IGNORED

Woolford...

spudski

Needs a good game soon. I've seen nothing from this lad yet, that makes me think he's any good.

Imho, He could be one of City's worse signings ever, unless he pulls his finger out. I hope he does.

I know we needed a left sided player, but so far he has looked like a panic buy and a knee jerk reaction.

Hopefully, he will be one of those players, that settles down over the summer, and starts paying back some of the faith KM had in him, early next season.

Needs a good game soon. I've seen nothing from this lad yet, that makes me think he's any good.

Imho, He could be one of City's worse signings ever, unless he pulls his finger out. I hope he does.

I know we needed a left sided player, but so far he has looked like a panic buy and a knee jerk reaction.

Hopefully, he will be one of those players, that settles down over the summer, and starts paying back some of the faith KM had in him, early next season.

are you sure one of citys worst signings ? thats a very long list

Some players click immediately, some take a while and some never settle. We'll find out next season I think.:fingerscrossed:

i would agree with this.

very few players actually play well for a new club when they are signed in the January window

Wait till he has a pre season behind him and i think he will be ok.

The baffling part, like many other previous City signings, is that he was playng really well and was well liked by his previous fans and qualified for regular awards ther, albeit in a slightly less able team? Sounds daft but we seem to have the ability to make good players very average?

Adebola and Nick Carle did OK in 2007/8.

Woolford would immediately improve in my eyes if he got his bloody hair cut.

And thus would as a matter of course have to ditch the elastic band round his head!!!!!

Meant to come from mining country in Yorkshire - Bet Arthur Scargill and the boys are very proud of him.

Your posts range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Seemingly this is the latter. Did you put any thought into this sentence before you wrote it? Woolford was widely regarded as S****horpe's best player, from a team who have a reputation of polishing players into finished products. Knee-jerk how exactly? We needed natural width and raided a smaller team in this league for their best asset. I have absolutely no idea how you have reached that conclusion.

Your posts range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Seemingly this is the latter. Did you put any thought into this sentence before you wrote it? Woolford was widely regarded as S****horpe's best player, from a team who have a reputation of polishing players into finished products. Knee-jerk how exactly? We needed natural width and raided a smaller team in this league for their best asset. I have absolutely no idea how you have reached that conclusion.

I am purely going on what i have seen with my own eyes.

What he has done for S****horpe is irrevelent now he is in a City shirt.

He has done absolutely nothing since being with us.

I know some players take time to settle, but even so, he has shown no glimpse of quality since signing for us. And as has been suggested by others, looks lacking confidence in his own ability.

When you say we needed natural width, just because he's a winger and left footed...that fills the void?

JCR is average, but is miles better on the left, even though he's predominately right footed.

At least he has pace, can cross a ball and occassionally beat his player.

I've seen none of these attributes from Woolford yet...

KM obviously thinks the same, as he's been dropped to the bench.

BTW...can you give me a list of all these 'polished' players S****horpe have produced please...I'm interested.

Some players click immediately, some take a while and some never settle. We'll find out next season I think.:fingerscrossed:

Yeah, too early to write off - let's see next season. He isn't looking a great signing yet but when settled in with a full pre-season he may be a different player.

I definitely wouldn't be playing JCR down the left though - he cut in EVERY goddam time in the first half. First time he goes outside on 46 minutes we get a goal and he seems to fail to make the connection and persists with cutting in again afterwards. Seems lacking a bit of a football brain if I'm honest.

What he has done for S****horpe is irrevelent now he is in a City shirt.

He has done absolutely nothing since being with us.

No, it isn't. You can't call him a 'panic-buy' or a 'knee jerk' when you would base any purchase ENTIRELY on his previous history.

BTW...can you give me a list of all these 'polished' players S****horpe have produced please...I'm interested.

Sharp, Keogh, Paterson, Keogh, Hooper.

Rest of your post is in your words 'irrelevent', I don't deny he's been disappointing.

No, it isn't. You can't call him a 'panic-buy' or a 'knee jerk' when you would base any purchase ENTIRELY on his previous history.

Sharp, Keogh, Paterson, Keogh, Hooper.

Rest of your post is in your words 'irrelevent', I don't deny he's been disappointing.

Well his previous history doesn't inspire me tbh. I don't think he is the answer to our left of midfield. Is he any better than any other City player we've had in that position since being promoted? Personally...I don't think so.

It's also interesting to note that Scunny have collected 17 points since he left, in just 2 1/2 months.

I hope he proves me wrong and comes good next season, but tbh, I don't think he's good enough.

He may shine in a relegated team or League 1 side though.

As for the rest of my post being irrelevent, I don't think that's the case at all.

We bought Woolford in to give us a naturally left footed player, on the left, to give us some balance and provide some crosses for our forwards. He hasn't stepped up to the plate, and we are using JCR in his place. Hardly inspireing.

From what i understand, New Defenders and some Central Midfielders are needed for next seasons onslaught. The pressure will definately be on him next season to produce. It's him or JCR on the left. JCR is all huff and puff, but with very little composure when it comes to crosses or shots. He gets the occasional one right. Woolford will have to be considerably better to make any improvement.

I'm all for giving the bloke a chance...all i'm saying is i haven't seen anything yet. Settling into a team is one thing. Showing individual skill, awareness, speed etc is another. I've seen none of these yet.

Big move for the lad, off the field, it's the first time he's moved from yorkshire so was always going to take time to settle off the field, which in turn will always effect someone on the field.

Did enough at Scunny to show he's a decent player, but obviously that doesn't count for some (which is wrong in my view)

Has created a few goals so far, (the clever corner which looked crap at first until we released it was actually sneaky ball to Maynard springs to mind) has also shown in parts that he can beat his man, doesn't look like he is the sort of player like Murray/Bert, more of a quietly effective player like McIndoe,

Next season is the time to judge, (even if some refuse to give people anytime)

Big move for the lad, off the field, it's the first time he's moved from yorkshire so was always going to take time to settle off the field, which in turn will always effect someone on the field.

Did enough at Scunny to show he's a decent player, but obviously that doesn't count for some (which is wrong in my view)

Has created a few goals so far, (the clever corner which looked crap at first until we released it was actually sneaky ball to Maynard springs to mind) has also shown in parts that he can beat his man, doesn't look like he is the sort of player like Murray/Bert, more of a quietly effective player like McIndoe,

Next season is the time to judge, (even if some refuse to give people anytime)

I actually agree with every single word of this post. As I said on another thread Woolford and possibly Cisse will almost certainly improve and we will start to see the best of them in a team that is more consistent, which hopefully we will see next season, they both just look like that sort of player.

I don't understand all this 'settling in' mullarky. He's moved from Yorkshire FFS...not Mars. I know they have six fingers up there, and it must be confusing for the chap...especially when the Physio is holding up his hand asking 'how many fingers can you see?'...but i just don't buy into it, and it's a lame excuse for many players, perpetuated by managers to cover their backs. Fans just buy into it.

Yes, it takes a while for players to get accustomed to his new team mates, and the managers tactics. But It hasn't bothered Caulker. And Spence only took a couple of games to find his feet.

Nicky Maynard took time to settle, but at least he showed signs of brilliance to start with.

Woolford has shown nothing imho. He was brought in to do a job for us this season, hense buying him in January. He hasn't delivered.

Like i've said, i'm all for giving players a chance, and i do hope he turns his game around...soon.

I'd like to see what peoples comments would have been like, if Caulker and Spence had not delivered after 2 1/2 months.

Would people have said,give them more time they need to settle?

No...they stood up to the plate, and did the job asked of them from pretty much day one. That's the difference.

I don't understand all this 'settling in' mullarky. He's moved from Yorkshire FFS...not Mars. I know they have six fingers up there, and it must be confusing for the chap...especially when the Physio is holding up his hand asking 'how many fingers can you see?'...but i just don't buy into it, and it's a lame excuse for many players, perpetuated by managers to cover their backs. Fans just buy into it.

Yes, it takes a while for players to get accustomed to his new team mates, and the managers tactics. But It hasn't bothered Caulker. And Spence only took a couple of games to find his feet.

Nicky Maynard took time to settle, but at least he showed signs of brilliance to start with.

Woolford has shown nothing imho. He was brought in to do a job for us this season, hense buying him in January. He hasn't delivered.

Like i've said, i'm all for giving players a chance, and i do hope he turns his game around...soon.

I'd like to see what peoples comments would have been like, if Caulker and Spence had not delivered after 2 1/2 months.

Would people have said,give them more time they need to settle?

No...they stood up to the plate, and did the job asked of them from pretty much day one. That's the difference.

Caulker and Spencer (and Rose) still spent half their weeks at home in London though?

Pitman is another example of a player who had quality took a while to settle and has come good,

When you move a few hundred miles away from somewhere you have lived all your life it's tough, some people find it easy, other's don't, it's as simple as that, for many moving away from home to a new city and a new job it's tough at first,

Caulker and Spencer (and Rose) still spent half their weeks at home in London though?

Pitman is another example of a player who had quality took a while to settle and has come good,

When you move a few hundred miles away from somewhere you have lived all your life it's tough, some people find it easy, other's don't, it's as simple as that, for many moving away from home to a new city and a new job it's tough at first,

I'm sorry, it just doesn't wash with me.

I can understand it, if it was a family man with kids, like Hartley was. But he still performed.

A younge man should be absolutely buzzing, and full of energy and excitement. Not moping about missing home FFS.

I wonder how many of our younge men in Afghanistan are moping about under performing because they miss home?

Anyway...none of us know the real reason he's underperforming. People are just presuming it's because he misses home.

He might be just, not very good. Who knows...but like i have said before. This whole settling in mode, is something perpetuated by managers to keep fans off their backs.

I wish him well for the future...

Well his previous history doesn't inspire me tbh. I don't think he is the answer to our left of midfield. Is he any better than any other City player we've had in that position since being promoted? Personally...I don't think so.

I hope he proves me wrong and comes good next season, but tbh, I don't think he's good enough.

He may shine in a relegated team or League 1 side though.

It worries me who we would have to be signing for their previous history to live up to your heady expectations, best get on the happy pills because we won't be getting Ashley Young any time soon.

It worries me who we would have to be signing for their previous history to live up to your heady expectations, best get on the happy pills because we won't be getting Ashley Young any time soon.

Heady expectations...???

Not at all. If he was performing to the level he has supposedly doing for Scunny, then i wouldn't have made the OP.

Adomah has come from Barnet, and has been probably our best player this year. He had no previous history of sorts at this level before. Another younge lad away from home... but doing well.

All this hogwash about missing home, are just poor excuses. Some players need to man the **** up, get on with it, and stop moping. If that is the case.

Regarding expectations...yes i expect City to be employing players that can perform at this level, improve on the player they replaced, and keep moving forward. What's the point otherwise?

Archived