IGNORED

The Future

Reid lack confidence?

Most composed performance from a kid his age I've seen in a long time, he never once shied away from the ball or a tackle. Very excited about him.

Wilson looked class and could well establish himself in our first team next year and agree about Edwards' positioning, though like you say he made up for that with a few tackles.

Exciting!

Thought Wilson was outstanding today, like a brick wall, Edwards needs to work on positioning but was always there to make up for it, tackle in the 1st half was awesome. Reid was average but I'm sure we'll see more of him next year as he seemed to lack confidence. Well done youngsters, looking good :fingerscrossed:

Have to disagree about Reid, I thought he was quite impressive and confident, and I look forward to following his progress, especially as he grows into his kit! I think Joe Edwards needs to get on the weights during the summer as he seems quite small for a twenty year old. Wilson looks excellent.

Reid lack confidence?

Most composed performance from a kid his age I've seen in a long time, he never once shied away from the ball or a tackle. Very excited about him.

Wilson looked class and could well establish himself in our first team next year and agree about Edwards' positioning, though like you say he made up for that with a few tackles.

Exciting!

When Reid got on the ball I just thought he shyed away from running at people, but off the ball, his tackiling etc was, as you said, was very good

Delighted to see them get there chance, and I honestly think that they all did very well. Wilson looks very reassured and Edwards looked very composed on the ball, as well as doing well when going forward. Reid wasn't able to get involved as much as the other two, but did very well in the small parts he did play in.

When Reid got on the ball I just thought he shyed away from running at people, but off the ball, his tackiling etc was, as you said, was very good

Honestly couldn't disagree with you more! Though football is a game of opinions! He looked hungry for the ball and frequently picked up the short pass from the defence and midfield and carried forward before moving it on. He looks a technically gifted and simple player, though definately not a winger. As Roger say's, excited to follow his progress.

He grew into it as it went on and for his age was very composed and confident to try the big passes, good start for Reid and the other two were very good as well. :) Great to see the kids on and do think we could have done this five games ago.

I think Wilson would have been in the side a lot earlier had he not been injured so much this season, However I think today showed just why Millen is slightly concerned by playing Edwards just yet. His positioning was worrying at times and that is something he will need to work on in training if he is to develop into a championship player. That said, the rest of his game was good indeed, Proving he certainly COULD make it.

I think Millen has actually got it right with the kids, but thats just my opinion.

I think Wilson would have been in the side a lot earlier had he not been injured so much this season, However I think today showed just why Millen is slightly concerned by playing Edwards just yet. His positioning was worrying at times and that is something he will need to work on in training if he is to develop into a championship player. That said, the rest of his game was good indeed, Proving he certainly COULD make it.

I think Millen has actually got it right with the kids, but thats just my opinion.

dnt think its possible to form a substantial view of any player after 90 minutes , iam just pleased they all got a run out and played responsibly well and of course makes it that much sweeter that we won :clapping:

Yeah I think I agree with you on the whole but its just really nice to see players come into the team, Reid would have been quite off the pace in a full on match I expect and I can see what you mean about Edwards too.

I did say about Wilson during the game and then remembered he had been injured, he looks good though and will hopefully feature a lot more next year. My post was not meant to seem like it was knocking Millen but five games ago we were not playing for anything and the team were not playing that well so would not have hurt to had them making a few more cameos, just my opinion though.

Yeah I think I agree with you on the whole but its just really nice to see players come into the team, Reid would have been quite off the pace in a full on match I expect and I can see what you mean about Edwards too.

I did say about Wilson during the game and then remembered he had been injured, he looks good though and will hopefully feature a lot more next year. My post was not meant to seem like it was knocking Millen but five games ago we were not playing for anything and the team were not playing that well so would not have hurt to had them making a few more cameos, just my opinion though.

I also think it's nice, Nothing better than seeing a player who has been developed at our club coming through the rank, But it's important that everything that happens is geared toward the development of these players as opposed to appeasing the fans. I wasn't implying that you were knocking Millen, I just think that so far he has played this situation correctly, or at least exactly how I would have anyway.

Excited about next season now, though I am sure that excitment will as ever be killed within the first few weeks of the season!

What a cock you are.

Well done big boy.

Hull had nothing to play for and were probably the worst team we've played all season.

All our lads played well but to start creaming over one meaningless match is a bit naieve.

Edwards and Reid were understandably off the pace even though it was a meaningless game. Wilson looked good but then again wasn't up against anyone who was actually trying. Pearson was rightly pissed off with his boys, hence the double substitution after just 30 odd mins.

But.....good to see three inexperienced players getting some pitch time in the Championship.

Edwards and Reid were understandably off the pace even though it was a meaningless game. Wilson looked good but then again wasn't up against anyone who was actually trying. Pearson was rightly pissed off with his boys, hence the double substitution after just 30 odd mins.

But.....good to see three inexperienced players getting some pitch time in the Championship.

When was Edwards off the pace ??

When was Edwards off the pace ??

He fell asleep a few times with balls in behind him, You could either say that was because he was "off the pace" or "rusty" or you could say he lacks awareness and his positioning needs a lot of work in the summer.

He did well, looked confident, but he has a lot of areas where he needs to improve to become a championship full back. Good luck to him and the coaches.

Honestly couldn't disagree with you more! Though football is a game of opinions! He looked hungry for the ball and frequently picked up the short pass from the defence and midfield and carried forward before moving it on. He looks a technically gifted and simple player, though definately not a winger. As Roger say's, excited to follow his progress.

Agree with you 100%, very impressed with Wilson, i think he's been watching Caulker, Edwards looked good on the ball but positioning, particulrly in the 1st half was dodgy, as for Reid, i was well impressed, surely the final nail in the coffin for LJ

I thought all 3 youngsters played well today. They did themselves credit. Hopefully, they'll come back over the Summer even better.

I thought Hull were really poor. Someone said, they had nothing to play for. Not True. If they had drawn or won today, that would have meant 18 games away without a loss...A record.

As it is...who owns the record for 17 away games without a loss? BRISTOL CITY :chant6ez::chant6ez: Can't remember which season though :whistle:

Agree with some comments on here;

Thought Edwards looked very good, but his positioning isnt great- just like Ribero (what's happened to him?) Edwards seemed excellent going forward and confident on the ball, and he made an outstanding last ditch tackle. Very impressed with him, and he can only get better!

James Wilson was again excellent as he was at Derby, and I think he could play a part next season.

As for Bobby Reid,confident on the ball and he's definitely got skill, but I think he's still quite a way from being a key first team player.

Overall though the future looks bright, onwards and upwards!

THE FUTURE (WITHOUT MAYNARD):

----------HENDERSON---------

EDWARDS--WILSON--FONTAINE---NEW LB

--------CISSE---ELLIOT----------

---ADOMAH---REID---WOOLFORD--------

----------------STEAD---------------------

-------------CISSE-------------

--------REID-----SKUSE-----------

--ADOMAH-----STEAD---WOOLFORD-----

I thought all 3 youngsters played well today. They did themselves credit. Hopefully, they'll come back over the Summer even better.

I thought Hull were really poor. Someone said, they had nothing to play for. Not True. If they had drawn or won today, that would have meant 18 games away without a loss...A record.

As it is...who owns the record for 17 away games without a loss? BRISTOL CITY :chant6ez::chant6ez: Can't remember which season though :whistle:

Nicely dug up there Spud. clapping.gif

did you forget Pitman?

No Pitman?? No JCR?? Skuse played in attacking mid??? WOOLFORD??? This is a joke right... :fingerscrossed:

Archived