ale! But you just can't do it because the songs ends in fighting due to the content!

MM

Archived