IGNORED

Maynard Contract

tower crane red

There is only one variable that matters, and that is the value NM has to BCFC.

With NM in the team, we can beat anyone... without him, we're languishing just above the relegation zone.

People saying he's worth £7m plus are right because that's what he is worth to the club... who cares what people are willing to pay... we dont need to sell for less than that.

With NM in the team, we can beat anyone... without him, we're languishing just above the relegation zone.

People saying he's worth £7m plus are right because that's what he is worth to the club... who cares what people are willing to pay... we dont need to sell for less than that.

Try telling that to SL is Maynard does not sign a new contract by the end of the summer

With NM in the team, we can beat anyone... without him, we're languishing just above the relegation zone.<quote]

Essentially your're saying that City are a 'one man team'. I would have agreed with you last season when Maynards goals kept us in the Championship but with the addition of Pitman, Stead and Keogh I think City's goalscoring options is far better than last season.

Pitman in particular reminds me of Maynard when he first arrived at City and with more Championship experience will only get better.

Essentially your're saying that City are a 'one man team'. I would have agreed with you last season when Maynards goals kept us in the Championship but with the addition of Pitman, Stead and Keogh I think City's goalscoring options is far better than last season.

Pitman in particular reminds me of Maynard when he first arrived at City and with more Championship experience will only get better.

Not at all, but Nicky is as important to us as Gerrard and Torres were for Liverpool.

I'd go as far as saying Nicky is in the top two or three players in this division, he could score goals in any team because he has that natural ability to score from anywhere.

Nicky takes us from being a lower mid-table side to a team that COULD beat anyone...

Pitman is a class player, but nothing like Nicky in that he scores most of his goals inside the box and likes to play off the shoulder more than Nicky. We have a lot more up front than this time last year, without a shadow of a doubt! but Nicky is still just as important to us because he scores goals from nothing.

I cant for a moment see the circumstances whereby SL would agree to sell Maynard, what would be the point?

If we have ambitions of top flight football (and we do) Why would we sell him? Do you think £5 -£10m will buy you a proven 20 goal a season young English star, who scores goals rated among the best in Europe as a replacement?

Thats why we will never sell Maynard.

Are you telling me you seriously believe we wouldn't sell Maynard for £10m? Get real.

Urff ok, we dont 'have'' to sell Maynard then.. :rolleyes: Steve Lansdown also said that we can turn down any offer. . Haha I agree with you., £4m is silly money, but the worng side of silly. We turned down bids of more than that last summer!

You know this how?

Why should we accept anything less? Peterborough put a price on McClean for £5 million. Ok, he didn't get sold at that, but Maynard is a much better player than him. Chopra was signed for £5 million. Maynard is better than him IMO. We have a young, English, talented striker and in an age where that means tripling the value of the player, it's typical of our fans to want to sell him for £3 million.

I didn't know this but he was sold for £1m so that was probably only said to increase offers for him. Maynard is in my opinion better than Chopra and is arguably the best striker in the league. However realistically no one is going to bid more than £5m for a player that has had one excellent season at Championship level. If Maynard hits 7/8 between now and the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer but I would be amazed if it was above £5m. I think Landsdown would sell for £5m and certainly something absurd like £10m! Think how many excellent Championship players you could add to the squad for that price not to mention how it would boost the accounts.

I think people need to be more positive and think about it the other way... I think Maynard will stay at least another season, firstly because nobody will want to buy him straight after his recovery from injury as there is always a chance his knee will go again. Personally, i am confident that if Lansdown is willing to spend in the summer, we have a good chance of promotion. It will be the second season under Millen and the players will be used to how things work.

So at the end of the day, IF we were promoted, we wouldn't be selling him anyway.

But to follow on from everyone else, if we were to sell him it would be around £8/10M, purely because of previous transfers and matching him to that e.g. Carroll £35M.

I think his value entirely depends on whether he signs a new deal or not.

If he doesn't sign, then I think he will be gone in the summer for between £3.5 & £6m to someone like Wigan or Wolves. I think this because, he is a proven goal-scorer as 20 goals in a struggling side shows and is capable of scoring goals from anywhere which is priceless in today's game. We wont sell for less than £3.5m as it wouldn't be worth our while but this, I believe, will be other clubs valuation of him, or near enough and I think we will only sell at this price IF he says he wants to go and wont sign a new deal and its near the end of the transfer window, otherwise I think we can realistically get £6m+ for him.

Anything less than £3.5m, I think it would be worth gambling on keeping him to see if his goals can get us near the top of the table and, hopefully, persuade him to sign a new deal and if not get rid of in the January window.

Personally, I would like to think he will sign a new deal after we got him through his long injury lay-off. He seems a nice lad so lets hope for a bit of loyalty.

So, we get one season more out of him, with all of the weaknesses in the side promotion is unlikely, he then leaves for nothing - Is that REALLY good value?

BTW - Why don't we need to sell? Or have you overlooked the huge losses, and are just assuming that SL will continue to waste his money on City?

Hopefully Nicky will have a strong opinion on the contract situation, as no doubt will his agent. However, I'm confident that Nicky would likely do right by us and sign at least a one year extension to repay SL and the club for getting him through his knee injury without panicking at our position and rushing him back early and possibly threatening his future career for BCFC's own short - term gain.

Come on Nicky (and your agent).........do the right thing by us and swerve us all panicking, ta

Archived