IGNORED

Season Ticket Stopped

dafarms

No Stoney was not kicked out, and went out of the ground to chat to Tommy, who just said " He has been arrested for being drunk, so leave it at that for your best interests", then Tommy let him back in the ground. So NO he was not up to " His Old Tricks".

Spotted Stoney staggering down West Street at about 6pm this evening. Looked like he'd had more than a couple of shandies.

Spotted Stoney staggering down West Street at about 6pm this evening. Looked like he'd had more than a couple of shandies.

And?

Jesus, its a hot day, the fella is probably 60 +, he,s had the crack with some friends and now you are making him out to be some sort of villian?

You ought to see a few leaving my local a hour ago!!!

The days where people communicated by talking seem to have gone in Britain.

Why couldn't the cop at Millwall just take Daframs to one side and say, "we know you've had a drink, just remember to behave, if you don't we are watching you and you will be arrested, now go and enjoy the game".

Why can't Bristol City get him in for a chat see that he's not a threat and again say "you're welcome to continue coming until a court tells us you are banned from football grounds, which hopefully they never will, make sure you behave yourself in the meantime.

God, if I had a ban for every time I've gone into a ground with a few drinks inside me, I'd never be allowed to set foot in a stadium again and I think that goes for a few thousand of us.

Couldn't agree more. Why any action other than this should be taken is simply baffling. What an absurd situation...it really does make you despair.

Hello, I'm Amanda Jacks from the Football Supporters Federation who I work for full time. Part of my role is to advise and assist any supporter who may find themselves arrested or banned by their club or who may like to bring a complaint against the police or a football club. We have access to excellent solicitors, both criminal and civil, and initial advice is given free of charge.

As many have pointed out, it is possible to get arrested and charged for an offence allegedly committed at a football match that may see you get no more than a slap on the wrist had it happened elsewhere. Following a charge, the CPS will apply for a banning order to be given; it is vital that anybody arrested secures decent legal representation which can and will make all the difference.

More info here: http://www.fsf.org.u...-in-trouble.php and this is worth printing off: http://www.fsf.org.u...ards-Web(1).pdf

www.fsf.org.uk

amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk

thank you for your post i know any advice will help as da farms is a close friend of mine and he and us are trying to understand why he has been prosecuted for something thousands do week in week out to have a couple of beers before entering a football ground .

I would recommend the FSF I had a lot of support and help from them last season after the whole Cardiff incident. Also today worth noting a lad who is commonly known for being absolutely trashed at City games was refused entry into the away end of Bramall Lane today as he was deemed overly drunk, but wasn't arrested and managed to buy himself a ticket in the home end where he watched the whole match. Seems very inconsistent policing, which isn't fair for anybody.

If anyone is interested, I went to court on Weds, and pleaded Not Guilty. The magistates have bailed me to re-appear at a later date, and have lifted all the bail conditions, so I am NOT banned from any football stadiums or surrounding area's. Made me a little happier yesterday, only for it all to go very sour today, as I went to Ashton gate to get my season ticket re-ativated. When I got there I had a phone call from the saftey officer who told me I am still banned by the club until the end of the court proceedings.

He said the club and the police have an agreement that anyone under investigation, are banned from Ashton Gate until they are found "Not Guilty". and then they will look at lifting the ban, so the clubs policy is you are " Guilty until proven innocent". Yesterday when I got home from court and told my son I was not banned for the Hull game, he was over the moon, only for him to be devestated when I picked him up from school and had to tell him, " Bristol City" have now banned me.

I feel gutted and so let down by the club, the club I have followed for 34 years, I have to ask my self " Why bother "

If anyone is interested, I went to court on Weds, and pleaded Not Guilty. The magistates have bailed me to re-appear at a later date, and have lifted all the bail conditions, so I am NOT banned from any football stadiums or surrounding area's. Made me a little happier yesterday, only for it all to go very sour today, as I went to Ashton gate to get my season ticket re-ativated. When I got there I had a phone call from the saftey officer who told me I am still banned by the club until the end of the court proceedings.

He said the club and the police have an agreement that anyone under investigation, are banned from Ashton Gate until they are found "Not Guilty". and then they will look at lifting the ban, so the clubs policy is you are " Guilty until proven innocent". Yesterday when I got home from court and told my son I was not banned for the Hull game, he was over the moon, only for him to be devestated when I picked him up from school and had to tell him, " Bristol City" have now banned me.

I feel gutted and so let down by the club, the club I have followed for 34 years, I have to ask my self " Why bother "

I've supported the club on this subject, as I can see where they are coming from in general, but there has been absolutely NO common sense used in this case. At all.

I don't know you in the slightest but you come across as level headed and responsible, and the "crime" you apparently comitted does not merit this punishment at all. Whilst I am sure it is of absolutely no consulation to you, but you have my upmost support on this subject (and more than likely the rest of the support on this forum who are aware of your plight)

I feel it is now getting beyond a joke for you, with no bail conditions placed upon you to still be "banned". My advice is for you to contact Steve Lansdown and/or Colin Sexton, politely outlining what has happened to you. I have every faith that contacting these people will see an end to this very avoidable debacle.

Good luck to you, I hope that this affair will not put you off supporting this club.

Ridiculous situation mucker, hard to know what to say. I just cannot see if the court has lifted all bail conditions and you are not banned from any ground how your season ticket could not be reactivated for the final game of the season?

Surely that is correct aint it?

So, in other words, David L was talking b******* when suggesting it was purely down to 'bail conditions'? There's a surprise. I just hope you don't end up giving up on the club you love, because the club are unable to communicate to and look after fans properly.

That is ******* disgusting and makes mockery of DaveL's really shitty bail excuse. Please write to the FSF.

If the club aren't prepared to be reasonable then you can always take them to the small claims court for a refund.

• Admin

Pretty sure the Evening Post would jump at the chance to publish how the courts are happy for you to attend games but City still don't want you in their stadium.

I suppose it's a lot easier to steward games if ticket holders don't attend, maybe they should just ban all adult season ticket holders on the off chance we've had a pre-match shandy, let's face it, most of us will have done and it's only the fact that the Police can't arrest 11000 of us that we haven't been nicked for it. The kids wouldn't be allowed in either then under the T&Cs stating that they must be accompanied by an adult :D

Why don't we just do away with Parliament and the Courts and let the Police make up the Law as they go along ?

Pretty sure the Evening Post would jump at the chance to publish how the courts are happy for you to attend games but City still don't want you in their stadium.

I suppose it's a lot easier to steward games if ticket holders don't attend, maybe they should just ban all adult season ticket holders on the off chance we've had a pre-match shandy, let's face it, most of us will have done and it's only the fact that the Police can't arrest 11000 of us that we haven't been nicked for it. The kids wouldn't be allowed in either then under the T&Cs stating that they must be accompanied by an adult :D

Tbh Ian i think the EP would love the storey. Why dont the fella contact them to see what they say? Feel sorry for his lad as well who wont be able to go without his dad to the final day

Why don't we just do away with Parliament and the Courts and let the Police make up the Law as they go along ?

That's exactly what the Police want. Our Police now model themselves on the German Gestapo Police - they too were answerable to no one not even Herr Adolf Hitler himself.

Archived