IGNORED

Clubs From Other Divisions

Carey 6

Prem Club - Chelsea - Team i've followed since around the age of 6/7 after getting a Goalkeeper top for christmas

League one - Huddersfield - Been my second team this season, and probably will continue to be for a while. Partly because of boom boom signing for them but also because of a £10 bet ;)

League two - Wycombe - Always liked wycombe, no idea why though!

Scotland - Dundee United & Falkirk - Falkirk i've followed since we signed Lee Miller, Relegated from the SPL last season though :( And Dundee i've followed for the past two seasons, watch all the highlights and going up next season to watch a few games!

Weird Choices i know! Yours?

Prem: None really, generally quite like it though when an underdog comes up from the division below and puts a few noses out of joint.

League 1: None

League2: None

SPL: Celtic- part Irish.

Euro: Barcelona play superb football, but I quite like the idea of Napoli winning Serie A, as seemed possible this year.

World: Boca Juniors I guess.

In the Championship, family reasons mean that after City, Leeds are my 2nd team- certainly when they play each other I support City but aside from that I look out for their results.

Lowestoft Town (family holiday venue) are in the Isthmian League playoff on Saturday, so might be in the Conference next season. :fingerscrossed:

Peterborough (I've now lived here 25 years). :argh:

AFC Wimbledon; because I'm a football fan. Win the play offs and they're in the League next season. :fingerscrossed:

Armenia Bielefeld (they drift in & out of the Bundesluiga) as I was stationed at RAF Gutersloh. :trumpet:

I also look out for the scores of Bristol Rugby, Glos Cricket and P'boro' speedway. :dunno:

Always been a Man U fan (second to BCFC of course) and I can't wait until the Champions League final at Wembley v Barca May 28th.

Barcelona are way out favourites to win the final, but I fancy Man U to nick it by one goal. Probably 2-1 Man U.

If we ever get to the Prem, our fixtures versus them will be difficult for me, but when it comes down to the wire, it is always City for me.

Lowestoft Town (family holiday venue) are in the Isthmian League playoff on Saturday, so might be in the Conference next season. :fingerscrossed:

DAMN!! Play Off Final; Tonbridge Angels 4 - Lowestoft Town 3. :no:

AFC Wimbledon; because I'm a football fan. Win the play offs and they're in the League next season. :fingerscrossed:

I'm a fellow AFC fan, mainly because I lived their for 15 years and I used to pop along to Plough Lane (though not Selhurst - there are limits!) a few times before the FA disgracefully allowed the club to be franchised.

I lived in Southampton in the 80s as well, so I have an affection for Saints.

Apart from keeping an eye on our local sides my only other is Olympique Lyonnais, the in-laws live nearby and all follow them so have had some exposure to the mighty OL.

Because of this i now have a mandatory hatred of Marseille!

Tonight the League 1 play off 2nd leg;

my adopted home town 2 the franchise that sums up all that's wrong in football 0. :clapping:

Now for Saturday the Conference play off final; AFC Wimbledon v Luton.

Prem: Spurs, felling live with their attacking play since I was younger.

Championship: Bristol City

League 1: not saying I support them but I like Bournemouth and Rochdale for some reason, don't know why.

League 2: I have a soft spot for Crewe probably because they sold us Maynard.

SPL: Always preferred Celtic to Ranger but also like Hearts.

As far as U.K. football is concerned, I keep a friendly eye on Birmingham City.

This is due to the influence of my late father, a keen Blues fan ,who regaled me with tales of their legendary goalkeepers: Harry Hibbs and Gil Merrick.

Also West Brom is regarded favourably : their historical strength seems to have been in their centre forwards/ strikers: -Richardson, Ronnie Allen , Astle etc.

I have a few mates that support City and a Prem team.

I feel I can only back City and all my emotions go in to wanting them to win and Somerset when it comes to cricket.

Even my teams out here, Toulouse and Montpellier, don't get a fraction of the emotional imput that City do from me.

I used to follow Minehead when I was a kid, they had a brilliant non league team then, crap now.

My second team is Liverpool. My dad is a scouser and moved down here when he was 7-8 but retained his support for them (though he saw the light and started following the City shortly after moving down here)

We had loads of VHS videos of Liverpool growing up, Titles like "Team of a decade" and such. Couldn't help but fall in love with the Shankly spirit and the "Boot room" philosophy. Also loved players like Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen as I grew up too.

Had a soft spot for Gretna when they were in the Scottish 3rd division, Loved Kenny 'Doc' Duchar banging in the goals every weekend on Soccer Saturday! Also had a lot of time for Peterborough due to an old championship manager challenge me and my friends used to do religiously.

Further afield have taken a shine to Chicago Fire (FIFA team) and Palermo (Great kit!)

None of these even come close to Bristol City though. Could never get the sense of togetherness from following Liverpool as I do from going to AG on a saturday and watching another dreadful performance. Those shared lows make the pleasure of Winning together so much more intense.

Biggest hate, as someone said above is the plastic Mancs. Pop to the pub for a "sunday funday" and they're full of the same replica wearing west country accented types. Does my head in!

I dont really support anyone else to be honest and Bristol City will always be my top team and first team.

Saying that, like someone else about Torquay and Cheltenham, I look out for the local sides results in league one and two (even Rovers but for different reasons) just to see how theyre getting on and see how teams from the West Country are getting on.

I also look out for Spurs as my cockney mate took me to a game this year and their atmosphere is great; he took me to Wolves 3-3 Spurs and I took him to City 0-2 Swansea - what a contrast eh!?

Tonight the League 1 play off 2nd leg;

my adopted home town 2 the franchise that sums up all that's wrong in football 0. :clapping:

Now for Saturday the Conference play off final; AFC Wimbledon v Luton.

YESSSSS!! even if it was on penalties, well done AFC.

Archived