IGNORED

Maynard Close To Agreeing New Deal

Dynamite Red

Before we start banging Nicky to rights, are we absolutely certain the poster who has written this is the 100% truth? He even admitted himself that he was a bit squiffy at the time.

That is the point, Even if the guy (Who we have equally no reason to doubt as believe) is telling the truth, Nothing Nicky said categorically states that these demands are anything to do with money. Just another example of the holier than thou crew trying to demonise someone with absolutely nothing factual to base it on.

Tiresome doesn't quite sum it up sufficiently.

Okay, I appear to be the only one to have interpreted that comment in the complete opposite way

"If they give me what I want, then I'll sign"

I think it's fair to assume that everyone has an idea of their value, and its right that they should expect to agree to a wage appropriate to that. The statement gives no indication whatsoever that what he wants is in anyway unrealistic, that is pure conjecture from members of the forum.

So the only remaining part of the sentence is that he's happy to sign. Has to be a good thing!

He knows that we are unable to offer him Premier League football, and yet he is still happy to sign for us, if we offer him a reasonable contract. According to that statement, the ball is very much in City's court, which is a much better situation that most of us would have expected

That is the point, Even if the guy (Who we have equally no reason to doubt as believe) is telling the truth, Nothing Nicky said categorically states that these demands are anything to do with money. Just another example of the holier than thou crew trying to demonise someone with absolutely nothing factual to base it on.

Tiresome doesn't quite sum it up sufficiently.

It's naive to think that this isn't about money. Footballers' contract negotiations are always about money.

And, for the record, I won't hate Maynard if he leaves us. I'm a bit too old to care, frankly. Another "hero" will soon replace him. I prefer Pitman anyway.

Of course he is going to take a ******* pay rise, what planet are you living on??:tumbleweed:

He is our best player and with that deserves to be payed accordingly. I'm not sure which profession you're getting this superhuman attitude to wages? I take it that if you knew you could get a pay rise you would decline simply on the basis of other people being out of work? GET REAL! :fastasleep:

I'm living on this one thanks. Planet Football is nowhere near where I live. He's just come back from 9 months out, what has he done to deserve a pay rise. He has been paid all this time for doing f* all. He has had 1 good season, now you say he should be paid accordingly, he is have you not seen the players car park on a matchday.

Our best player of last season, our best players this season have been John Stead, followed by Albert and Marvin Elliott, Nicky Maynard has played a few games and got sent off this season, f** it, double his wages. Have you not noticed why SL has discarded your Student Season ticket price next season, it's because they want more money from you to pay Nicky more, you see, you pay more he gets more. So do I think he deserves to get more out of me, do I bollocks.

Ha ha, deary me. Do I really need to explain the simple economics of the situation??

I understand fully thanks Riaz. Take a look at the pay on the day price on a matchday, have a look at the figures of the take up. Deary me, I would use stronger language than that.

There are several things that "what I want" could be about other than basic salary. A release clause has already been mentioned, but there are also other possible differences, such as length of contract or even some of the "add ons" such as goal bonuses.

We don't have enough to be sure - but that will never stop people jumping to conclusions of course tumbleweed.gif

I'm living on this one thanks. Planet Football is nowhere near where I live. He's just come back from 9 months out, what has he done to deserve a pay rise. He has been paid all this time for doing f* all. He has had 1 good season, now you say he should be paid accordingly, he is have you not seen the players car park on a matchday.

Our best player of last season, our best players this season have been John Stead, followed by Albert and Marvin Elliott, Nicky Maynard has played a few games and got sent off this season, f** it, double his wages. Have you not noticed why SL has discarded your Student Season ticket price next season, it's because they want more money from you to pay Nicky more, you see, you pay more he gets more. So do I think he deserves to get more out of me, do I bollocks.

If we don't offer him a pay-rise on the basis he had an unfortunate injury, other clubs happily will. It's also called protecting our investment.

When he signed the contract he was an unproven youngster. Now he is a proven goalscorer and our best player - look how we improved when he returned to the side. Most players "need games to get match fit" - not nicky Maynard - banging the goals in from the off. Utter class - and if we dont pay him accordingly, we'll only suffer.

Thank got we ain't got someone like you in charge running Bcfc! In fact your name ain't nick Higgs is it??

Ps that last bit was a joke!

If we don't offer him a pay-rise on the basis he had an unfortunate injury, other clubs happily will. It's also called protecting our investment.

When he signed the contract he was an unproven youngster. Now he is a proven goalscorer and our best player - look how we improved when he returned to the side. Most players "need games to get match fit" - not nicky Maynard - banging the goals in from the off. Utter class - and if we dont pay him accordingly, we'll only suffer.

Thank got we ain't got someone like you in charge running Bcfc! In fact your name ain't nick Higgs is it??

Ps that last bit was a joke!

No we had someone like you in charge Riaz, we lost 12 million in one year.

Did you not notice Steve Lansdown saying goodbye yesterday? Belts are going to be tightened at AG, and a player like Maynard may be unaffordable for us these days.

Which makes it more important he signs, so we can get a decent transfer fee. It won't help us in the slightest if he goes for nothing next summer.

Maynard will not play for city again,he will sign a deal with a clause allowing him to go.it just makes sure we get a fair price for him.remember he has been been paid for 9 months without kicking a ball.it is the very least he should do allow city to get a fair price.

Stead and pitman will be our main strike force next year who will fill maynard boots .

Pittman seems a more complete striker than Maynard.

If the caulker,Maynard thing does come off happy days.

Did you not notice Steve Lansdown saying goodbye yesterday? Belts are going to be tightened at AG, and a player like Maynard may be unaffordable for us these days.

Absolutely bang on. 12 million loss in one season was horrific. The club cannot keep thinking it can throw money at players just because the think they deserve more money.

Which makes it more important he signs, so we can get a decent transfer fee. It won't help us in the slightest if he goes for nothing next summer.

I think the club will try to move him on as quickly as possible if he refuses to sign a new contract. We may as well sell him now rather than lose him for nothing next season.

I think the club will try to move him on as quickly as possible if he refuses to sign a new contract. We may as well sell him now rather than lose him for nothing next season.

i don't think anyone will disagree with you on that front, but the best situation is the one where he signs and stays and continues to score goals.

Not forgetting the pay cut, he's now going to work for £6.35 an hour...:fastasleep: Whilst Ivan sproule sits on 8k a week

It's naive to think that this isn't about money. Footballers' contract negotiations are always about money.

And, for the record, I won't hate Maynard if he leaves us. I'm a bit too old to care, frankly. Another "hero" will soon replace him. I prefer Pitman anyway.

it's not naive. It would naive to jump to conclusions, like some on here tonight, without any facts or knowledge of the situation.

If Millen comes ut saying the club have been priced out by NM, then demonise him all you want... Worked with Leroy after he scored a hatful for us.

What for 3 or 4 million? Who are gonna spend that much, when he'll be on a free in 12 months??

It won't do anybody any good if Maynard hangs around AG for another twelve months, because (presumably) the club wouldn't play him if he refuses to sign a new contract.

Best for all concerned if he moves on IF he doesn't sign.

i don't think anyone will disagree with you on that front, but the best situation is the one where he signs and stays and continues to score goals.

Not forgetting the pay cut, he's now going to work for £6.35 an hour...:fastasleep: Whilst Ivan sproule sits on 8k a week

The poor love will still have to struggle by on 5k a week. Terrible isn't it. By the way how much extra did you pay for this seasons season ticket?

It won't do anybody any good if Maynard hangs around AG for another twelve months, because (presumably) the club wouldn't play him if he refuses to sign a new contract.

Why would you presume that? It would be the most foolish thing this club ever did if they refused to play the most talented player we have...

Now whos making assumptions?

See any of our other players scoring 21 goals in the championship for a lower half team?

See any of our other players linked with top flight clubs? big money transfers?

See any of our other players score some of the goals Nicky has proven himself capable of scoring?

Nah, thought not.

See any of our other players scoring 21 goals in the championship for a lower half team?

See any of our other players linked with top flight clubs? big money transfers?

See any of our other players score some of the goals Nicky has proven himself capable of scoring?

Nah, thought not.

See any other of our players representing their country in a World Cup.

See any other of our players playing in the top flight for well over a decade.

See any other of our players owning an FA cup winners medal.

Nah, thought not.

See any other of our players representing their country in a World Cup.

See any other of our players playing in the top flight for well over a decade.

See any other of our players owning an FA cup winners medal.

Nah, thought not.

I didn't consider James, I must admit and would say that the only player in our squad who justifies a larger wage than Nicky is DJ. I am one of DJ's most loyal defenders(against the tosh spouted about him on here). One of your "allies" on this topic is one of his biggest critics.

Surely it's normal for footballers to push for the maximum they can get.

I was reading the Christian Roberts book a couple of months ago. I don't have it to hand to check the figures because I lent the book to a mate, but when he signed for City from Exeter he was offered something like £800 a week. It was at least double his Exeter wage and he was desperate to sign, but he still got his agent to get it up to £1,000 a week and City agreed.

I have no qualms about Maynard being offered more money. Even during his short stint this season he came back at a time we were looking like slipping back into a dogfight and he scored vital goals. If his mere presence got the other strikers to up their game a bit, then all well and good.

I like to think that the club, with this new board coming in and SL slightly in the background, will only offer what they can afford. His transfer value with a long-term contract sorted compared with the situation now, where his deal has just a year to run, is surely part of the whole calculation.

I see we are also talking to Albert about a new deal. He's got two years to go but according to a Millen interview in the Sunday Indy Albert and Maynard have been in talks over new deals. Maybe agents have been bending Millen's ears about some interest out there in taking Albert off our hands.

Surely it's normal for footballers to push for the maximum they can get.

I was reading the Christian Roberts book a couple of months ago. I don't have it to hand to check the figures because I lent the book to a mate, but when he signed for City from Exeter he was offered something like £800 a week. It was at least double his Exeter wage and he was desperate to sign, but he still got his agent to get it up to £1,000 a week and City agreed.

I have no qualms about Maynard being offered more money. Even during his short stint this season he came back at a time we were looking like slipping back into a dogfight and he scored vital goals. If his mere presence got the other strikers to up their game a bit, then all well and good.

I like to think that the club, with this new board coming in and SL slightly in the background, will only offer what they can afford. His transfer value with a long-term contract sorted compared with the situation now, where his deal has just a year to run, is surely part of the whole calculation.

I see we are also talking to Albert about a new deal. He's got two years to go but according to a Millen interview in the Sunday Indy Albert and Maynard have been in talks over new deals. Maybe agents have been bending Millen's ears about some interest out there in taking Albert off our hands.

Archived