IGNORED

City V Norwich Match Thread

hinsleburg

Are Norwich really so high in the table? I'm not impressed with them at all. If it wasn't for Fontaine's gift there would be nothing between the two sides.

In terms of getting back into it, we really need Albert and Woolford to get round the back of their fullbacks a bit more and put in some dangerous crosses.

Really?????

I think Norwich look incredibly comfortable. An if not for a bit of fortune we could easily be 3 down. We look rushed in possession with little options and have created zilch. Unsure how the commentators haven't mentioned young Spences ballwatching which aided to the first goal.

Bring on the second half tho. An Pitman perhaps!!

It's open football - end to end if you like - I agree that it's like the past few games. The basics are lacking I'm afraid.

You are right...It is end to end. Norwich pass their way to our box, we then retain pocession, pass it twice like a hot potato, then hoof it upfield to Maynard...then it comes back again. It's bloody awful football for this supposed level. Fit and athletic they maybe, but footballers...nah!!! Not impressed.

What i don't understand is, people are saying it's crap football, but it's exactly what we've played like the last four games. If we had scored would people still see it that way? This is us...this is who we are, and what we've become. It's there for all to see. I'm sure if we score and scrape a 1-1, all will be well, and people will be happy. Do people really believe that 2 months in the summer, is going to change this? Just interested...not looking for an arguement.

Largely agree with that, only say the pompey performance, thought our passing was absolutely dismal for almost the whole 90 minutes, it's the same tonight, i wish they'd stop giving Fonts the ball as almost without fail he just aimlessly humps it up the pitch every time he gets it.

The problem we have is that our midfield is completely devoid of any creativity what-so-ever, Cisse is decent at breaking play up but can barely pass the ball 5 yards and Elliot isn't much better.

Cisse needs to stick to Hoolahan like glue as he is taking the piss out of us.

We need to get Johnson on as frankly you cant go around with a midfield completely deviod of any passing ability, Maynard needs some help, but as clarkson is the only player we have who can pick a pass he's stuck much too deep, get Lj on for Elliot and let clarkson occupy their sitting midfielder and Cisse concentrate on Hoolahan.

Really?????

I think Norwich look incredibly comfortable. An if not for a bit of fortune we could easily be 3 down. We look rushed in possession with little options and have created zilch. Unsure how the commentators haven't mentioned young Spences ballwatching which aided to the first goal.

Bring on the second half tho. An Pitman perhaps!!

I guess we all see different things. In my eyes Norwich are only ahead and made chances through our won mistakes rather than any brilliant play. They've given the ball away plenty too. Agree about Spence though - it's still early but I can't see what he offers more than Ribeiro.

Largely agree with that, only say the pompey performance, thought our passing was absolutely dismal for almost the whole 90 minutes, it's the same tonight, i wish they'd stop giving Fonts the ball as almost without fail he just aimlessly humps it up the pitch every time he gets it.

The problem we have is that our midfield is completely devoid of any creativity what-so-ever, Cisse is decent at breaking play up but can barely pass the ball 5 yards and Elliot isn't much better.

Cisse needs to stick to Hoolahan like glue as he is taking the piss out of us.

We need to get Johnson on as frankly you cant go around with a midfield completely deviod of any passing ability, Maynard needs some help, but as clarkson is the only player we have who can pick a pass he's stuck much too deep, get Lj on for Elliot and let clarkson occupy their sitting midfielder and Cisse concentrate on Hoolahan.

This is why i've been saying for ages, that you can't always play with 2 wingers. Woolford and Albert are not seeing the ball. Norwich have us sussed. We need to pack the midfield, and play one winger.

I think we are lucky to be only 1 down still, we are giving the ball away far too much and are allowing Norwich far to much space and time to pick a pass, also we seem second to every ball at times, if we can get Albert on the ball more we might be in with chance need to get more service to Maynard he seems isolated and not able to get any decent chances to score

Archived