IGNORED

Maynard Close To Agreeing New Deal

Dynamite Red

I believe Sky Andrew is his agent now and that bloke has no morals at all. God knows how Nicky ended up with him as an agent - I think it must have been through his mate Jermaine Pennant. Nicky isn't as clean cut as some would like to believe if he is still hanging around with him! Dodgey times ahead with this one I fear.

How come he's mates with Pennant? What's his connection with Pennant?

Maynard isn't some naive kid who lets his Mum do his dealings for him - he's a professional footballer, with all the baggage which comes with that these days.

I believe Sky Andrew is his agent now and that bloke has no morals at all. God knows how Nicky ended up with him as an agent - I think it must have been through his mate Jermaine Pennant. Nicky isn't as clean cut as some would like to believe if he is still hanging around with him! Dodgey times ahead with this one I fear.

Have you ever met Sky and Jermaine? Both really nice guys actually. The few times I've met them they've both been sound.

Sky Andrew only seems to get a raw deal because of Liam Rosenior's departure doesn't he? Remember that was the clubs fault not his..

Have you ever met Sky and Jermaine? Both really nice guys actually. The few times I've met them they've both been sound.

I met Gordon Brown once. Seemed a sound bloke. In reality he's a c*** who has ruined this country. First impressions eh?

I met Gordon Brown once. Seemed a sound bloke. In reality he's a c*** who has ruined this country. First impressions eh?

2nd impressions were good also. Nicky WILL sign, that's all you need to worry about.

Nope. You're obviously a Labour supporter? Mug

Doesn't take a labour supporter to see that GB or anyone else for that matter cant be blamed for a global financial crisis. Capitalism has been heading this way for years...

But you carry on Beleiving the toff propaganda machine that would make goebbels proud.

After having great relegation celebrations yeasterday afternoon at the 3lions, headed into town to meet my girlfriend...we deceided to go for food in start the bus....bumped into Mr Maynard at the natwest cash machine on corn st....being slightly rat assed deceided to ask nicky on the contact situation......seems he's keen to stay.......i did comment on how he looked down during the lap of honour and indeed he was upset at not being involved in the team performance........and when i put it to him with the instruction 'sign the contract', his reply was "if they give me what i want then i'll sign"....so unfortunatly his agent must be that leach of a man sky andrew......no doubt if he does sign he will become citys highest paid player in history

Perhaps it's just his nature but Maynard looked singularly underwhelmed and unenthusiastic on the lap of honour.

An occasional limp thumb was raised but that was it, no smiling or waving (by the time he reached the Dolman/Atyeo corner anyway), and no visible acknowledgement of the 'sign the deal' chants either.

Football is crazy though, we all know it. Who knows whats going to happen, who is coming in who is going out...If you look through uncertain eyes you will always find uncertainty. All Football clubs are in a fluid state, always changing, adjusting, growing..withering.. We are growing still I think.

Would never want to hold a player against his will, who benefits from that? conditions have to be right on all sides for player transfers, I guess the agent earns his crust that way ensuring the move is good for all. But, it is brinkmanship, we are talking huge fortunes of money and players careers here. Its no time for games. Pre season is vital, thanks christ Km and the players are gonna get one!

Doesn't take a labour supporter to see that GB or anyone else for that matter cant be blamed for a global financial crisis. Capitalism has been heading this way for years...

But you carry on Beleiving the toff propaganda machine that would make goebbels proud.

This, this and even more this, was about to say something but realised you've summed it up perfectly.

After having great relegation celebrations yeasterday afternoon at the 3lions, headed into town to meet my girlfriend...we deceided to go for food in start the bus....bumped into Mr Maynard at the natwest cash machine on corn st....being slightly rat assed deceided to ask nicky on the contact situation......seems he's keen to stay.......i did comment on how he looked down during the lap of honour and indeed he was upset at not being involved in the team performance........and when i put it to him with the instruction 'sign the contract', his reply was "if they give me what i want then i'll sign"....so unfortunatly his agent must be that leach of a man sky andrew......no doubt if he does sign he will become citys highest paid player in history

"If they give me what I want then I'll sign".

Wonder what it is that he wants? Private jet? Daily massage from Big Brother winner Josie? I'm intrigued.

Well this is it isn't it. What I want, that statement alone makes me scream sell him. Sorry Nicky, what the club can afford and nothing more. A...hole.

Don't worry Nicky, it's not like we are in a recession, having to tighten belts and in real danger of being made redundant. Don't worry about us, as long as you get your £20K per week, or whatever it is you want, don't worry about us fans. We're happy with a cardboard box and jobseekers allowance........

I love the fact that on the ramblings of one poster it has been decided that the things Nicky supposedly "wants" are all financially motivated.

Who's to say that its not a realistic release clause? You can see why the club might want to haggle that one out of the negotiations and you can see why Maynard would want them in the contract.

Pathetic speculation based on some unsubstantiated evidence... Typical, one might suggest, of this forum.

So there we have it. Maynard and his agent are by hs own omission alledgedly holding the club to ransom. Footballers and their agents really are low life. I really hope we don't give him what he wants if we can't afford it - jog on superstar....

I love the fact that on the ramblings of one poster it has been decided that the things Nicky supposedly "wants" are all financially motivated.

Who's to say that its not a realistic release clause? You can see why the club might want to haggle that one out of the negotiations and you can see why Maynard would want them in the contract.

Pathetic speculation based on some unsubstantiated evidence... Typical, one might suggest, of this forum.

I think it's fair to assume that "what he wants" is more money than the club are currently offering. Footballers are almost exclusively motivated by money.

I think it's fair to assume that "what he wants" is more money than the club are currently offering. Footballers are almost exclusively motivated by money.

I don't think it's fair to assume anything at all about a private contract negotiation. I think that considering not one of us has any knowledge of what the demands from both parties are we have absolutely no right to be making the kind of attacks on his personality already seen on this thread.

Recession or not, even if Nicky has asked for a wage increase, do you not think he merits it? especially considering if reports of Premier League interest is true. He most certainly could get more money elsewhere.

Nobody knows a thing about these negotiations, Me or you. To callously asume that there is a sinister motivation behind them is about as ridiculous a notion as has been put forward on here.

Or is this an early attempt to justify hating him when he finally leaves for better and brighter things? Another famed OTIB tactic that one.

Well ok, if he signs a new contract I would like to hear from Maynard, I renewed because I wanted to be here, and I havent taken a pay rise, it's purely a football decision.

Good luck with that.

I don't think it's fair to assume anything at all about a private contract negotiation. I think that considering not one of us has any knowledge of what the demands from both parties are we have absolutely no right to be making the kind of attacks on his personality already seen on this thread.

Recession or not, even if Nicky has asked for a wage increase, do you not think he merits it? especially considering if reports of Premier League interest is true. He most certainly could get more money elsewhere.

Nobody knows a thing about these negotiations, Me or you. To callously assume that there is a sinister motivation behind them is about as ridiculous a notion as has been put forward on here.

Or is this an early attempt to justify hating him when he finally leaves for better and brighter things? Another famed OTIB tactic that one.

Clearly you are on the wrong forum, Jordan.

All these other posters are clearly "in the know" and Nicky is evil incarnate, apparently.........

Well ok, if he signs a new contract I would like to hear from Maynard, I renewed because I wanted to be here, and I havent taken a pay rise, it's purely a football decision.

Good luck with that.

Leaving his so called wage demands aside, are you suggesting that Maynard does not deserve any sort of pay-rise??

Good luck with that.

Of course he is going to take a ******* pay rise, what planet are you living on??:tumbleweed:

He is our best player and with that deserves to be payed accordingly. I'm not sure which profession you're getting this superhuman attitude to wages? I take it that if you knew you could get a pay rise you would decline simply on the basis of other people being out of work? GET REAL! :fastasleep:

Archived