IGNORED

Maynard Contract

tower crane red

:city: how long has maynard got left on his current contract,me thinks it runs out end of next season :city: (or have i missed him signing a extention)

:city: time to get him tied down on a new deal asa,p push the boat out and get caulker and u have most of the spine of the team for a long time to come :city: ,just need that centre of midfield player to complete the spine of the team :city:

come on you reds otib,ctid

:city: how long has maynard got left on his current contract,me thinks it runs out end of next season :city: (or have i missed him signing a extention)

:city: time to get him tied down on a new

deal asa,p push the boat out and get caulker and u have most of the spine of the team for a long time to come :city: ,just need that centre of midfield player to complete the spine of the team :city:

come on you reds otib,ctid

Difficult times ahead, IMO if we don't get the new stadium then we can say goodbye to nicky Maynard, in today's game I suspect nicky could now get himself wages of approaching 20k a week maybe more. They can't be paid without a new stadium and that's why it's so important for all of those who think we can just stay at ag and continue to make a loss each year, as for caulker, again I suspect we would have to pay a minimum of 15-18k a week for him to drop down a division, can't see it personally, if qpr go up I think that's where he will be playing next season.

Difficult times ahead, IMO if we don't get the new stadium then we can say goodbye to nicky Maynard, in today's game I suspect nicky could now get himself wages of approaching 20k a week maybe more. They can't be paid without a new stadium and that's why it's so important for all of those who think we can just stay at ag and continue to make a loss each year, as for caulker, again I suspect we would have to pay a minimum of 15-18k a week for him to drop down a division, can't see it personally, if qpr go up I think that's where he will be playing next season.

Agree with all of this. and unfortunately I think the stadium is a long way of..

Nicky has one more year on his contract (I think) and he will soon have two choices, sign an extension so we can sell him for a good fee or let his contract run down.

Either way and it pains me to say it, I think he will be gone within 15months.

It will be interesting to see which way it turns out.

i think NM should sign a 2yr contract, out of respect of the club who has gave him his big chance in this league, then if we sell(which is very likely) so we can get some sort of profit out of it, or maybe put a 6mill get out clause or something like that.

I think he would sign if the money is right, with his performances he's now as said probably a 20k a week striker, unfortuantely respect does not come in to it much!!

Would love it if we signed caulker, problem is I'd expect him to play in the prem for Tottenham sooner rather than later, and if he was available a lot of bigger more resourceful clubs will be lining up to take him.

As for Nicky I hope contract negotiations are under way sooner rather than later, we certainly don't want another Goater situation.

I'd hope we're talking to him about a new contract with a release clause so we get a good fee when he leaves as he is certain to do.I'd be disappointed if he let his contract run down and left on a free.

Steve Lansdown via Sexstone would never allow Maynard to leave on a free. Maynard is a valuable asset after all. When he does eventually move on to a bigger club no doubt an add-clause would be included in the deal.Its very likely that Crewe had one when they sold him to us.

I think he would sign if the money is right, with his performances he's now as said probably a 20k a week striker, unfortuantely respect does not come in to it much!!

The more I read this sort of comment, the more it depresses me...

I can understand the persuasion of someone barely making ends meet to ditch a current employer for a larger pay check, anything to make finances easier... that makes perfect sense

However the idea of someone on 15k a week, moving to a club for an extra 5k... that just doesn't seem right, I can't believe that there is no employer loyality anymore, that a good group of friends at a club wouldn't be a factor when renegotiating a contract or looking for a move.

There are obvious factors which would make a move very attractive, say a club like Bolton or Everton made an offer, thats a chance at Premier League football season in season out, but with the Championship such a unpredictable league at the start of a season, I don't see him making a move within the league to better his chances of Premier League football, and as for a move to somewhere on the otherside of the country for what could be one season of top flight football, before relegation... which would result in you being moved off the books, I can't see that as an attractive option.

I think too many people on here spend all of their time playing Football Manager, where a simple algorithm is used to decide if a player stays or goes. I don't know Maynards personal situation, but you've got to remeber a move could mean moving the family across the country, sometimes to places like Hull... regardless of how ruthless the sport seems, there has to be an emotional side to decisions on contracts.

i think NM should sign a 2yr contract, out of respect of the club who has gave him his big chance in this league, then if we sell(which is very likely) so we can get some sort of profit out of it, or maybe put a 6mill get out clause or something like that.

Agree he seems a great lad though didn't he come down with his Mum to sign is first contract with us, the way he grabbed the badge and his run to the medical staff after scoring against Watford shows me he loves this club, i'm sure we will make at least £3m on him when he leaves in the next 18 months and with a good sell on clause as well.

We will get the stadium, and even if we didnt, we would not have to sell Nicky, Why would we do that? The figures you quote are meaningless, they are just random numbers. Fact is SL could quadruple our wage bill and make 20m available to KM without breaking into sweat. Why wont he i hear you ask? Well what kind of legacy would he leave behind for us then? A totally unsustainable Football Club heading for admin. Yeah, thanks Steve.

Agree he seems a great lad though didn't he come down with his Mum to sign is first contract with us, the way he grabbed the badge and his run to the medical staff after scoring against Watford shows me he loves this club, i'm sure we will make at least £3m on him when he leaves in the next 18 months and with a good sell on clause as well.

You seem sure he's leaving then? Anything can happen in football, Liverpool spent £35m on Caroll, say no bobby. But we wont sell Maynard, £3m and a sell on ? Glad your not at the helm! :laugh:

Got a very good feeling Nicky will sign a new deal in the summer, Was the first thing Coppell tried to do and of course the injury's, so summer it will happen.

We dont have to sell for financial reasons, we can turn away any bid from anyone. There are big clubs sniffing of course, but it would take a gigantic fee, like Carolls.

And I don't care what anyone says, Maynard is as good Caroll. If in doubt just take a look the goals Maynard scores, some are world class.

You seem sure he's leaving then? Anything can happen in football, Liverpool spent £35m on Caroll, say no bobby. But we wont sell Maynard, £3m and a sell on ? Glad your not at the helm! :laugh:

Got a very good feeling Nicky will sign a new deal in the summer, Was the first thing Coppell tried to do and of course the injury's, so summer it will happen.

We dont have to sell for financial reasons, we can turn away any bid from anyone. There are big clubs sniffing of course, but it would take a gigantic fee, like Carolls.

And I don't care what anyone says, Maynard is as good Caroll. If in doubt just take a look the goals Maynard scores, some are world class.

How much did we pay for him?, put £3m on that a bid for him in the £5m category means we make £3m , and a good sell on clause. When Maynard goes its will be for about £5m imo.

There are big clubs sniffing of course, but it would take a gigantic fee, like Carolls.

It's never going to be that much! If we got offered £10 million I reckon we'd accept it. SL could then put £6 million back into the team, which could sign 4-5 very good championship players, and then I wouldnt hold it against him if he went and bought himself a new boat or suit and kept the £4 million.

It's never going to be that much! If we got offered £10 million I reckon we'd accept it. SL could then put £6 million back into the team, which could sign 4-5 very good championship players, and then I wouldnt hold it against him if he went and bought himself a new boat or suit and kept the £4 million.

100% aggree, we have Pitman who looks like he will be just as good as Nicky, and boy do we need to spend some decent dosh on a left back, central midfielder, and maybe just maybe tempt Chaulker to sign

Maynard is worth nowhere near 10m! Not even half that.

He's had one impressive season of 21 Championship goals scored in a struggling side but has been long term injured for nearly all this season. No gaurantee that he'll get back to the same standard as last season, although the signs are there that he might. There a lot of good strikers out there both here and abroad and Maynard won't be on many big clubs shopping list just yet.

I cant for a moment see the circumstances whereby SL would agree to sell Maynard, what would be the point?

If we have ambitions of top flight football (and we do) Why would we sell him? Do you think £5 -£10m will buy you a proven 20 goal a season young English star, who scores goals rated among the best in Europe as a replacement?

Thats why we will never sell Maynard.

Maynard is worth nowhere near 10m! Not even half that.

He's had one impressive season of 21 Championship goals scored in a struggling side but has been long term injured for nearly all this season. No gaurantee that he'll get back to the same standard as last season, although the signs are there that he might. There a lot of good strikers out there both here and abroad and Maynard won't be on many big clubs shopping list just yet.

Wow i agree with a comment of your's. £10m is a joke.

100% aggree, we have Pitman who looks like he will be just as good as Nicky, and boy do we need to spend some decent dosh on a left back, central midfielder, and maybe just maybe tempt Chaulker to sign

Urrr, We can do this with Nicky?

What top class left back or midfield playermaker would be inspired by a club that sells its best players?

Steve Lansdown via Sexstone would never allow Maynard to leave on a free. Maynard is a valuable asset after all. When he does eventually move on to a bigger club no doubt an add-clause would be included in the deal.Its very likely that Crewe had one when they sold him to us.

Agree with that Alan.

Plus at least 10 out of the club in the summer so should be enough money about to offer NM a ghiant increase on his current contact and see him sign for 2 more years at least.

I dont think he wants out anyway, unless a big prem club comes sniffing

Agree with that Alan.

Plus at least 10 out of the club in the summer so should be enough money about to offer NM a ghiant increase on his current contact and see him sign for 2 more years at least.

I dont think he wants out anyway, unless a big prem club comes sniffing

Highest paid player in City's history comes to mind, knowing what a great asset he is two year contract makes sense and i see him going half way through that.

Archived