IGNORED

Woolford...

spudski

I think he struggles with the way we play. From what I have seen he isn't an Adomah or Murray but like he did at Preston and Watford I believe will put in a good pass to set players free. I have no suggestions on what would suit him best as I don't see the players at training etc so don't know what they work on. Give him a pre season and see how he goes at start of next season, pretty confident he will do better.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't wash with me.

I can understand it, if it was a family man with kids, like Hartley was. But he still performed.

A younge man should be absolutely buzzing, and full of energy and excitement. Not moping about missing home FFS.

I wonder how many of our younge men in Afghanistan are moping about under performing because they miss home?

Anyway...none of us know the real reason he's underperforming. People are just presuming it's because he misses home.

He might be just, not very good. Who knows...but like i have said before. This whole settling in mode, is something perpetuated by managers to keep fans off their backs.

I wish him well for the future...

your right, lets just sack him, tear up his contract and pay him off, becuase he's not impressed you in the 10mins he's been here he's cleary not good enough,

Personnally I think he is a shocking left winger and I wouldn't put him there,

I think his postion could be in the hole behind the strikers as he does have a pass in him but doesn't have the pace could be noble all over again spend 80mins of doing naff all then 10 minutes of being unplayable,

I've yet to see him do anything but I really think a change of postion might solve it,

Would he be any better than Clarkson in an attacking midfield role though? Clarkson has had a bit of luck playing there and even chipped in a few goals, is more prolific in that role then as a striker it seems. I will keep faith with Millen on the signing of Woolford though as he was a good player and still has it in him, it just how we can get it out of him. Easier said than done though!

your right, lets just sack him, tear up his contract and pay him off, becuase he's not impressed you in the 10mins he's been here he's cleary not good enough,

At the moment, Woolford strikes me as being another Styvar.

People want to believe that there's talent there, waiting to fluorish, but the reality is that he's simply not very good.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't wash with me.

I can understand it, if it was a family man with kids, like Hartley was. But he still performed.

A younge man should be absolutely buzzing, and full of energy and excitement. Not moping about missing home FFS.

I wonder how many of our younge men in Afghanistan are moping about under performing because they miss home?

Anyway...none of us know the real reason he's underperforming. People are just presuming it's because he misses home.

He might be just, not very good. Who knows...but like i have said before. This whole settling in mode, is something perpetuated by managers to keep fans off their backs.

I wish him well for the future...

Its not about missing home, its about a complete change of life.

Remember these players come down, they live in hotels for a few weeks, possibly months....before they get settled. His move was very quick (transfer deadline day wasnt it?), hardly chance to sort much out. For anyone who has moved home, its stressful enough and many of us would book time off work to sort things out....no such luxery for Woolford.

Now dont forget, these are professional atheletes....it may sound far fetched, but even things like his fitness will be effected by living in a hotels. His eating habits will have changed, and although he may have meals at the club, you would still cook at home etc. Most atheletes eat and drink more and specific times of the day / week....this is dificult if your staying in a hotel

As some one else put, some players adapt quicker then others. Lets at least give the kid next season to prove his worth

Well at least its not Steve there's something more than meets the eye Coppell, Steve I really dont know much about football Landsdown or Keith I really was a panic measure Millen....

A new topic to tell it like it is!!!

Prozac anyone?

Hey mate...there is a facility on here to block reading other peoples posts. I suggest you do it to mine, if i upset you so much.

Or you could add to the discussion without the childish quips. :pacifier:

Its not about missing home, its about a complete change of life.

Remember these players come down, they live in hotels for a few weeks, possibly months....before they get settled. His move was very quick (transfer deadline day wasnt it?), hardly chance to sort much out. For anyone who has moved home, its stressful enough and many of us would book time off work to sort things out....no such luxery for Woolford.

Now dont forget, these are professional atheletes....it may sound far fetched, but even things like his fitness will be effected by living in a hotels. His eating habits will have changed, and although he may have meals at the club, you would still cook at home etc. Most atheletes eat and drink more and specific times of the day / week....this is dificult if your staying in a hotel

As some one else put, some players adapt quicker then others. Lets at least give the kid next season to prove his worth

Is he living in a Hotel then? Is he not being properly cared for and fed?

When i spoke to his family at the Doncaster game, they said he had settled in very quickly here and he was very happy. :dunno:

Is he living in a Hotel then? Is he not being properly cared for and fed?

When i spoke to his family at the Doncaster game, they said he had settled in very quickly here and he was very happy. :dunno:

Like many on here, its speculation.

Either way, you have got to give the kid a chance to prove himself over a full season

Like many on here, its speculation.

Either way, you have got to give the kid a chance to prove himself over a full season

It's an interesting thought...but surely a catch 22?

He's done relatively nothing since he's been here, and has been dropped to the bench.

Scenario...We give him a pre season, and he comes out playing the same way.How long do you give a player to prove himself? Your saying a full season? Do you keep playing him, even though he's adding nothing to the team...just to give him time to settle in? You can't carry passengers in a team at this level. Surely there has to be a cut off limit?

As i've said all along...I hope he proves himself. Just playing Devil's Advocate. ;)

I've not been impressed by Woolford either, but to delve into the memory a bit and go back a few years, I seem to recall a certain Mark Gavin looked similarly unimpressive when he arrived part way through the season. The following season he was one of our best players and I recall delivered a high percentage of balls for "Super-Bob" to tuck away.

Not saying that Woolford will do the same, but perhaps there is some merit to the suggestion that he does need more time to fit in to the team and show us what he can do?

I certainly hope so.

It's an interesting thought...but surely a catch 22?

He's done relatively nothing since he's been here, and has been dropped to the bench.

Scenario...We give him a pre season, and he comes out playing the same way.How long do you give a player to prove himself? Your saying a full season? Do you keep playing him, even though he's adding nothing to the team...just to give him time to settle in? You can't carry passengers in a team at this level. Surely there has to be a cut off limit?

As i've said all along...I hope he proves himself. Just playing Devil's Advocate. ;)

I totally agree, unfortunately were carrying about 15 passengers this season, and have been for about 3 years now.

I think you have to give Woolford pre-season and see how he starts next season. Myself personally, expect to see a dramatic improvement come August from the lad. Some times, some players take time to settle and get used to different teams styles of play. Maynard for example, first season hardly set the world alight.

There are at least 10 other players I would be looking to move on before I even considered Woolford.

I totally agree, unfortunately were carrying about 15 passengers this season, and have been for about 3 years now.

I think you have to give Woolford pre-season and see how he starts next season. Myself personally, expect to see a dramatic improvement come August from the lad. Some times, some players take time to settle and get used to different teams styles of play. Maynard for example, first season hardly set the world alight.

There are at least 10 other players I would be looking to move on before I even considered Woolford.

Lets hope he doesn't turn into another Akinde or Keogh. I hope he improves too.

He in my opinion has been poor but he has had a good spell recently and has been scoring and setting up a few. Akinde or Keogh by comparison have done nothing but then by Maynard's standards Clarkson has done nothing.

Sproule has done absolutely nothing during his time with this club. Apart from put in 3 or 4 good performances. Clarkson played well for 3 or 4 games and people were shouting out for Millen to give him a new contract based on a few games. The pair of them are a waste of space in this club and will have to go this summer.

It makes you wonder which people believed they would become professional footballers.

Sproule had a good season in 07/08 but after then he seeemed to suddenly drop off but to say that Sproule and Clarkson have done nothing since they joined I wouldn't agree with. Keogh and Akinde haven't done a lot that I will agree with.

Agreed, Clarkson was decent for a period lately, Sproule has tailed off in recent years- though raw pace at a defencve, particularly at this level can be a real asset, off the bench at a tiring bench for the final 25-30 mins.

Thought he was woeful again today. Pretty much our only player that didn't look at the races. I really do hope this guy comes good, but i noticed KM was tearing into him a couple of times today. His positioning is some of the worst i've ever seen. Such a shame...like i said, hope he gets better.

Anybody else see a sparkle in him that i haven't noticed?

i thought when he came he started off good perhaps fresh but started to fade certainly in the seconf half he can be a player that is in and out of games drifts at times dont think hes our worse player but the jury is still out on how good or bad he is he can be

Thought he was woeful again today. Pretty much our only player that didn't look at the races. I really do hope this guy comes good, but i noticed KM was tearing into him a couple of times today. His positioning is some of the worst i've ever seen. Such a shame...like i said, hope he gets better.

Anybody else see a sparkle in him that i haven't noticed?

No. he looked lacking in confidence to me, with several potentially good passes underhit.

It was his chance to come on and end the season on a high and come back in August with far less to prove, but unfortunately he didn't take it.

As for the poster above who compared him to Styvar, there is no comparison.

Woolford has already proved himself as a good Championship player, but he obviously needs something to go right for him to find his true form here.

An early goal for him next season will hopefully boost what appears to be a fragile confidence and set him on his way.fingerscrossed.gif

Really don't understand why he came on and started on the right today? Surely it would have been better moving him to the left and having JCR on the right as soon as he came on?

exactly my thoughts, could have really back fired had Woolford got the ball a bit more, we would've had two wingers constantly cutting back onto the other side to cross the ball in, which would have been easily managed as the game went on

No. he looked lacking in confidence to me, with several potentially good passes underhit.

It was his chance to come on and end the season on a high and come back in August with far less to prove, but unfortunately he didn't take it.

As for the poster above who compared him to Styvar, there is no comparison.

Woolford has already proved himself as a good Championship player, but he obviously needs something to go right for him to find his true form here.

An early goal for him next season will hopefully boost what appears to be a fragile confidence and set him on his way.fingerscrossed.gif

Woolford still has a hell of a lot to do to convince me that he can consistently play well at this level. To be honest, what he did, or didn't ,do at S****horpe is of no interest to me.

And, he really should GET HIS HAIR SORTED OUT. It looks ridiculous at the moment.

To be honest, what he did, or didn't ,do at S****horpe is of no interest to me.

It should do, it proves he has the quality to be a good Championship player. If he can produce such an impressive number of goals and assists in the Championship for S****horpe, we should have every hope he will do the same at AG when settled.

And, he really should GET HIS HAIR SORTED OUT. It looks ridiculous at the moment.

You sound like a jealous baldie.

You're not a bitter and resentful slaphead are you Venus? dunno.gifdoh.gif

Archived