IGNORED

Season Ticket Stopped

dafarms

I wasn't going to bother to post, but after a few days I am still really p***ed off about the way Bristol City football club have treated me. I posted on here last Weds about being arrested at Millwall for so say being "Drunk " entering a football ground, and what happened to me and my old man afterwards. Altough I have not been convicted off anything, BCFC have stopped my season ticket because on I am on bail.

I hope to be found "Not Guilty", but I am disgusted that BCFC in a way have already convicted me. If I am found not guilty, I am seriously concidering whether to cancel my "Family Season Tickets", that I have already started to pay for on the monthly option. Does anyone know how I stand, because I have rang the finance company who have informed me that they have already paid BCFC for the tickets and I wouid have to get BCFC to pay the company back. If I am not going to be allowed into the Gate, why should I be paying for a seat

I think all clubs do it untill its all been sorted out. If he was a problem, which the poster obviously isnt, and went on some mad rampage in the ground after getting nicked. There would be crys of "why didnt they stop his season ticket when he was arrested".

Just because all clubs do it, does not make it right. Dafarms should be innocent until proven guilty. Is he really likely to go on a rampage? He wasn't even arrested for a violent offence!

The whole thing is very, very harsh on you and (for what it's worth) you have my support and sympathy.

I've read accounts of the arrests of some of the UK Uncut activists who did nowt but had the 'gall' to peacefully occupy tax dodgers Fortnum & Mason for a couple of hours in March. None had caused damage or been offensive and all had been promised by the police they could leave unmolested after having 'made their point' peacefully. Of course, on exit 100+ were randomly nicked, shipped to cop shops in the distant perimeter of London, had their clothes, phones and in some cases wallets/purses confiscated ("

As evidence, for up to 3 months") before being released with just 'custody suite' paper overalls the following evening.

Your case is very different, but is more evidence of how we seem to be becoming a police state - with the cops and others being allowed to sh!t all over us.

The club doesn't have a leg to stand on and hopefully your ST will be reactivated when the case is dropped or you're acquitted. You then have a good claim for compensation for any matches you've missed.

No, i doubt he would go on a rampage. All i meant was, you can see why clubs have it in place. Doesnt make it right.

To be fair, what else was the club supposed to do? If you're cleared of all charges, as I imagine you will be, you'll get your season ticket back. Until then, the club have little option but to try to keep you away from the ground.

I imagine that it's a condition of being allowed to play in the Football League that this approach is taken.

I think all clubs do it untill its all been sorted out. If he was a problem, which the poster obviously isnt, and went on some mad rampage in the ground after getting nicked. There would be crys of "why didnt they stop his season ticket when he was arrested".

Some sense has to be shown by BCFC (and other clubs) in such situations rather than applying a blanket banning order. They should examine the reason for the arrest having been made and react accordingly. Dafarms is not accused of any act of violence and has endangered nobody. Why then enforce a banning order?

At this moment in time he is accused - not convicted - of a fairly minor breach of the law.

If people were banned for being drunk in charge of a season ticket then the crowd would be halved for most clubs at most home games.

Even if dafarms were to be found guilty, surely 'entering a football ground whilst drunk' is not an automatic banning offence?

How daft is this rule. After all they sell drink in the ground dont they? Sounds hypocritical to me. i.e. You cant come in drunk, but you can get drunk once your in!! (Half the Atyeo should be chucked out after half time if they follow this stupid logic)

Some sense has to be shown by BCFC (and other clubs) in such situations rather than applying a blanket banning order. They should examine the reason for the arrest having been made and react accordingly. Dafarms is not accused of any act of violence and has endangered nobody. Why then enforce a banning order?

At this moment in time he is accused - not convicted - of a fairly minor breach of the law.

If people were banned for being drunk in charge of a season ticket then the crowd would be halved for most clubs at most home games.

Since when do bristol city show common sense?

How daft is this rule. After all they sell drink in the ground dont they? Sounds hypocritical to me. i.e. You cant come in drunk, but you can get drunk once your in!! (Half the Atyeo should be chucked out after half time if they follow this stupid logic)

But even if it was thought he had committed an arrestable offence, why would a ban be considered?

I seem to remember that one of the City fans absurdly arrested at Walsall for 'being drunk' decided to plead guilty to avoid hassle and got a £100 fine.

Almost certain there was no talk of a banning order.

the club apply this ban after consultation with A & S OB, lets be fair how do the club get to know dafarms as been arrested, he is banned by the club on the say so of the police, personally suffered the exact same fate and had to miss the play off final at wembley and then was found not guilty so missed one of the biggest game for years.

Dafarms you will get the e-mail every friday lunchtime from the club asking for your support quite ironic when they choose to adopt a blanket ban whenever they are told to instead of looking into individual cases.

yours MR.

I wasn't going to bother to post, but after a few days I am still really p***ed off about the way Bristol City football club have treated me. I posted on here last Weds about being arrested at Millwall for so say being "Drunk " entering a football ground, and what happened to me and my old man afterwards. Altough I have not been convicted off anything, BCFC have stopped my season ticket because on I am on bail.

I hope to be found "Not Guilty", but I am disgusted that BCFC in a way have already convicted me. If I am found not guilty, I am seriously concidering whether to cancel my "Family Season Tickets", that I have already started to pay for on the monthly option. Does anyone know how I stand, because I have rang the finance company who have informed me that they have already paid BCFC for the tickets and I wouid have to get BCFC to pay the company back. If I am not going to be allowed into the Gate, why should I be paying for a seat

Surely not gulity until convicted? If found not guilty how does the club reimburse the matches you have missed?

Apparantly it is unlawful to be drunk in a public place. But, what is the definition of being drunk anyway?

In public drunkenness the standard is subjective, meaning the person must be unable to care for himself, be dangerous to himself or others, be causing a disturbance, or refuse to leave or move along when requested

Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know how I would stand about getting the money back on next seasons family season ticket, as I cannot beleive I will have to carry on paying the monthly bill if I am not allowed into the ground, because at present I don't want feel like going back, if allowed.

Thanks for the replies, but does anyone know how I would stand about getting the money back on next seasons family season ticket, as I cannot beleive I will have to carry on paying the monthly bill if I am not allowed into the ground, because at present I don't want feel like going back, if allowed.

God knows mate, try Citizen's Advice maybe, they'll be a lot clearer about the in's and out's than the club I suspect

My guess is that there is no proof you have breached the terms of your season ticket. Worth looking at the small print, but I doubt it says arrests qualify as such.

Ask the club to confirm in writing which terms you have breached.

If they can't clarify this then they haven't a leg to stand on, surely. If they simply don't want you in the ground any more then they would have to provide a refund, because they have failed to provide a product or service that was paid for.

Hope it works out for you.

Cancel the direct debit until everything is sorted, I bet the club will look to resolve things then.

I would not advise this as the agreement you have is not with the club, but is with the finance company. If you miss payments you risk harming your credit rating/ receiving charges for doing so. This would certainly make no differnce to city resolving your issue.

I would not advise this as the agreement you have is not with the club, but is with the finance company. If you miss payments you risk harming your credit rating/ receiving charges for doing so. This would certainly make no differnce to city resolving your issue.

This is quite right, it's just very annoying and frustrating to hear this type of story, it would not surprise me in the least to find out he gets banned for 3 years

Apparantly it is unlawful to be drunk in a public place. But, what is the definition of being drunk anyway?

In public drunkenness the standard is subjective, meaning the person must be unable to care for himself, be dangerous to himself or others, be causing a disturbance, or refuse to leave or move along when requested

That should take care of most politician's then.

Look on the positive side... season over .... massive compensation claim against the Met Police.

Frankly though I am appalled by the Club's stance. An allegation of violence maybe, but unproven charge of being merry entering a football ground - get real City. Serves them right if they lose a loyal fan. Christ in the 70's Ashton Gate would have been empty on this basis.

You have my sympathy .... ethnic cleansing of real football fans. What sterile places football grounds are becoming.

Archived