IGNORED

Millen Speaks On Hunt

B-Rizzle

Just seen Keith's pre-match for Donny on player.

Adam baker asks him directly about Nicky Hunt.

Keith said...

"Nicky is part of the squad, he trains every day, he's not a problem, he's fit and played in the reserves this week and is one of the few defenders that is actually match fit".

Anyone else seen the vid? what do you make of it? Could Hunt be in the squad for Saturday?

Just seen Keith's pre-match for Donny on player.

Adam baker asks him directly about Nicky Hunt.

Keith said...

"Nicky is part of the squad, he trains every day, he's not a problem, he's fit and played in the reserves this week and is one of the few defenders that is actually match fit".

Anyone else seen the vid? what do you make of it? Could Hunt be in the squad for Saturday?

He might be. I doubt it though. Interesting comments nonetheless. Seems the depression rumours could just be make believe.

He might be. I doubt it though. Interesting comments nonetheless. Seems the depression rumours could just be make believe.

As some one who has suffered with depression it can effect your work etc,

James highlighted somthing along these lines in his telegraph coloum as well as the well documented cases of Tresco and Yardy for England,

If thats the reason he's been a major flop then I feel for him,

He could do a Steve Jones esq turn around at AG and play a blinder if picked scoring a hat-trick

<br />As some one who has suffered with depression it can effect your work etc,<br />James highlighted somthing along these lines in his telegraph coloum as well as the well documented cases of Tresco and Yardy for England,<br /><br />If thats the reason he's been a major flop then I feel for him,<br />He could do a Steve Jones esq turn around at AG and play a blinder if picked scoring a hat-trick<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Haven't seen the interview, just going on the OP's comments. Hunt has been far from satisfactory- we can all agree there is an underlying issue.. Whatever it may be, but i do hope he plays Saturday and he plays well. Im sure he wants put his poor performances behind him and be paying first team football, and wouldn't it be nice to read something about him other than, shite shite shite?

I think Millens remarks regarding Hunt were very non-committal. Hunts fit, played midweek and in the squad. Thats it.

We could speculate all day about whether Hunt will play.

From what Millen said, McAllister is the fittest of all the crocks and I definately got the impression that he'll start at left back against Donny. That would mean Nyatanga moving to center back alongside Stewart with Spence at right back. No starting spot for Hunt is my guess. Probably be on the bench though.

I think Millens remarks regarding Hunt were very non-committal. Hunts fit, played midweek and in the squad. Thats it.

We could speculate all day about whether Hunt will play.

From what Millen said, McAllister is the fittest of all the crocks and I definately got the impression that he'll start at left back against Donny. That would mean Nyatanga moving to center back alongside Stewart with Spence at right back. No starting spot for Hunt is my guess. Probably be on the bench though.

Surely Ribeiro will be on the bench, not Hunt.

Surely Ribeiro will be on the bench, not Hunt.

Ribeiro's injured.

Defensively, what about Wilson, Ball, or even Holloway amongst the subs?

Not Hunt surely, that would be a real downer on the afternoon.

If he's on the bench it's possible he might even get on the pitch.ohmy.gif

I'd get shot of Ribs there is no room to carry players anymore even if he has come through the ranks,

Whats the point in keep a player who can only play 8 games a season

It could be that Ribiero has some sort of posture problem and thats what causing all these injury problems. No doubt thats being looked into to.

You reckon City should off load him? Tell me who'll take a player with his recent injury problems.

It could be that Ribiero has some sort of posture problem and thats what causing all these injury problems. No doubt thats being looked into to.

You reckon City should off load him? Tell me who'll take a player with his recent injury problems.

We signed Brooker didn't we - we cant be the only club to this sort of thing??

Ribeiro's injured.

Defensively, what about Wilson, Ball, or even Holloway amongst the subs?

Not Hunt surely, that would be a real downer on the afternoon.

If he's on the bench it's possible he might even get on the pitch.ohmy.gif

He's been out with an ankle injury for about a month hopes to be back for the last academy game in a week or two.

I said at the start of the week that McAllister would play, if Ribeiro is injured yet again I'm even more sure of it.

We signed Brooker didn't we - we cant be the only club to this sort of thing??

Donny signed Brooker when he was in far worst shape than when he joined us from Vale. In fact Brooker at his best was a very usefull striker and did well for us.

And... Brooker was an established player whereas Ribiero is not.

I haven't seen the interview either but if Millen is saying there is no problem and that he is fit and ready having played in the Reserves, and then he STILL does not feature, well that would be very telling indeed given our situation.

I bet Millen wishes we were away on Saturday where he could perhaps play Hunt and there would be less pressure.

I haven't seen the interview either but if Millen is saying there is no problem and that he is fit and ready having played in the Reserves, and then he STILL does not feature, well that would be very telling indeed given our situation.

I bet Millen wishes we were away on Saturday where he could perhaps play Hunt and there would be less pressure.

I just listened to it- he does says he's fit and available and also that he doesn't have many match fit defenders, basically Stewart, Spence, Nyatanga and Edwards, with McAllister the fittest of the 3 who played half a game for the reserves in midweek.

I'd still be amazed if Hunt is in Saturday's squad though and it appears that understandably Millen is also starting to lose patience with Ribeiro's continued unavailability (hamstring injury this time, already been out for two weeks), as well.

Ribs was Sub for our last game. So i presume he's done this injury in training?

Looks like he needs to be treated with kid gloves and have special training methods for himself.

This article about Bellamy is interesting...perhaps it's the way forward. Makes perfect sense to me. Giggs is another one, who has incorperated Yoga into his fitness training. Everyone is built different, so it makes sense for every individual to have their own training plan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9256151.stm

just seen millens interview it was a bit strange that he didnt mention Hunt atall when talking about the options and available defenders untill he was asked directly about Hunt so i don't think he is in Millens plans! It is all abit odd tho wounder if we will find out the real issues with him???

Looks like Jamie Mac will be back in on sat, nice to see they are all keen and want to get back planning tho!

This article about Bellamy is interesting...perhaps it's the way forward. Makes perfect sense to me. Giggs is another one, who has incorperated Yoga into his fitness training. Everyone is built different, so it makes sense for every individual to have their own training plan.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9256151.stm

That Bellamy article was written in December, by when he'd managed to make 11 starts, for a 31 year old with a known injury problem he has now managed a very respectable 27 games this season, starting all but one of them. To mention Giggs, who I believe is now 37 and who has looked to extend his career well beyond the normal length (600+ league games for Man U) is not exactly comparing like for like with a 21 year old with no sort of record of ever being available regularly for league football, is it?

Fact is Ribeiro has managed just 8 starts for us this season and has been available for well under half of our games (one of his two loan spells was also cut short by injury after 2 games) and I believe if it was any other player at the club the criticism of this would be far more severe.

I just don't think we can rely on him to be available often enough to hold down a place in the first team squad now, it has gone on for over two seasons and he shows no sign of improving his desperate injury record.

That Bellamy article was written in December, by when he'd managed to make 11 starts, for a 31 year old with a known injury problem he has now managed a very respectable 27 games this season, starting all but one of them. To mention Giggs, who I believe is now 37 and who has looked to extend his career well beyond the normal length (600+ league games for Man U) is not exactly comparing like for like with a 21 year old with no sort of record of ever being available regularly for league football, is it?

Fact is Ribeiro has managed just 8 starts for us this season and has been available for well under half of our games (one of his two loan spells was also cut short by injury after 2 games) and I believe if it was any other player at the club the criticism of this would be far more severe.

I just don't think we can rely on him to be available often enough to hold down a place in the first team squad now, it has gone on for over two seasons and he shows no sign of improving his desperate injury record.

There was a player a few years ago that kept getting niggly little injuries all of the time and i believe it was eventually put down to growing pains, The club he was at persevered with him until he had grew into his frame. That player was Steven Gerrard. Could 'Ribs' be suffering the same problems?

There was a player a few years ago that kept getting niggly little injuries all of the time and i believe it was eventually put down to growing pains, The club he was at persevered with him until he had grew into his frame. That player was Steven Gerrard. Could 'Ribs' be suffering the same problems?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/player-statistics/8243

Aside from his first season (when he was 18) he's averaged over 30 games a season playing in a league which has 38 games largely for a manager who favoured rotation.

He had about 75 first team games under his belt by the time he was Ribeiro's current age. They're not really comparable availability records.

One thing that seems unfair to me throughout this thread regarding Ribiero is the insinuation that his injuries are somehow his own fault. No player likes to be injured and missing games. Give the lad a break.

Fact is he's been desperately unlucky. Firstly his knee, then hamstring, ankle and now another hamstring. There might well be an underlying problem and no doubt the clubs medical team will be doing all they can to get him fit again.

One thing that seems unfair to me throughout this thread regarding Ribiero is the insinuation that his injuries are somehow his own fault. No player likes to be injured and missing games. Give the lad a break.

Fact is he's been desperately unlucky. Firstly his knee, then hamstring, ankle and now another hamstring. There might well be an underlying problem and no doubt the clubs medical team will be doing all they can to get him fit again.

I don't know where you got that idea from, nobody's suggesting the injuries are Ribeiro's fault, and the last thing he needs is a break.

He's 22 this year. He's played half a dozen games for us and probably been unavailable through injury more than half his professional career.

Whose fault it is isn't relevant, he's taking up a place in the squad but not able to play or develop. At some point you have to give that place to another young player who might be able to do something with it.

That would be a very sad outcome but unless something changes soon there is no alternative.

I don't know where you got that idea from, nobody's suggesting the injuries are Ribeiro's fault, and the last thing he needs is a break.

He's 22 this year. He's played half a dozen games for us and probably been unavailable through injury more than half his professional career.

Whose fault it is isn't relevant, he's taking up a place in the squad but not able to play or develop. At some point you have to give that place to another young player who might be able to do something with it.

That would be a very sad outcome but unless something changes soon there is no alternative.

ribs has confirmed ages ago that he's on a special training programme because of his knee injury, which has left him open to injury. Not sure if the programme is to fully rehabilitate three injury our simply manage his fitness. Either way, his trainer needs to be evaluated as it's not working!

Such a shame...we'd have a cracking player on our hands if it wasn't for that knee injury.

Squad size and wages are now very precious Not sure when his contract is up ? But if it's the summer I think he maybe let go or a 1 year deal to prove himself .

Yoga is fantastic to relieve your tightness and get your body working correctly . I'm amazed it's not compulsory at all football clubs!

I used to do it back in my playing days and not only did it relieve muscles that were strained it also gets muscles in areas of your body you don't normally use working!

If certain muscles of ribs body aren't working as they should he's gonna be over compensating in other areas! Ribs could have a problem with his neck which effects his back which effects his hamstrings which eventually leads to him running in a slightly different way which in turn effects his ankle !

Robbered wasn't a million miles away when he mentioned his posture!

Whatevers causing it the boy needs alot of work

Ribs was Sub for our last game. So i presume he's done this injury in training?

Looks like he needs to be treated with kid gloves and have special training methods for himself.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9256151.stm

Ribs football career ended at Peterborough on August the 13th 2008. You dont fully recover from that severity of cruciate rupture. :no:

All these problems are a direct result of it...he was never injurred to this extent before that fateful evening...in fact as I remember he was as solid as a frozen pie.

He has over a years Contract to run, with some financial agreement from the Club and a insurance funded medical retirement he could set himself up for the future very well.

I said two weeks ago that we would never see him in a BC shirt again and I still believe thats the case. Football isnt the only fruit and a few seasons as a sicknote is a massive price to pay for a body riddled with the constant pain of Arthritis in 25 years time.

Im talking from experience when I say this..:yes: not just mine but from several ex professional and semi professionals I know in their mid 50,s who can just about manage to pull their socks on each morning

Archived